Bonaparte

Forum Upgrade

27 minutes ago, Mister_Bruce said:

PS: And another thing that is strange - it's recording that this is only my 2nd post. I've posted more than that. Maybe there is something wonky about my account and that is why I can no longer "Reply" to certain topics.

The posts made in the Community forum are not added to your post count. It's not a new feature, but the board upgrade has generated a new post count that may be lower than what you had before.

These updates really will take some time to get used to.  But already I am becoming more and more used to them.  One other weird thing I noticed though, on my signature block, all the text used to be in black and orange; now only parts are in black and orange, other parts are in gray.  I will have to play with this to fix it.  Like I said, weird......

45 minutes ago, Mister_Bruce said:

The "Reply to this topic" button is missing for me from many (all?) of the threads in the Eurobricks Community --> Community area. I can start new topics, but can't reply to any established topics.

Thanks for the clear report. Permissions for new members (< 10 posts) were messed up. They could not reply to topics in Community. This should be fixed now.

Am I the only one who can't see pictures? All I see instead are the IMG tag around a link to the picture.

Also, on the mobile version, the banner image at the top of the page is gigantic and takes up almost the whole page.

Since this new update came out, I cannot change my profile picture.  It will not allow me to import pictures from say Imgur nor will it allow me to upload my own picture.

I reserve my final judgements until the transfer is complete and I've had time to find my way around.

But, opinions aside, the amount of light grey text is terrible design. Light grey text on white for signatures, Light grey text on white for times, light grey text on light yellow at the top for Browse, light grey text on light blue under the "activity" pages, light grey on light blue at the bottom for "Accepted file types... something or other." The last two are heinous and actually unreadable!

I've gone through a few pages here and this has been mentioned several times but no admin response on it I saw. Please, please consider changing these if they are not part of the rollout or if there isn't a different template we can use. I can't see myself spending time here if I can't see half the site, and I'd really miss the community.

Any admin or mod response would be highly appreciated.

Edited by TheWarden

10 minutes ago, TheWarden said:

Any admin or mod response would be highly appreciated.

I'm not sure what kind of a response you're expecting. It has been said a couple of times now that Hinckley is going to tackle some of these remaining theme issues when he has time. He has other obligations besides Eurobricks.

Hey we can edit the title of the topics now! 

:classic:

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Hey we can edit the title of the topics now! 

:classic:

Would the URL for the topic change if the title was edited?   It appears that links contain part of the title now like www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/140543-forum-upgrade

24 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Would the URL for the topic change if the title was edited?   It appears that links contain part of the title now like www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/140543-forum-upgrade

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/140543-seo-is-so-exploitable/

Not sure, but you can use whatever you want in a link as long as the unique ID is there. It'll just rewrite the URL to the original.

Question: 

Is it still possible to get to the last post i've read in a thread on mobile? Now i just have to guess which page i had stopped reading. My two options are to start at the beginning or start at the end. 

Urgh...the search function now only goes back a year at most.  That's...that's completely useless. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Flipz

@Borex I'm experiencing the same, "issue." Luckily, discussion in the Licensed Forum has been slow this week.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Hi.

I'm hachiroku. Since a couple of days ago, after the update, I can't log in with my update. I get this error:

This member is not awaiting validation

Error code: 2S129/4

I tried to recover the password, but it didn't solved anything. I made the account to solve this, and ask if I can use it until the problem is fixed or, if there is not a solution, keep it (but I don't like to lose my 5 years old account :sceptic:).

I have finally been able to log in and see images and videos. I tried all the recommended things to get it work but in the end it was ADBLOCK stopping me and the images.Every time hit sign in it treated it as an add and blocked it so Ive stopped it on this site and all works and things can be seen. I would like to say thanks for the time and effort put in to upgrade the site.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Question: 

Is it still possible to get to the last post i've read in a thread on mobile? Now i just have to guess which page i had stopped reading. My two options are to start at the beginning or start at the end. 

You should be able to tap the brick at the left of the thread title to jump to the first unread post. Do let us know if it doesn't work for you.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Question: 

There is a dark blue bar that separates the last read post from the thread... Although the new forum does not locate the last read post for you anymore. 

@Fugazi I don't see that brick you are referring to.

24 minutes ago, makoy said:

There is a dark blue bar that separates the last read post from the thread... Although the new forum does not locate the last read post for you anymore. 

@FugaziI don't see that brick you are referring to.

Are you on mobile or desktop? The desktop version works like the old site with the bricks on the left when browsing a forum. When looking at "unread content" listing there is a blue dot to the left if each post which takes you to the first unread post.

I'm not sure on mobile a t the moment but it does seem different. 

11 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Are you on mobile or desktop? The desktop version works like the old site with the bricks on the left when browsing a forum. When looking at "unread content" listing there is a blue dot to the left if each post which takes you to the first unread post.

I'm not sure on mobile a t the moment but it does seem different. 

Oh... I do see it at the sub-forum topic index... but I never use that feature as I what I used to do is list the topics I have replied or followed, and when I click on each topic it will bring me automatically to my first unread post. Now with the new update, it either brings me at the top or at the bottom of that topic page I last read -- like how @Borex mentioned.

What I was referring to earlier is the activity stream topic list... which does not bring you to the last read post, but at least gives you a visual indicator which post was the last one I've read. 

1 hour ago, Jayoheazy said:

Am I the only one who can't see the embedded pics? Using iOS btw

Same here. It just comes up as the pictures' code inside brackets. 

Alright, I can finally use EB on my PC! I had been stuck on iOS the past few days (which is still a mess)

Much better.. front page needs work (too wide) and maybe darken some things if possible. 

EDIT: ?!?!? I just noticed Friends are gone. Why? I had so many friends I'd like to keep! 

Edited by CM4Sci