Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

AoM: Belltower Outpost, Tower Phase I

Defence: Tower Phase I

Situated in the Mitgardian mountains overlooking Teridyan bay, Belltower Outpost has been warning the city from attacks for many years. The role of bell keeper has been passed down from father to son, a lonely but important job, constantly on the lookout, and keeping the bell nice and shiny.  

29322039453_0c87766c46_z.jpg

29948343135_6acf443724_z.jpg

Finally charged my camera up, so here's a build I've been working on for a while. Probably my last AoM build for a bit while I work on my characters' story.

-Thanks for looking :)

:wub::wub:
You really created a wonderfully inspiring Mitgardian location here! The rocky base topped with snow is excellent, and the belltower being perched on the edge is perfect :thumbup:
The way you angled the beams to support it and the decoration on top are my favorite details

Very nice work with the path and building too, that window design... :wub:

oh wow, this is just lovely. Rocks, snow and house are awesome, but the bell tower is definitely my favourite part - very nice idea!

.. but hey I don't envy the guy's job at all! :tongue:

Lovely build you have here! The rocks look great, with the snow covering, and like SK, I love the angle of the bell tower supports and the tower itself. Great work. The roof of the cottage is great, too, capturing the appearance of shingles quite nicely. I also enjoy the stonework of the walls. The only thing I did not really like was the thatching, but on second glance that looks pretty good, too. So I guess I like the whole build. But where did you get the bell?

8 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

:wub::wub:
You really created a wonderfully inspiring Mitgardian location here! The rocky base topped with snow is excellent, and the belltower being perched on the edge is perfect :thumbup:
The way you angled the beams to support it and the decoration on top are my favorite details

Very nice work with the path and building too, that window design... :wub:

Thank you very much, the rocky base took the longest to build cause of the angle it's at, but it's only a very small uncommon angle. Glad you like it :)

8 hours ago, en_zoo said:

oh wow, this is just lovely. Rocks, snow and house are awesome, but the bell tower is definitely my favourite part - very nice idea!

.. but hey I don't envy the guy's job at all! :tongue:

Thanks! Yeah, me neither, but someone has to do it

7 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Lovely build you have here! The rocks look great, with the snow covering, and like SK, I love the angle of the bell tower supports and the tower itself. Great work. The roof of the cottage is great, too, capturing the appearance of shingles quite nicely. I also enjoy the stonework of the walls. The only thing I did not really like was the thatching, but on second glance that looks pretty good, too. So I guess I like the whole build. But where did you get the bell?

Thank you, this is my first attempt at a thacht roof, and it took a while to figure out, and there's still a few little gaps I'm not pleased with... The bell is actually a large chrome silver bucket piece, however I have no idea where it's from!

6 hours ago, dathil said:

Its beautiful!

The rocks with snow are awesome, and I love that window

5 hours ago, TitusV said:

Great techniques, especially the snow and rockwork!

Thank you both very much! :)

:wub: Really nice build, Legofin, the colors are spot-on and capture the Mitgardian look perfectly, and the stone-work and roofs are excellent as well! :thumbup:  Looking forward to more of your builds! 

36 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

:wub: Really nice build, Legofin, the colors are spot-on and capture the Mitgardian look perfectly, and the stone-work and roofs are excellent as well! :thumbup:  Looking forward to more of your builds! 

Thank you, I felt like some of my previous AoM builds lacked a bit of Mitgardia-ness, so tried to make this one fit in more :)

Wow, this is really a phenomenal build :wub: The rockwork and snow are executed wonderfully, and I'm really liking the roof of the house :thumbup:

The cobblestone, angled supports for the bell tower, and window design are all superb as well. My only suggestion would be to add a little bit of snow to the dark  tan roof, but that's a small nitpick. Overall, another fantastic build :classic:

15 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Wow, this is really a phenomenal build :wub: The rockwork and snow are executed wonderfully, and I'm really liking the roof of the house :thumbup:

The cobblestone, angled supports for the bell tower, and window design are all superb as well. My only suggestion would be to add a little bit of snow to the dark  tan roof, but that's a small nitpick. Overall, another fantastic build :classic:

Thank you very much :) Snow on the thatched roof was something I was going to try, but it took a while to get it to the right shape, and being made of mostly dark tan 2x1s I was worried any attempt to modify it would result in the calapse of the roof, as it had done already... Although it's definitely something I'll be re-attempting on any future roofs :)

Great creation I like especially your snowjob on the rocks and the colours you use cause it reminds me a traditional Mitgardian Built! Good Job!! 

18 hours ago, Mpyromaxos said:

Great creation I like especially your snowjob on the rocks and the colours you use cause it reminds me a traditional Mitgardian Built! Good Job!! 

Thank you, that was really a main focus for this build :)

It looks really great!  The snow works particularly well.  It's a pity parts of the photo are so dark as it makes it harder to see all the detail.

7 hours ago, BrickCurve said:

It looks really great!  The snow works particularly well.  It's a pity parts of the photo are so dark as it makes it harder to see all the detail.

Thank you, yeah, I have a kinda inconsistent light source, hoping to get my proper set up back sometime soon :sceptic: but if you're on a mobile device, adjusting the brightness to the max help, but admittedly better photography would be more useful...

Edited by Legofin2012

Great build! The rockwork, snowscape, and buildings all look wonderful! My only nitpick is that it is a little strange that the bell tower roof has no snow at all when the ground and the roof of the other building are covered in it.

8 hours ago, LordDan said:

Great build! The rockwork, snowscape, and buildings all look wonderful! My only nitpick is that it is a little strange that the bell tower roof has no snow at all when the ground and the roof of the other building are covered in it.

Thank you, yeah I did want some snow up there, but it didn't look quite right, maybe it was just the way I was doing it. The roof was also particularly fragile, so I avoided messing with it too much :look:

Great build. This is distinctly Mitgardian. I really like the base, with the rocks and SNOT, and the cottage is also excellent. The roof is also very nice.

2 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Great build. This is distinctly Mitgardian. I really like the base, with the rocks and SNOT, and the cottage is also excellent. The roof is also very nice.

Thanks, that's what I was aiming for :wink:

Edited by Legofin2012