Kimguroo

What do you do with leftover battle packs?

Battle packs are the best way to build your army but beside the minifigures, I don't want to build multiple of same things.

one is good enough. Especially when I buy more than three sets of same battle packs, I prefer to make something. 

There is limited bricks for battle packs so very hard to create something good though unless someone already has extra bricks.

Used four packs and probably 24 stormtroopers can be fit.

js23bt.jpg

2aiqwaq.jpg

i am wondering what people usually do with battle packs leftover bricks?

Edited by Kimguroo

I usually build them and put them in a storage box; some people sell the stuff or use the parts for MOCs....

I want to buy multiples of battle packs, but economically I can't afford that yet; so I have yet to have the issue of having more than one copy of any battlepack.

I have reached the point where I just immediately part out all of the battlepacks. I've had some vehicle/side-builds/wahtever sitting collecting dust for years and I realised that it's much better to use the parts for my own building.

Some battle packs I build the set again for a second vehicle but otherwise I use the bricks and make something out of them.

I usually build the first pack, then immediately part them out. The stormtrooper battlepack was a great example - all those Bley slope bricks were really useful!

Yeah, I also part them out, which seems to be the common practice. Usually half of the battlepack's parts are actually usefull. I'm beginning to hate those stud shooters though, I have a bazillion of them but no idea what to do with them... Also I'm getting short on normal blasters :hmpf_bad:

I mostly display them or play with them.
I have over 60 battlepacks so I can have massive battles and those walkers, canons and speeders are very useful.

Yeah, depends on the set. I liked the Geonosis walker, so I built all those. The ITT / Stormie pack had a load of really useful pieces, so I MOC'd a bigger transport and used the rest of the parts for stuff. Built a couple of FO turrets, a couple of Resistance speeders and a couple of Kashyyyk speeders, but mostly parted the rest out.

Three of my last stormtrooper packs got turned into a full sized stormtrooper transport.

transport1.jpg

transport2.jpg

transport3.jpg

Though it's only sparsely manned at the moment, there is space for the full compliment of 12 stormtroopers (6 inside, 6 out) and if you don't care about shooting you can also put cargo on the roof :)

The model itself would be better if I'd elected to use bits from my collection but I wanted to see if one of these could be built using only what came with the stormtrooper transport battle packs.  Not bad though considering.  working side/rear hatches, rotating turret, exterior crew racks, destroyable port wall, two compartments (there's a passage connecting the front and rear)

Edited by woodat

Well I just purchased my first battle pack -the new imperial troopers.

What I immediately did was I beefed up the mini walker from the spare parts and some that I had lying around. What you all posted already are great alternatives if I get some more though, the troop transports look great.

The only thing i have left over from battle packs are those terrible stud shooters. One day i will bag them all and send them back to Denmark...

I like most minibuilds and keep them or ajust them to be cooler.