Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

AoM: Archery, Phase II: Spring Practice

Here's my build for the second Archery phase. I continued experimenting with cross braces, and took inspiration for the tower’s gables from Brickvader.

As the spring weather causes the snow to thaw, archery drills continue at the range.

Overview-4.jpg

Low-3.jpg

BC-3.jpg

Plat.jpg

You can see more pictures here.

C&C welcome :classic:

Very nice, a great evolution from phase I, saw this on Brickbuilt earlier :wink: The braces on the tower work well, and so do the two shades of brown, gives a nice realistic look. Another amazing build!

The crossbeams here turned out really well SK, and I love the melting snow effect too - looks very realistic!  How did you manage to pull off the small crossbeams on the platform?  Are those just poles going from headlight to headlight?

3 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Very nice, a great evolution from phase I, saw this on Brickbuilt earlier :wink: The braces on the tower work well, and so do the two shades of brown, gives a nice realistic look. Another amazing build!

Thanks! Yup, all my builds go on my website first :classic:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

The crossbeams here turned out really well SK, and I love the melting snow effect too - looks very realistic!  How did you manage to pull off the small crossbeams on the platform?  Are those just poles going from headlight to headlight?

Thanks Kai! As you thought, those are just 3L bars put into the back, then front of headlight bricks. A bit tricky to assemble sometimes, but quite stable once in place. The 2 stud width, 1 brick height difference seems to work best.

Excellent continuation of your archery range! The melting snow effect is wonderful, and I'm impressed by how well you got those large crossbeams to fit in the lookout tower :thumbup:

The upside-down plates work nicely for the roof here too :classic:

I like the changing seasons, and as said before I'm a huge fan of the cross-bars

Lovely build! The crossbeams are excellent and I love the tower. And I am very glad that the additional practice has allowed your archers to finally hit something!

Lovely continuation of your Phase I, with seasonal change [which made you evolve into a melting-Snowman! :pir-oh: ].

As the others said, both timbered structures looks great!

They might even come in handy in my next build.. 

:grin: 

Oh and Henjin has a point: practice makes the master! ^^

On 9/30/2016 at 8:19 PM, LittleJohn said:

Excellent continuation of your archery range! The melting snow effect is wonderful, and I'm impressed by how well you got those large crossbeams to fit in the lookout tower :thumbup:

The upside-down plates work nicely for the roof here too :classic:

Thanks LJ, glad you noticed the upside down plate roof :classic:

On 10/1/2016 at 1:50 PM, TitusV said:

I like the changing seasons, and as said before I'm a huge fan of the cross-bars

Thanks Titus :classic:

On 10/1/2016 at 2:42 PM, Graham Gidman said:

This is so awesome! I love the slanted beams on the tower and platform. :wink:

Thanks Graham!

22 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Lovely build! The crossbeams are excellent and I love the tower. And I am very glad that the additional practice has allowed your archers to finally hit something!

Thank you, and yes they're getting much better! Now to make things trickier for them with phase 3 :pir-laugh:

4 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Lovely continuation of your Phase I, with seasonal change [which made you evolve into a melting-Snowman! :pir-oh: ].

As the others said, both timbered structures looks great!

Reveal hidden contents

They might even come in handy in my next build.. 

:grin: 

Oh and Henjin has a point: practice makes the master! ^^

The beams are just splendid on the platform and the tower. The ground is also really well done, with the snow, and the snow melting. I like to use of antennae as arrows. 

On 10/2/2016 at 5:25 PM, LordDan said:

Sweet archery range and tower SK! I especially like the small crossbeams under the walkway! 

Thanks LordDan :classic:

4 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

The beams are just splendid on the platform and the tower. The ground is also really well done, with the snow, and the snow melting. I like to use of antennae as arrows. 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Blufiji said:

Summer practice coming? I like the addition of the tower and the expansion of the range.

You guessed it! It's almost done, hopefully I'll have time to finish it and take pictures this weekend :classic: