Sariel

Lego Truck Trial in Poland: Season Finale Video (CRASHES!)

We've just finished up the 2016 season today, resulting in what is very likely my best Truck Trial video ever (out of many), so I thought I'll share it with you. Plus, if there are any questions about the trucks or the competition (and there usually are), post them here and I'll try to answer.

Edited by Sariel

Seen plenty of LEGO trial trucks but I've never watched a LEGO truck trial before. Looks great fun.

Thank you Sariel for the great video and for the introduction to the trials.

Very good video, nice matching of the music to the cuts and scenes. I have a couple of questions: I am guessing third party deck lids or covers were allowed (besides 3rd party tires)? There were some sweet looking smooth surfaces on the back of these trucks. Second question is about the general performance of the trucks. Did ones with a SBrick (of any?) have an advantage? I saw someone using the racer receiver, how did that work out? I'm also very curious in how the Mindstorms truck performed, it looked very good, but looks aren't everything. I realize that there are big differences in the designs, but I'm curious as to the advantages of each control system. 

None of the trucks were controlled by SBricks. The Mindstorms and RC truck had the obvious advantage of range. The custom covers are allowed to make trucks look more realistic without drastically increasing the weight.

Thanks for sharing the video. I presume this race took place somewhere in Warsaw?

I know polish TT rules are kind of strict. Does the type and number of motors affect your final result from judgement point of view? Would truck with 8 motors used for propulsion be standing lower if its performance was the same as for 2 motor truck?

Where could I find the set of rules for such TT races?

47 minutes ago, zux said:

Does the type and number of motors affect your final result from judgement point of view? Would truck with 8 motors used for propulsion be standing lower if its performance was the same as for 2 motor truck?

Of course. The power-to-weight ratio is one of the crucial factors, to the point that I don't think anyone has more than 2 PF XL motors. A truck with 8 XLs would be an instant loser.

As for the rules, they change all the time and I don't think they're available in English at the moment. Not the current version anyway.

Those trucks look really cool, the 3rd party tires add a lot of realism and the custom platform look amazing, these trucks are very realistic and the video quality is very good as always; by the way, where is that music from? i really like it.