ust60

BR 53 from Germany a small cousin from the Big Boy

Greetings to the Lego Train Community!

I wanted to show you pictures and a video of my German steam engine BR 53. In the darkest ages of German history (1939 - 1945) the Nazis planned to build this engine, but thankfully it was never built.

But now watch out, you should only read on and watch the video if you don't have a Big Boy (unless you can withstand the shame, that her small cousin from Germany shows how much an engine can actually pull).

This smaller cousin, which has a coal tender, is about 91 cm in length (about 112 studs), which transfers to the original at about 22m. Now I make the sassy claim that this smaller cousin is better than your Big Boys. My "small girl", the BR 53 makes it trough the tight Lego curves and switches without any problems (the switches however without the yellow lever). She is able to run at slow speeds but can reach higher speeds as well, because she has no XL PF motors (8882). But she still has the power your Big Boys would dream of.

If the owners of a Big Boy are brave enough you should watch the video.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:51 AM, ust60 said:

Greetings to the Lego Train Community!

I wanted to show you pictures and a video of my German steam engine BR 53. In the darkest ages of German history (1939 - 1945) the Nazis planned to build this engine, but thankfully it was never built.

But now watch out, you should only read on and watch the video if you don't have a Big Boy (unless you can withstand the shame, that her small cousin from Germany shows how much an engine can actually pull).

This smaller cousin, which has a coal tender, is about 91 cm in length (about 112 studs), which transfers to the original at about 22m. Now I make the sassy claim that this smaller cousin is better than your Big Boys. My "small girl", the BR 53 makes it trough the tight Lego curves and switches without any problems (the switches however without the yellow lever). She is able to run at slow speeds but can reach higher speeds as well, because she has no XL PF motors (8882). But she still has the power your Big Boys would dream of.

If the owners of a Big Boy are brave enough you should watch the video.

While I am not an owner of a Big Boy...yet...but..Those are fighting words! and that is one IMPRESSIVE locomotive!! If it does not have any XL PF motors, how it is powered and how much does it weigh over the powered wheels? These I am curious about!

Hello friends of the railway,

I hope everyone could notice it. My text was not meant seriously. It's not easy, my self-irony to Translate.
But many Big Boy owners, just ignored the post. My BR 53 I have presented earlier

My new steam locomotive

Under the tender work two old 9 Volt engines. In steam boilers work three PF- Motors Type M LEGO - 8883.  The PF motors get their power via a 9 volt motors.

What the " Little Girl " weighs ....... no idea. I have never weighed them.

Yours sincerely, Udo

29543321201_64874a736e_c.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Freunde der Eisenbahn,

ich hoffe, jeder konnte es merken. Mein Text war nicht ernst gemeint.  Es ist nicht leicht. meine selbst Ironie  zu Übersetzen. Aber viele Big Boy Besitzer, haben den Beitrag einfach Ignoriert.

Meine BR 53 habe ich schon früher vorgestellt

My new steam locomotive

Unter dem Tender arbeiten zwei alte 9 Volt Motoren. Im Dampfkessel arbeiten drei PF- Motoren Typ M  LEGO - 8883. Die  PF Motoren bekommen ihren Strom über einen der 9 Volt Motoren

Was das kleine Mädchen wiegt....... keine Ahnung . Ich habe sie noch nie gewogen.