Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

My BrickShelf is stating that it's [empty] even though all my pictures are showing up in my reviews; should I be worried...?

Nope, does this every once in a while. :hmpf_bad: Veeerrry annoying. All the folders are there, just the files aren't showing. I'm surprised that it isn't back up yet. :sceptic:

Nope, does this every once in a while. :hmpf_bad: Veeerrry annoying. All the folders are there, just the files aren't showing. I'm surprised that it isn't back up yet. :sceptic:

Thanks, Spyder. :cry_happy:

I was scared there for a second; I have hundreds of photos in my Brickshelf.

NOoooooo!!! All my folders are gone! :pir_bawling:

And just when I was about to post a picture! Soooo frustrating... :cry_sad:

Oh well, it will all be better in the morning. :classic:

Damnit brickshelf I want to upload my pictures of Hinckley's sigfig getting killed by a robot :cry_sad: .

Why is it that brickshelf keeps having all these problems ?Because of this i'm thinking of getting a flicker account.

Migrate. Brickshelf sucks. It's okay, it's great for storing OLD pictures, but when you wanna show your creation, it takes a lot of time to be reviewed and it has these problems.

I say finish with deeplinks and forbid pictures of getting public before 1 week has passed since the upload.

I say create Brickshelf 2, an exactly similar website, with moderation, but able to show the folders immediately after upload, then being subject to moderation, then if approved, 1 week later, auto-copied to Brickshelf 1. There, a good database made better. Ta-da!

Doesn't work for me, but all Folders still show up with one thumbnail, but no content. Seems to be an Server error. Damned every time I've CADed something new. I won't migrate, hopefully that damned page works soon, since I want to show my latest creation (altough CAD). My sig-.Fig picture ist still up and the other pics, too

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

I didn't know where to put it so I though this place would be the best for now.

I went to try and get into brickshelf but when I did it wouldn't allow me too, also I have noticed peoples' sigfigs have gone missing. Does anyone know why this may be?

Well, I noticed that Brickshelf was down right now, they either might be doing an update to the site or there is a problem with the server.

It also affects the sigfig pics on this site and links to Brickshelf because the URLs are linked to their server.

When the site goes back up, the pics will be back.

This also applies to other photo sites, if thier site is down, every link to that site will be down as well.

<-- my sigfig not affected because mine is deeplinked with Photobucket, your's I guess brickshelf.

Every time I try to get to Brickshelf, a blank page shows up that says:

There was a server error. Please go back and try again.

Is it down again? :cry_sad:

Seconded. I reckon it is just a server problem, these things happen.

I've run many a website and its done the same thing for those. Websites are very complicated and the occasional glitch can happen and then - Kaboom! This happens :grin:

However, IMHO, Brickshelf is very basic. And while thats nice and nostalgic, I wouldn't mind seeing a make-over.

~A.S.

EDIT: 800th post!

Edited by AwesomeStar

This happens so many times. I don't really care, I just won't get my morning pictures today. :tongue:

The only thing that really frightened me was back in... I forget, around 2006-07? When brickshelf threatened to close itself down unless people started paying for accounts.

Since I still have a full wallet (well not exactly, but) how was that ever resolved?

Again! :hmpf:

Crap! I was just about to upload pics. Is it just me, or is Brickshelf going down more frequently now?

I just realized this topic never makes it off page 1 anymore. :laugh:

Edited by JCC1004

It just did, JCC1004. :wink:

Brickshelf is completely down now... Internet Explorer refuses to display the site.

I think something bad's about to occur.