Sign in to follow this  
helvet

Base intelli train repair

Hello

First, sorry if I post in a wrong section.

I bought a big set a duplo intelli train. And in this set, it was a duplo train base 4*8 with battery compartment (ref2092c01).
I changed the batteries but nothing append.
So first question. Does it need a tag, a train, or someting to swith on ? When i put the passenger car body (42397) nothing switch on.

And second question, is it somewhere a reparation guide or some topics about this part ?

I have two train engin. but one is really weak. I think I have to replace the gear inside. But when I openned it, i had some difficulties to place correctly the 2 metal spring.

Thanks for your help.

Intelli train requires a driver to be sat in the cab for the engine to work.  The 2 drivers make the train respond in different ways.  

For example one of the drivers stalls the train engine when he is sat in the cab and you push the green button.  The other driver starts the train first time.  One of the drivers makes the train run faster than the other driver.  

Hope this gives you some ideas on how it works.

Thanks for your both answer. 

I already see the pdf for the repair of the engine. But i don't see any damage on the one I have so I don't know if the replacement of the part will help.

For the cab, even without driver my two cab start. But yes the sound and behaviors are different with the drivers.

I'll go through the Duplo train discussion and see if I can found informations regarding the base with 2 batteries AAA (not the cab). 

Thanks again.