Hello, I have created a better scale tire & rim for trucks and light industry vehicles with a proper rim offset.  The proportions allow for dual tire mounting and single.  Is there any intrest within the community to have something like this produced? (in low volumes)  I would look forward to hearing any insight/ feedback - purists need not respond!  :)  The tire would be a flexible rubber like material, rim would be SLS printed or ABS.1475119870m_SPLASH.jpg14751201913_DISPLAY.jpg14751217981_DISPLAY.jpg14751219981_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by jamesonk83
I fixed image links

Alternate tread patterns would be fairly easy to produce, yes.  I could have 2-3 options ranging from street tires to construction type heavy machinery tires.  

3 hours ago, Boxerlego said:

Pictures are broken for me.

Edit: Yea Brickshelf is down at the moment...

These seems to be hosted on MOC Pages. While website is fine, picture are unavailable, sadly.

Very cool, looks promising! Would not use these soon because I'm in another scale! Would you consider doing something similar for 62.4 wheels? Maybe I'm interested if that would be the case... :-)

Those rims and tires look amazing, great design with good proportions and size, the pattern is okay for road vehicles, these rims and tires would open a lot more of new buildings, they look very good and i think you made an excellent work on them, keep doing good works like this because this is the kind of things that could make many models even better, i am also interested in future projects that you could make, maybe larger wheels? who knows, only time will say it, but would be cool too, nice work James.

I think we have to admit this would make builds much more realistic!!! This is an amazing scale, I already liked it, but I never liked the available wheels... So in a way you opened doors... :thumbup: :classic:

5 hours ago, ImanolBB said:

...i am also interested in future projects that you could make, maybe larger wheels?

Exactly!!! That's what I mentioned too...

@jamesonk83: you didn't answer my question:

6 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

...Would you consider doing something similar for 62.4 wheels? Maybe I'm interested if that would be the case... :-)

In fact the original LEGO wheels are to wide as well... Having cooler rim and tire designs would add lots of possibilities!!! What about this?

3 hours ago, jamesonk83 said:

I have composited the wheels onto a truck of appropriate scale to give an idea of the imporvement the wheels can make!  I have borrowed an image from the woderful Renault Magnum MOC found here (http://www.doublebrick.ru/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19021)  Note, this is not my MOC.14752015811_DISPLAY.jpg14752012831_DISPLAY.jpg

Yes......i'm in love,.......in the wheels ofcourse ;-)

2 hours ago, Richard L aka Scooby said:

Yes......i'm in love,.......in the wheels ofcourse ;-)

Nice of you to share this with us... :thumbup: ...but there is no reason to quote the images as well...it only makes it more confusing to read this topic... 

To answer everyones questions, a rim and tire set for the 62mm wheel scale is equally feasible, however the cost will about double.  It seams like there is great interest in this size, I should have some time next week to mock something up!

With that said, what is a price point bracket you would be willing to pay for the 40mm wheels and 62mm wheels?  Assume a set of 4 (4 tires, 4 rims)

2 hours ago, jamesonk83 said:

...It seams like there is great interest in this size...

...what is a price point bracket you would be willing to pay for the 40mm wheels and 62mm wheels?...

Yes I'm sure there is! :-) It is a wheel already used very much, but could be so much more realistic...

Thats a good questions, the price... :classic: ...I would say somewhere between 7 and 9 Euro each? Still quite expensive, but I do realize that the way they are produced won't be any cheaper unless you would be able to sell over 100K of them... :thumbup:

I think 8-9 Euro each for the 40.5mm (rim and tire set of 1) would be a realistic price for very low quantity production.  I will price them out and see where we go!

Ik would love tot see aan proper front tire and rim for the front wheel from the 8482 tractor. Or better a fitting size to match the new tire and rim from the 42054 Claas tractor

I wanted to share some minor progress on the custom tires.  I have modeled up some off road tire tread, let me know what you think.  I will order a set to be printed this week of the on road tires, so I will update everyone interested once the results come in.14761294081_DISPLAY.jpg

I would be interested in the 62 size of tires. They would look great on all my 1:17 MOC's. Keep us posted on price and maybe availability.

The larger wheel size will become too expensive I am afraid to 3D print.  Probably 15-20 EUR per tire, no rim.  This would need to be cast.   I think the standard 62mm lego tire is pretty good actually, but perhaps a new rim would be valuable?  I will mock one up when I get a moment today.