Cecilie

[MOC] Teemto Pagalies' Podracer

This was my entry to the last round of the Imperium der Steine MOC Olympics. We were tasked with building a UCS-scale vehicle from Star Wars, and we had to choose one that would oppose our opponent's choice. I faced off against Patrick, and we chose to build podracers. Here is mine :sweet:

29287492841_a64fbea367_c.jpg
Teemto Pagalies' Podracer by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

29287493081_65c9314815_c.jpg

28745103673_d6c3426c82_c.jpg

Great MOC and beatiful representation! Those engines are faultless and the pod itself looks marvelous too. Good luck with the contest :classic:

That is beautiful!

Questions:

How long did it take to design/build?

Did you use LDD?

How many bricks?

Cheers

This really is a great MOC.   One suggestion however, and this is based on my own experience, is to perhaps throw some studs into the mix of the outer appearance.  I know usually all tiles looks good, but sometimes

it can makes things too bulky, almost pixelated.  Last year MODed the UCS Tumbler. Among other things, I added all tiles to the outer studs.  Although generally the feedback was positive, I think in hindsight it looked a little too bulky.  Your MOC gives perhaps the same feeling.  Wonder what it might looks like mixing in a few studs to the outside. 

UCS Tumbler Unlimited

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments :sweet:

On 02/10/2016 at 8:03 PM, LegoMedGuy said:

This is beautifully made! I would like to see some more of the podracers become official sets. 

For sure!

On 03/10/2016 at 3:32 PM, mortesv said:

That is beautiful!

Questions:

How long did it take to design/build?

Did you use LDD?

How many bricks?

Cheers

I had a little over 2 weeks to build it. I don't use LDD, and I have no idea how many bricks, as I don't count them while I build :wink:

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

This really is a great MOC.   One suggestion however, and this is based on my own experience, is to perhaps throw some studs into the mix of the outer appearance.  I know usually all tiles looks good, but sometimes

it can makes things too bulky, almost pixelated.  Last year MODed the UCS Tumbler. Among other things, I added all tiles to the outer studs.  Although generally the feedback was positive, I think in hindsight it looked a little too bulky.  Your MOC gives perhaps the same feeling.  Wonder what it might looks like mixing in a few studs to the outside.

Thank you for the suggestion, however, for the cockpit I needed the tiles to cover up gaps, as the wedge plates I used underneath don't cover it all up. I know it gives it a bit of a weird, maybe bulky look, but I found no other way to solve the gap issue within the time frame of the contest. As for the engines they are all SNOTed bricks, so I'm assuming you're talking about the cockpit.