I just got the 42053 and built it this past Saturday. I've noticed that if I try to keep the boom in a raised position, it will slowly lower over the course of a day or so, the pneumatic cylinder will lose pressure. Is this normal and I'm just worried for nothing, or is this not supposed to happen?

Hi, it is normal for them to lose the pressure over the course of a day! If you leave them under some weight - raised boom, for example, over night, they will lower themselves during the night. Dont worry about that!

7 minutes ago, Milan said:

Hi, it is normal for them to lose the pressure over the course of a day! If you leave them under some weight - raised boom, for example, over night, they will lower themselves during the night. Dont worry about that!

Thank you! I guess that ruins my plan of displaying it boom up, though. Ah well.

Well, perhaps you can use some part(s) to hold the boom raised, to lock its position, or to block its movement down...

32 minutes ago, mattthewise said:

Thank you! I guess that ruins my plan of displaying it boom up, though. Ah well.

Happens even to the real hydraulic ones as well. You'll note that when cranes are displayed at trade shows with the boom and other parts at elevated angles, they will all have locking collars around the cylinder shafts to stop them retracting

2 minutes ago, bonox said:

Happens even to the real hydraulic ones as well. You'll note that when cranes are displayed at trade shows with the boom and other parts at elevated angles, they will all have locking collars around the cylinder shafts to stop them retracting

Really? Huh, I didn't know that. I've never seen cranes or excavators displayed like that before, so I didn't know that.