Sign in to follow this  
dathil

Falconstone Council (Prequel for minichallenge)

I had a stroke of bad luck with my camera: the cable for uploading the pictures has disappeared, and the new one I ordered did not arrive yet, and won't arrive before the deadline of the challenge. Meanwhile the main camera of my phone is also broken, so these pictures are made, yes really, with my front camera :P

29897446992_6436a5608f_b.jpgCcl_Cl

"Gentlemen!", said the Warden of Falconstone.

"We are here together because sir uh..i-forgot-his-name has requested our help."

29384456783_d8654b47c6_b.jpgCcl_Op

"Spyrus it is. Lord Spyrus!", replied the pale man in black clothes, from the other side of the table.

"Never mind. He requests our aid to assist his master claiming his rightful title. Therefore he asks us to send a war party across the Rakath mountains, to meet up with a force of his own men."

*the Warden points at the Map"

"Here are our forces. There is a compagny of Lord Davok's men, those darned Bulls. And there is a regiment of our guild's main army."

One of the Councillors, Sir Thornn responded. "Milord, I do see a resistance flag, don't I?"

Sir Yuhda, the man right across the Warden, responded. "No, this force has been taken care of. They had been raiding our lands so we took them out."

Spyrus: "Can you prove this? This is new information to my master."

Sir Yvern, the Stag, sitting on the other side of Yuhda, sighed. "As far as I know, the Bulls had still sighted some of those orckind beings in our mountains the other day"

Yuhda: "Oh, you and that Bull-sympathizing of yours... Since when do we believe the word of Bulls?"

The Councillor that did not speak yet, now came to Yuhda's aid. "I would trust the word of Yuhda over that of a Bull, anytime. However, I don't think we should go, we would weaken ourselves too much."

The Warden put another flag on the table. "A small warband would be good enough. Not everyone has to go. Yet I want someone I trust to go with them. Yuhda?

Yuhda: "No, milord. I have other business to be done... yet how about you ask our doe to bring some of his Bull friends?"

"Don't call me like that!", Yvern replied angrily. "Yet I can indeed ask Davok to join us, with a group of his men."

"Allright then. Thornn, you will represent the Falconstone Council on this journey.

29897448052_a85bbf2493_b.jpgCcl_FB

This build was fun! I haven't really done much interior building before. I am pretty happy with the result: I had other plans for the chairs, but I noticed I didnt have ample parts for it, yet this technique turned out well enough, for me. I'm just not happy about the banner connections to the pole, this is mainly because most of my LEGO is in a large cardboard moving box, so finding those spare parts was a huge pain, and I already had to hurry a bit :( I have been quite ill most of the week, so when I was back on my feet again the deadline came a lot closer. Tomorrow I am leaving to Swiss to perform on stage with my band, so I need to upload it now :P
 The sequal to this, my challenge build, will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning :D

Looks good, nice touch adding the map built into the table, it works really well. :thumbup:

Does your camera have an SD card?  If so, then you could probably just connect it to the SD card slot on your computer, (most computers have them).

The log brick border works well here :thumbup: Nice to see the Mitgardian banners included, and those chairs look pretty comfortable too :classic:

A shame about the camera, but doesn't spoil the build, the map as part of the table looks really nice, and the different coloured piece to represent the guilds are cool. A really nice little build :classic:

Great interior scene, dathil! The map on the table is excellent, I especially like the cheese slopes for the mountainous areas :thumbup:

The checkered floor was a nice touch too :classic:

Special photograph-technique :wink:

No, very nice build, gotta love that map!