Roebuck

Guess the next animal mould round 2

The original post had a lot of fun and interesting guesses, some even got it right as well!

The first one to guess penguin as the next animal mould and winner of round 1 was Itaria No Shintaku :classic:

So let's see what round 2 will bring!

Guess what animal will be the next to have the honour of becoming a Lego mould :monkey:

You may also give a second guess on what existing animal mould will be the next to get a new colour and in which colour..

The rules:

-Only minifig scale animals count, not mini-dolls, Duplo etc..

-Only "normal" animals take part, e.g the latest robot shark in agents, dragons or teddy bears doesn't count.

-It doesn't matter which Lego series that release the mould as long as it is in minifig scale.

-If Lego make a improved mould of a old animal that will only count in the second guessing category, e.g. the new horse in 2012.

Let the game begin :wink:

1. My guess is that the next animal mould will be a pigeon (in the next modular set :grin:)!

2. And that the pig will get some new spots :tongue:

I will guess sheep. We are overdue for a shepherd/shepherdess in the CMF line.

Next recolored animal - the terrier in a brown/black color to accompany a certain young Kansas girl on her trip down a golden-hued stone road.

Series 13, Series 15 and Series 16 had (at least) a new animal mould. So, it's safe to assume there will be a new animal in the CMF S17

Something that could be reused in the Superheroes line.... maybe a hyena?

Nah..... it doesn't seem likely.

I'm guessing either a squirrel or a raccoon

Next recolored animal: Maybe the new cat in a new color. White, perhaps?

A new animal - A Rabbit. We don't have a minifgure rabbit yet, do we? I know of the Friends and Bellville and stuff, but do we have a minifigure Rabbit?

A new color - The Unikitty Tail in a new color. That counts.

On 30.9.2016 at 3:46 PM, DarrellBricker said:

I will guess sheep. We are overdue for a shepherd/shepherdess in the CMF line.

Next recolored animal - the terrier in a brown/black color to accompany a certain young Kansas girl on her trip down a golden-hued stone road.

I completely agree about the sheep!

The thought of Toto had not occurred to me, but seem possible :classic:

On 30.9.2016 at 7:11 PM, Robert8 said:

Series 13, Series 15 and Series 16 had (at least) a new animal mould. So, it's safe to assume there will be a new animal in the CMF S17

Something that could be reused in the Superheroes line.... maybe a hyena?

Nah..... it doesn't seem likely.

I'm guessing either a squirrel or a raccoon

Next recolored animal: Maybe the new cat in a new color. White, perhaps?

When it comes to animal moulds the least likely are usually the most likely :wink:

The white cat is a good bet! I had that guess in the first round and almost made it again, but instead I guessed something more unlikely :grin:

On 30.9.2016 at 7:49 PM, Actor Builder said:

A new color - The Unikitty Tail in a new color. That counts.

Haha, a good one :tongue:

I'm going to guess that the next new animal will be a tiger. [not very likely but you never know]

a new recolour - the goat in grey. The goat was only released in 1 set it needs to appear again. :D

Edited by dyntar
changed my mind

On 10/2/2016 at 7:54 AM, dyntar said:

I'm going to guess that the next new animal will be a tiger. [not very likely but you never know]

a new recolour - the goat in grey. The goat was only released in 1 set it needs to appear again. :D

A goat could certainly appear with the shepherd/shepherdess rather than a sheep, so that's a possibility.

Edited by DarrellBricker
error

Have we all already lost the next print category?

It's the Penguin mold again but with Red Eyes from the LEGO Batman Movie sets.

10 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Have we all already lost the next print category?

It's the Penguin mold again but with Red Eyes from the LEGO Batman Movie sets.

Maybe, maybe not :wink:

I will have to see a better picture..

If it looks something like this:
gorfou-moseley-op1.jpg

It is OK, but if it looks like a robot then definitely not :sick:

But there maybe another animal in the set with a new colour, the snake?

8 hours ago, The lego fan said:

I guess a cow since this would fit in with previous animals

We already got cows in brown and black/white :wink:

You mean in a different colour or where you pleasantly surprised it already exist?   

Thanks for the info, Roebuck. I didn't realise lego had already made cows and will check this out ASAP. My second guess would be a goat or a sheep.

Edited by The lego fan

41 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

Thanks for the info, Roebuck. I didn't realise lego had already made cows and will check this out ASAP. My second guess would be a goat or a sheep.

