As my profile shows, I'm a new member to this website, and as such, is it correct i would need to post 10 things before being able to post to a specific forum, and would this post count as one?

I'm limited to 102.4kb of attachments per post (my pictures are 200-500kb); does that increase after my first 10 posts? 

Hi Brykster - welcome to EB!

Definitely spend a little more time in the FAQ post as it answers your questions in more detail.  The short answers are:

1. Yes, you currently have 1 post (shown right above your country in postings with your user info on the left of the page, and of course in your profile as well).  9 more posts and you can post in those particular forums that have the extra spam control in place.

2. Again, more info in the FAQ under the Posting and Etiquette section, but the 100KB of attachments you're referring to is mean only for very limited use, such as putting a few small images in your EB signature.  To post images of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a service like Flickr from which you can easily embed your images into your EB posts.

Hope that helps.  Happy building!