jonfett

Welcome to all new members

I'm glad others agree with me about my ideas about Modern War LEGO, many don't. I've heard many arguments about 'Castle battles are wars.' and the like.

As for where I am exactly - I prefer not to give me exact location out, but on the coast of BC (British Columbia, on the west coast). On an island, actually.

Thanks for the kind words about my MOC's, if you're interested here's the beginning's on what I'm working on now:

agate_unfinished1.jpg_thumb.jpg

(Click Pic)

I'm a bit further now, though, I'm just working out the actual workings of the gate mechanism. I'm hoping it will be rigged so you can turn something and it will raise or lower, using gears.

That's a very nice castle, and J1A3L5, where did you get your At-AT?

Thanks. That AT-AT? I got it when they were first released from Shop@Home. I mean, before they were officially released. There was a week or so when you could order it if you specifically asked by phone, but no where else you could get it yet. The first day that happened, I ordered it. I hope to get a second sometime, great parts pack.

~Jail

Your new castle looks good so far, I can tell it will be a great model.

:o Oooooh... I wish I had a big tub of old light grey like you do! I need lots more to complete my helms deep.

If only...

Jon.

Your new castle looks good so far, I can tell it will be a great model.

:o Oooooh... I wish I had a big tub of old light grey like you do! I need lots more to complete my helms deep.

If only...

Thanks, I have two tubs of [old] light grey bricks. One is full of all sizes except 2x4's and 1x1's. That includes all bricks. No plates, or other pieces. Just straight bricks. If everything was apart, it would probably be about full.

Then I have a second identical tub with 2x4's, which if they were all apart would probably be pretty close to full. My 1x1 bricks get put in a separate place.

Then I have a tub of [old] dark grey and [old] brown bricks. All sizes except 1x1, but bricks only. If all my castle stuff was apart, it would probably be just a bit over half-full.

I really don't have as many grey bricks as many people I know.

till i joined the AFOL (and KFOL) community, i thought i would own MANY lego parts.... but since that day month ago... i know that my amount of parts isn't much for a afol... ;)

till i joined the AFOL (and KFOL) community, i thought i would own MANY lego parts.... but since that day month ago... i know that my amount of parts isn't much for a afol... ;)

Yep. I know one guy who I've heard had his piece count come in at over half a million - And that way two years ago.

Gasspp... Must... build...castle... This is huge. I like how you produce a landscape around your buildings with bricks. It shows how bricks are the main usefeull lego parts. No need for new pieces, back to roots lego ! :P

Half a million ? Erm I don't think I got that many, but I must be (really) close. :mellow:

I started with a limited supply of old greys. I have now used up nearly all of my supplies and I have literally a handful left. I need to order some more but the prices are getting higher and there doesn't seem to be any old grey left on s@h.

I'm sure I will find a way.

Jon.

Try to ask your friends if they need their lego anymore.. Then trade those for 5 bucks, and you got a deal

Gasspp... Must... build...castle... This is huge. I like how you produce a landscape around your buildings with bricks. It shows how bricks are the main usefeull lego parts. No need for new pieces, back to roots lego ! :P

Half a million ? Erm I don't think I got that many, but I must be (really) close. :mellow:

Glad you approve of the landscape, it seems to be what gets most people's attention. I'm not sure about it myself, but everyone seems to think I am especially good with landscaping. I was asked to write an article for C-C on it actually, unfortunately it's still only half-written. As for basic LEGO parts, I try to use them as much as possible. The entire MOC only has bricks, plates, 1x1 rounds, a couple technic pins for how it connects, 2x2x3 slopes, 2x2x1 inverted slopes, and flags and flagpoles. That's about all in the whole MOC. A few more slopes, probably.

I started with a limited supply of old greys. I have now used up nearly all of my supplies and I have literally a handful left. I need to order some more but the prices are getting higher and there doesn't seem to be any old grey left on s@h.

I'm sure I will find a way..

I'm not sure how soon they'll run out - I'm pretty convinced they made more than 10,000 of each packet.

Try to ask your friends if they need their lego anymore.. Then trade those for 5 bucks, and you got a deal

Indeed. Friends are good for LEGO, although one of mine partly knew the worth of his. But it was still an extremely good deal. For $100 Canadian I got this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/j1a3l5/C...n/drewstuff.jpg

Several of the more worthwhile parts are shown here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=59450

All in all, it had about 5,000 new pieces, many of which were rare and unique. Of course I carefully washed and checked each piece before I brought it into my collection.

What you paid ? I get some free ;) I wish I could get all free but as far, I only get free lego from 3 friends. I am lucky enough : they're all in their dark age, and their parents find lego take too much space.

I just can't wait to steal the lego of my own childs :lol:

Nice bulk you get there... this one was worth 100 C$

Just tripped over this forum :$

As of I did'nt have enough of them allready.

But this one seems nice and usefull :oD

I'm from the MOTHERLAND of Lego - Denmark.

Started really playing again when SW came out.

Now I'm afraid to say SW is secondary to me :oo

It is the same story every time: When you have a full collection you start something new *wacko*

Town and trains is what I am into at the moment.

And lately I have fallen in love with the Imperial soldier/guard theme.

Only problem is that these can only be bought secondhand :^^D

Feel free to visit My Webpage to see some of my creations.

Welcome to this place!!! :D

And lately I have fallen in love with the Imperial soldier/guard theme.

oh yes, what a nice line!!! *satis* i wish i had got more of them, when i was younger and when they were available at stores.... :/

Ahhhh

Rart at se der er andre Danskere her, velkommen til :)

Translation:

You like to know ;)

Welcome ! I can see you are building nice furnitures with Lego bricks. Maybe a famous sweden brand will hire you soon ! ;)

Well why is eurobricks not in your links ? ;)

hehe, look at MY homepage what jipay forced ME to do!!!! *G*

okay, he hadnt forced me.. ;) (and actually he hosts my site, so i really shouldn't complain... :|)

:^D Yes don't complaint. No prob John, it was only a joke, it's up to you to ad a link or not. I hope you will enjoy your stay here, you will see we are really friendly. We have some private jokes also, and for you to anderstand here is a small resume :

- Apo regitered on eurobricks 22 minutes after JonFett, so Jon wa admin before Apo did

- It seems that i'm known as the most lego addicted here. Some rumours eventually says I'm eating Lego at breakfest

- DoubleT is always saying "ofcause" instead of "of course"

- We are always going off topic in some ways

FOr the rest, i'll let you discover, as I everyone is pretty nice here, you can ask anyone about something you don't anderstand. If you have something particular to comment about something going wrong, you can PM an admin ;)

If you have something particular to comment about something going wrong, you can PM an admin  ;)
Seems to me that if I should do that I would'nt be doing anything else :D

I ofcause(It's a Danish thing) would like to anderstand (But what is that :$ )

Just kidding.

Thanks. It has been a pleasure so far.

You knew all ready, we danes are such kind friendly people..... like the Vikings ;)

Yaeh. And we freed the slaves before you other guys :f)

P.S. Most of the viking actually was'nt that bad *devil* Only when they whent beserk :P