Glad to be of help :classic:

This is your lucky day since we also have Lego goats :tongue: They have only been in one very good set; 7189 mill village raid so they are expensive on the used marked. Cows are also rather expensive, but brown ones are currently for sale in a set 60052 so you could probably get a small herd from Lego`s bricks and pieces without spending all your savings :wink:

Sheep on the other hand have been long overdue, but we still have`t gotten any :wacko:

10 hours ago, Venunder said:

My guess for a new animal mould is Bambi for the Disney CMF 2.

Sorry, Bambi do not count! Unless it looks like a real white-tailed deer which the Disney character are based upon or even better a roe deer from the original books by Felix Salten :wink:

Try a new guess :classic:

We will get the old parrot in a new colour (blue/yellow) in the Assembly square, but unfortunately no new pigeon mould that I was hoping for :sadnew:

Edit: I saw the review over at brothersbrick and it turns out that the parrot is a new mould, a remake of the old one with bigger bill, more round head etc.

That must be the first animal mould they have made in years that have hole for eyes *huh*

Edited by Roebuck
New info

I think about a sheep (with a shepherd in CMF) or a goat with new color (with female farmer in CMF), I would like a squirrel or a vulture. Since my childhood, I wonder myself why LEGO doesn't make a zoo or a real farm (when I was a little boy, I had a Playmobil farm with a lot a animals including pigeons and dovecote).

Now I think "Animals" could be a real theme, including several sets for Zoo, and several sets for Farm, and I still think it would be a success.

New mold: something completely different - a pelican. My second guess would be a duck (pretty iconic for TLG, but we still don't have a mold).

As for the recolor, I think we'll get a slightly different goat - they must be aware of the demand.

A reissue I also expect to happen at some point is a camel (but I don't think they'll recolor them).

On 10/7/2016 at 1:56 PM, Roebuck said:

Cows are also rather expensive, but brown ones are currently for sale in a set 60052 so you could probably get a small herd from Lego`s bricks and pieces without spending all your savings :wink:

They are not currently available to purchase through Bricks & Pieces.

I'll guess a turkey as a new mold.  We have cooked turkey, but not live turkey.

I'll guess the goat for a new print.  This is mostly a wishlist item, because I'd love to get the goat, but I also think demand is there and it would be a great companion for a CMF.

I also wish LEGO would go back to printing parrots instead of just dual molding them.

This parrot:

6141476392_7ce846830d.jpg

Looks so much better than this parrot:

s-l300.jpg

Hmmm... I'm gonna guess some sort of lizard/gecko/chameleon, like I did last round. :)

Not guesses, but I'd also love to see a duck, sheep, or turkey. Larger animals just don't seem as likely since they can't be put in CMF blind bags, which is where we are seeing new animals in recent years...

On 10/19/2016 at 0:47 PM, notpennysboat said:

Since my childhood, I wonder myself why LEGO doesn't make a zoo or a real farm (when I was a little boy, I had a Playmobil farm with a lot a animals including pigeons and dovecote).

Now I think "Animals" could be a real theme, including several sets for Zoo, and several sets for Farm, and I still think it would be a success.

I would buy 10 of everything and be happy. Broke but happy.

1. I am guessing a sheep for a new animal.

2. I will guess a reboot of the goat.

I know it is improbable to see both but I would love to have one or the other.  

I like the guesses/suggestions already; pelican, turkey, goat and sheep would all be really cool. 

Shot in the dark guesses (wishes):

1: Koala

2: Kangaroo/Wallaby

American wishing for Australian wildlife. 

On 20.10.2016 at 10:37 PM, x105Black said:

They are not currently available to purchase through Bricks & Pieces.

I also wish LEGO would go back to printing parrots instead of just dual molding them.

This parrot:

6141476392_7ce846830d.jpg

Looks so much better than this parrot:

s-l300.jpg

When they did not have the cow last year, I made a phone-call to bricks and pieces and they let me buy them :wink:

I agree that the printed parrot looks better and is ancient, with a modern print it will look even better :thumbup:

An update in the animal mould world :wink:

The penguins in batman unfortunately have crazy red eyes and are out of the picture.

There is a new (?) snake piece in the 2017 ninjago sets, but since it is only half a snake it do not count.

The crab comes in silver in batman CMF and the chicken in gold in The Joker Notorious Lowrider, but only useful for "decorations" due to the colours.

The most exciting news are the lobster piece in batman CMF! Not a very big surprise to everyone who have seen the batman movie trailer, but a welcome one :thumbup: One could argue that the lobster is somewhat similar to the turkey piece, since they both are "cooked and ready to eat", but unlike the turkey the lobster only needs another colour to become alive :grin:

Hopefully it will come in different colours soon :wub: