Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

[ESL - Ch IV - B] The Great Sacrifice

There was no hope of escape.

The pirateships swarming around the Eslandian Treasure Fleet, like vultures around a wounded beast, were too many.

It was then that the Eslandolan Admiral, Lord Alric, decided to bring the offer: the heavily-armed but greatly outnumbered Ships of the Line would stay and fight to give the gold-carriers a future.

While their protégés fled the battlefield, the Eslandian captains charged into the swarm of hungry reapers.

----------------------

29925146392_3fec90bf56_b.jpg

The battle had been going on for hours. One by one, the green ships had perished into a sea of flames and blood. Their's was the only one standing.

29744455910_426a4c4727_b.jpg

Their hull was pierced in several places and they had only one mast remaining.

29925146642_8131fe9896_b.jpg

The boarders had driven a wig between the hold and the place on deck where a few of the soldiers made a desperate stand.

29744456170_ed4c9b6dc5_b.jpg

29925147312_193bdaf614_b.jpg

While a few of the pirates kept these soldiers busy, the rest of them (and that was a lot of men!) descended to the gundecks, where Alric and a few Eslandian had barricaded themselves in the powder-magazine.

29925146982_ceae480248_b.jpg

When the flood of hostile human flesh came their direction, a strange silence fell over the deck. "Well, this is it. It has been a pleasure, mylords." Alric said. Before the men could answer, the enemy was upon them.

-------------------

The battle was lost. It had been lost from the start. 

The captain, unable to stand, turned his wheel one last time.

29925147582_a5c925aee9_b.jpg

Admiral Alric, the stumps of where once had been his legs red-hot in agony, throwed the match into the barrels filled with gunpowder

-----------------

CC very welcome, special thanks to Maxim who's bricks I used to build this!

Edited by TitusV

Excellent dynamic of the fight and minifig posing is seriously great!!! You captured the mayhem of the fight really well. Although i would prefer some less blurry photos :pir-tongue:

On 10/1/2016 at 7:07 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent dynamic of the fight and minifig posing is seriously great!!! You captured the mayhem of the fight really well. Although i would prefer some less blurry photos :pir-tongue:

i would have liked that as well, but the pictures were taken with my phone since I was at Maxim's.

Unfortunately the first picture is a bit too blurry, but aside from that I don't have anything to criticize! A fantastic scene with great action, the destruction of the ship is being displayed perfectly.

The approach is really cool in itself, MOCing just a part of the ship without hull, I like this idea. Great work.

I love the cutaway of the ship to show the action. Good concept, well executed! And a fitting tribute to those glorious Eslandolan sailors who gave their all.