Anio

Railway station of Limoges, and more...

Hi there !

Here is my latest creation, completed about 1 month ago.

It is the railway station of Limoges, obviously made for the city of Limoges (France).

It is made out of 12,500 elements and required 90 hours of work, trip to Limoges included.

29857190372_1136b920c9_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29936973906_6b00c7c948_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

dsc_7174.jpg

29344302583_df88d4075f_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29857197962_fb6678afba_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29887822371_6e1427a967_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29887821711_6c443082c6_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29677334070_01f2134134_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29887817301_aef867b0eb_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29936968206_e885ec316a_b.jpgRailway Station of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

The design process was very interesting. Plenty of details, and some were tricky to achieve. I had a lot of fun doing the model. All the documents I had about the building (plans, and TONS of photo) were very helpful.

Note that the new Big Ben was quite helpful to design my own tower. :)

Not to mention that I could have nice printed dishes thanks to that set.

And 2 others creations, still for the city of Limoges.

Porcelain, and a basketball of the CSP, the famous basketball club of the city..

2200 elements :

29344289883_9274fb7480_b.jpgBasketball of Limoges CSP by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29857176662_2fcdeff2f0_b.jpgBasketball of Limoges CSP by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

And 800 pieces :

29936965746_6ef50527fd_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29857174792_380fce3ac0_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29857200072_2b0ff9798a_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29677351620_70325d90a0_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29344308063_c093e0243a_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

29971018775_e095ef15d4_b.jpgPorcelain of Limoges by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

More photo on my FlickR albums :

Railway station of Limoges : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/sets/72157673272055611

Basketball of Limoges : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/sets/72157674376748336

Porcelain of Limoges : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/albums/72157671081355904

Hope you enjoyed that presentation. And if you have any question, feel free to ask. :)

Régis

Incredible. The tiny details are remarkable and I am impressed beyond words. Looking at stock photos of it on google, you nailed it. You should be proud. This would show well at a convention.

I really need to figure out a neat building so I can do something in that scale. It does sound challenging and fun.

Also, I love the trains. They look detailed enough at that scale. Now I just need to figure out how to build an actual engine at that scale for my mini Hogwarts Express.

Wow!  Really great work.  I especially like all the roof work details on the station.  The use of the different slopes on the dome is well done... and the overall size is impressive too!

Congratulations on some very nice models.  Nice detail work on the train station. Good job on getting your basketball to look round.  I haven't seen that technique before. And I just love the tea set... Very unique! Any plans for a creamer and pot?  Well done fellow brickster!

Edited by Rotundus

Thank you guys. ;)

And thank you to the EB team for frontpaging the model. :)

12 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

You should be proud.

I am ! :D

Among all the creations I did over the last 12 months, I think this one is my favorite. :)

3 hours ago, Rotundus said:

And I just love the tea set... Very unique! Any plans for a creamer and pot?

Nope. Nothing like that in the pipe at the moment. :)

Wow, kudos to you for your dedication. It's clear that you made this model to the best of your capabilities, hence it looks great!

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to keep this assembled? Seems like it would be hard to find a spot for it. :tongue:

I got back from my first tour of Europe this summer, and everywhere was beautiful; it's a magnificent representation of the architecture.

Thanks !

54 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to keep this assembled? Seems like it would be hard to find a spot for it. :tongue:

It will remain built for a long time.

Indeed, it will be displayed in the showroom of an architect for 1 year, and then, it is supposed to go to the townhall of Limoges.

17 minutes ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Ooh the roundness of the dome puts LEGO's Insult of Hoth Ion Cannon to shame, shame!

It's cool you noticed that. :)

There was some 3D work for it (3DS Max, if I remember correctly).

miss click, delete please.

5 minutes ago, Anio said:

It will remain built for a long time.

Indeed, it will be displayed in the showroom of an architect for 1 year, and then, it is supposed to go to the townhall of Limoges.

That is amazing! Glad to know your MOC is getting such recognition. :sweet: Thanks a lot for sharing and can't wait to see what you do next.

Wow! The train station just blew me away with its very cool design....way to go! I like the classic simplicity of the exterior. It has just the right amount of details. The trains look wonderful inside the station. And what an honor to have it displayed for a year in Limoges. 

The basketball made me laugh being a resident of North Carolina where basketball is KING!

And the porcelain is just lovely! Modern designs are my favorite when it comes to porcelain, silver flatware and crystal. You would have a blast walking through the museum in the gigantic china /silver/crystal store called Replacements, Inc., about 90 minutes from us in Greensboro, NC. Your design would fit perfectly with the thousands of patterns they carry.

Congrats on three outstanding builds. That is a lot of brick put to very good use!

Thank you guys for your praise. :)

The three creations are just superb!! The railway station is worth a famouse LEGO exhibition. The tea set can be on display for future guests of  the LEGO House in Billund in 2017 when the park will be 50.

The ball looks increadebly round. You're veeery skillful. Are there any of your creations in LEGO ideas?

8 minutes ago, Staslegomaster said:

The three creations are just superb!! The railway station is worth a famouse LEGO exhibition. The tea set can be on display for future guests of  the LEGO House in Billund in 2017 when the park will be 50.

The ball looks increadebly round. You're veeery skillful. Are there any of your creations in LEGO ideas?

No, I am not much into Lego Ideas.

You can see my other creations in my FlickR : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/albums

It's great comparing your MOC with the image of the real thing. You did a fantastic job at simplifying the complex design into a miniature model. Well done!

Thank you. :)

6 hours ago, The Loreman said:

simplifying the complex design

That is the key when designing Lego models. :)