Roebuck

Guess the next animal mould round 2

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

More or less spot on from what I could make out of the pictures, have you had a peek also :wink:
But I think is is more likely that it is a jaguar and a black panther from the Amazonian rainforest :wub:

No I have not seen it, but it just makes sense, it could easily be a mountain lion as well for future sets with just a recolor.

On 8.1.2017 at 11:44 PM, williejm said:

This is great news, as a clever use of colour options. In theory of course a black version of a leopard or jaguar could be referred to as a  'panther'. I'm certainly hoping its generic enough to be either a jaguar or a leopard - as I'm sure that's not a big deal for most people.

If we end up with jaguars that would be great, the black version is most likely no problem to use as a black leopard and the normal one probably will work fine as a leopard as well :thumbup: If we end up with a tiger that is also fine, the main point is that we get a big cat mould finally :wub: I guess it is a better chance we get tigers and lions in other sets in the future then a jaguar/leopard version of the mould.. Will be interesting to see if there is a small hole or something similar around the head to attach a male lion`s mane :classic: 

On 9.1.2017 at 2:56 AM, RichiPuppy said:

No I have not seen it, but it just makes sense, it could easily be a mountain lion as well for future sets with just a recolor.

I very good guess then :thumbup: Yes hopefully we will get several species in the years to come :grin:

There are rumours that we will get a dolphin and the lobster in a "alive colour" as well this summer, so seems like a excellent year for animal moulds :wub:

Will be interesting to see if there is a small hole or something similar around the head to attach a male lion`s mane :classic: 

Or perhaps a nice bow? ?

There are rumours that we will get a dolphin and the lobster in a "alive colour" as well this summer, so seems like a excellent year for animal moulds :wub:

Indeed 

though after a bit of research I'm happy to report that there are lots of red coloured (when alive) lobster species out there too

7 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'm gonna guess a duck, real or rubber. That would be great. I like ducks.

A good call - a well designed duck mould could be a 'real' one or a rubber one in another colour 

Such a nice thread!

I've just checked the pic of the Fun at the Beach set. Is the dolphin mould the Friends one?

I wish there would be more insects such as a bee, a butterfly, a moth or a dung beetle like in the videogames.

1 hour ago, Litos said:

Such a nice thread!

I've just checked the pic of the Fun at the Beach set. Is the dolphin mould the Friends one?

I wish there would be more insects such as a bee, a butterfly, a moth or a dung beetle like in the videogames.

Hi and welcome :shark:

It could be the friends dolphin mould yes.. But it is only a preliminary picture, they often put in similar pieces in those pictures e.g. minifigs are usually different from the final set. The pieces are most likely not finished when they take the pictures..

It has never happen that they have used a minidoll animal in a minifig set and I guess they will not start now :wink: They have always made a new more realistic mould when they make a minifig animal even if the animal already existed in the minidoll world :thumbup:

So the lobster in the set will most likely change colour, the dog will change colour and maybe breed, the dolphin "will be a minifig one" and the parrot might change colour and even species 

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hi and welcome :shark:

It could be the friends dolphin mould yes.. But it is only a preliminary picture, they often put in similar pieces in those pictures e.g. minifigs are usually different from the final set. The pieces are most likely not finished when they take the pictures..

It has never happen that they have used a minidoll animal in a minifig set and I guess they will not start now :wink: They have always made a new more realistic mould when they make a minifig animal even if the animal already existed in the minidoll world :thumbup:

So the lobster in the set will most likely change colour, the dog will change colour and maybe breed, the dolphin "will be a minifig one" and the parrot might change colour and even species 

Thank you!

So we have to wait and see. I hope they don't begin using minidoll animals now :laugh:.

Unfortunately, it is commonly believed that all lobsters are red.

9 minutes ago, Litos said:

Unfortunately, it is commonly believed that all lobsters are red.

Many tropical species are!

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes please X 4

I've often wondered why that standard dog mould didn't get few more obvious colour / print options: black with tan for a Doberman or white with black patches for a border collie for example 

On 22/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, williejm said:

Many tropical species are!

Yes please X 4

I've often wondered why that standard dog mould didn't get few more obvious colour / print options: black with tan for a Doberman or white with black patches for a border collie for example 

You're right :wink:

I would rather have different moulds for different dog breeds, but as you said, the standard one should be used with more colour options.

I've just read there may be a gorilla in one of the Jungle sets *huh*

We've got big cats in the jungle sets! I see a black one in the sets, and there is a large spotted one (brick built) in front of the display!

Edited by Umbra-Manis

There's a spotted one that appears to be the same mold as the black panther. 

Not an animal but we have a Venus Flytrap mouthpiece mold now. 

Edited by Forresto

There is a new spider mold

And it comes in the smallest set.

The black panther/jaguar mold is perfect :wub:

I love both of them :wub_drool:

I thought the spider was a recolored version of the ant in Indiana Jones sets but if it's a new spider it's great ! Even if I'm in medieval fantasy theme including pirates Indians etc...I'm interested by these new sets because I have a forest jungle in my story with lost temple and this is perfect for me :)

On 31/1/2017 at 6:07 PM, Robert8 said:

There is a new spider mold

And it comes in the smallest set.

I haven't paid attention to the spiders. I think I need bigger pics to see them properly.

The big cats moulds are great, but the dolphin one in Fun at the Beach looks odd.

9 hours ago, Litos said:

I haven't paid attention to the spiders. I think I need bigger pics to see them properly.

The big cats moulds are great, but the dolphin one in Fun at the Beach looks odd.

32652313465_09b0fc5e0d_c.jpg

They look exactly like the brick built version. 

Edited by Forresto

On 2/2/2017 at 5:56 PM, Forresto said:

They look exactly like the brick built version. 

Nice! Thank you!

This spider mould looks more dangerous than the previous one :grin:

It's hard to make out but do we assume the panther figure has two points of articulation (head and hind legs) like the bear?

On 4.2.2017 at 0:27 PM, williejm said:

It's hard to make out but do we assume the panther figure has two points of articulation (head and hind legs) like the bear?

Yes, as we could expect from a animal mould of this size :thumbup:

If you compare the pictures of the two colour variations they have different angels on both the hind legs and the head :grin:

A little fun fact is that they changed the colour of the two cats in the sets from the preliminary photos, the black was in the biggest set and vice versa *huh*

Since there is a set number missing 60162 it probably means we will get an "exclusive" set as well, I guess/hope it will be a big one like in Arctic that include a jaguar (probably the spotted one) :wink:

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, jonwil said:

The spider has to be a new mold since spiders have 8 legs and the ant only has 6.

For sure, I thought it was a recolored version of the ant before to know it was a spider. I thought it was a red ant :)

On February 4, 2017 at 6:27 AM, williejm said:

If you look at the picture with big brick built version of the mold, it would appear the hind legs are articulated as well as the head. 

Series 17 has been revealed and it includes two new animal moulds: a rabbit and a French Bulldog :wub:

Yes, the last few CMF normal series has proven to be the safest way to get new animal moulds! It is a excellent trend that I hope they will continue :wub:

The new moulds look great and maybe the rabbit is usable as a hare in winter coat as well :grin: Then I expect it to pop up in future sets, maybe winter village or in brown/gray in other sets...