Good day!

After watching truck trial videos on YouTube I decided to make my own . The digital version was finished one month ago , but I had to buy 8 55976 tires to build it IRL. It was completely designed in LDD , I was afraid to have some weak points , but it resulted being one of my best designs ever done . There have been very small changes - different colors of some parts & improvements on the rear cabin support & front suspension supports. download LDD file Bricksafe

800x533.jpg

800x346.jpg

800x529.jpg

800x533.jpg

The truck can be powered with any studded battery box. 

800x533.jpg

The drive is done by worm gears and 8t gears. Thanks to that , even using 1x m-motor for drive it is quite powerful.

800x533.jpg

800x346.jpg

The steering is done by another m-motor geared down 1:2. The front axles have different steering angle.

The weak point is the chain drive which sometimes skips, acting like a clutch gear. The IR receiver is completely hidden inside.

The rear suspension is pendular, and both rear axles are linked and supported by 9l links ( idea from ZBLJ's trial truck) The front axles are linked to the chassis and between them by 6l links , and linked to the body & between them by 9l links.

800x533.jpg

02.JPG

I haven't came up with a good enough interior, but there's enough space for it.

LDD file

Thanks for reading, I will make a video soon :classic:

Edited by LXF

Looks really cool but the cab sticks out a little to much, I have tried to build an 8x8 but always end up failing the steering.

Edited by JJ2

What an awesome little 8x8 I love the eight wheel drive idea,  very simple,  compact and great tourque :) 

Edited by DugaldIC

3 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Looks really cool but the cab sticks out a little to much, I have tried to build an 8x8 but always end up failing the steering.

The steering sometimes has troubles because there are diffs at all :sceptic:

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

What an awesome little 8x8 I love the eight wheel drive idea,  very simple,  compact and great tourque :) 

Thanks!

Nice truck LXF, it seems very capable and built with a very clever use of parts to make it so compact, i really like it.

Available at Rebrickable

17 hours ago, ImanolBB said:

Nice truck LXF, it seems very capable and built with a very clever use of parts to make it so compact, i really like it.

Thanks!

Wow. Amazing Performance and nice look! Awesome. I could never build a trial truck in such a small scale