Sign in to follow this  
Sheldon L

Can someone help me to make a building instruction?? 42054

I have a .lxf file, but I do not know how to create the building instrucation. I tired to use LDD Building Guide Mode, but I can not follow the step. Because the step is not logical. It is very hard to follow.

Can someone help me to make a building instruction??

http://bricksafe.com/pages/SheldonL

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Sheldon L

You can use Philo's MLCad file, it may already have steps in it (I haven't opened it, I'm on a mobile device).  http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/48285-key-topic-official-lego-sets-made-in-ldraw/&do=findComment&comment=2648308

LDD has its applications but making instructions is not one of them. You need to get familiar with LDCad and/or MLCad to make proper instructions. Follow the steps in this guide: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/83642-guide-creating-building-instructions-using-lpub/

10 hours ago, efferman said:

Buster, this is my one receiver rc mod and not the standard xerion.

Yes, indeed.  Sorry for the confusion - I misunderstood the request.  I was under the impression that Sheldon wanted to create instructions from scratch, I'm guessing he just wants help with building your mod.

2 hours ago, efferman said:

yeah, i gave him a hint on doktor brick, but it seems this was not enough

13 hours ago, efferman said:

Buster, this is my one receiver rc mod and not the standard xerion.

Yes... thank you so much for your mod.... I have read your message on doktor brick. I tried to make parts invisible and make my own instruction. But... It is really hard for me .. I tried search some teaching video "how to make an instruction by .lxf with LDD on youtube, but I still can not make my own instruction with your xerion mod... 

So, I come here and ask some help...

I am very sorry... Please forgive me.

I like you mod very much and I really want to build your xerion mod.

I got ready for all parts which efferman's mod need.

1920x1440.jpg

But, I stopped here... Can not follow the instruction which made by LDD itself.

1920x1440.jpg

I have all ready made 42043 rc mod by myself. It's great.

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

Can't you simply continue by examining the whole 3D model? For instance like this: In LDD make a copy of the whole model and put it next to the original model. Remove parts from the copied model until it resembles your current state. Be sure to remove parts in a way that could be performed in real life too. Sometimes you remove a few parts at once, because they can only be properly removed together and sometimes you remove one part at a time. Imagine this to be the same as carefully dismantling a real life finsished build. When this is done you can undo (Ctrl-Z) all removals step by step and perform the same steps in your build. Sometimes you may need to redo (Ctrl-Shift-Z) and re-undo an individual removal a few times to make sure you got it right. Continue this untill the copied model - and your real life build - resembles the original 3D model.

This is how I work with my own 3D designs when I build them from scratch.

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Can't you simply continue by examining the whole 3D model? For instance like this: In LDD make a copy of the whole model and put it next to the original model. Remove parts from the copied model until it resembles your current state. Be sure to remove parts in a way that could be performed in real life too. Sometimes you remove a few parts at once, because they can only be properly removed together and sometimes you remove one part at a time. Imagine this to be the same as carefully dismantling a real life finsished build. When this is done you can undo (Ctrl-Z) all removals step by step and perform the same steps in your build. Sometimes you may need to redo (Ctrl-Shift-Z) and re-undo an individual removal a few times to make sure you got it right. Continue this untill the copied model - and your real life build - resembles the original 3D model.

This is how I work with my own 3D designs when I build them from scratch.

Ok.. Thank you so much!

I will try make it by myself.

I downloaded the "xerion rc-5.lxf".. Is this a one servo steering moc? 
Does it have all the steering functions? 

I tried to find a RC version of the xerion but all use two servos. I just want one motor(servo) for turning and one for drive.
Is this a working moc? 

EDIT:
Found @efferman's video and downloaded that.. It looks identical on a quick glance. Waiting for the build guide mode to load....  

Edited by Mechbuilds

If you still want to have a BI write me, i can make you one with stud.io 

I would recommend Stud.io too. You can import LXF file there and switch to instruction maker. When I make my instructions I choose few bricks that can be removed and click on button "step after". They are moved to next step and disappear in model. You can continue untill you have last brick. Then just save it and move to next step till you finish your build.

It took me hours to make the chassis and gearboxes due to the illogical build order of the LDD.. It was a massive headache and some parts needed to be bent agressively to fit the backtracking of the LDD's stupid order.. 
But i managed to make it.. Now i'm only waiting for wheels + tires and some body pieces.. 

Proper logical order instructions would have helped a lot. Wouldn't have hurt to check the actual TLC's instructions too.. :look:

@Tomik that is the simple way to a BI, you can do so also with LDD ( making Screenshots )

By now i've made 4 BI's with stud.io but i do it a little "better" first i make some submodells, then

i create step's and at last editing the pages.

Only thing to miss is the kable from Motors.