Hi everyone! :classic:
Fortunately I have the time to share here my newest creation! It's a train and it's the model of an ICE 3. It is 196 stud (157 cm) long and contains more than 3300 pieces, two IR receivers, two battery boxes and two train motors. Hope you like it! Oh, and another important information is, that it will be visible on Zusammengebaut 2016 in November and on Bricks am Meer in April 2017 in Germany!

At first please watch these two videos! The first one shows a crash. The place, where I made the video, wasn't horizontal, and on the slope the train got a too high speed The records of the second one were made after I repaired the train. Well, I can say it is quite stable construction, despite the building techniques of the front. During the crash, only the boogies fell down!

1474806710m_SPLASH.jpg1474806767m_SPLASH.jpg

I'm really happy, that it is ready! It took me almost a year to build and become satisfied with the result. You may know, if someone build a train, the front is the most important thing. If it's not good, it's unnecessary to build the other sections. Everything started with an LDD model from a front-idea. I built something in the program, but I didn't like it. Later it came always into my mind and didn't allow me to be calm. So I started to develope the construction. Some month later it looked nice enough to order some parts and make it in real life. It contained so many interesting and strange techniques, that it was a real challenge to put the bricks together in the program, and with real bricks it was hard, too. And the real 3D model was ugly! But I said, that it has to be possible to find out something, which makes the model better. So I made some changes, and some more, and some more, and finally I liked it, and I thoght that I found the maximum! I stored the train (only the front section) and some other parts on the table in the middle of our house. And one night, I couldn't sleep. I woke up and went out to the table to do something. And I don't know why, but I put an element into the middle of the front. And I said 'wow'! It was perfect (for me of course, for you, I still don't know, but I will read the comments :) )! Some gaps disappeared, some sections got new positions. That element made so big changes on the overall look, that it was incredible! I felt high, but next day I was very sleepy. :D

1474806737m_SPLASH.jpg1474806784m_SPLASH.jpg

1474806861m_SPLASH.jpg1474806847m_SPLASH.jpg

1474806874m_SPLASH.jpg1474806886m_SPLASH.jpg

More pictures are available here: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/433076

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Gabor

Nice job with the front. You've captured the shape well. (I certainly couldn't do it better) 

Looks good - takes the curves nicely, and great shaping on the front.  Now you just need some longer straights so it can really get up to speed!  :classic:

Great render!  Love the high-speed Europeen trains (TGV, ICE, etc.) even though there are none here (Canada).

55 minutes ago, deraven said:

Looks good - takes the curves nicely, and great shaping on the front.  Now you just need some longer straights so it can really get up to speed!  :classic:

Large radius ME-Model curves would also be great to really show it off.

Dan-147

Very nice indeed. The front is well done. Excellent work on that. The passenger cars also look good, however I wonder if making them a bit longer would improve the looks even more.

Thanks everyone for your nice words! :classic:

8 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Very nice indeed. The front is well done. Excellent work on that. The passenger cars also look good, however I wonder if making them a bit longer would improve the looks even more.

Thanks! Well, if the cars are longer, the front cars have to be longer, too, but they would be too longer for these strong bends. We always have to do compromises :)

On 2016. 09. 25. at 9:43 PM, deraven said:

Thank you! :) Yeah, I will buy some more track, but on the exhibitions there will be very long tracks. I'm sure, there will be videos about the train, too!