Bonaparte

Forum Upgrade

I like it. It looks clean, neat, simple.

Thank you everyone who is working on it for your time and effort.

I am sure when finalized, it will be superb. Thank you.

1 minute ago, makoy said:

@WhiteFang @Robert8 I can't find this option in my profile settings... maybe because I am a lowly "Citizen" class... :cry_sad:

Did you see "cover photo" or some sort? 

3 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

None.. nothing of that sort in profile settings... would be logical if it is limited to higher forum class because when you upload cover photo, it takes up space in the server.

Thank you to everyone who has put so much work into this! I've been watching as the kinks get worked out and I like what I see! One question so far, I can't see to find a button to go to the first unread comment in a topic. Am I missing it or does it not exist yet?

2 hours ago, makoy said:

None.. nothing of that sort in profile settings... would be logical if it is limited to higher forum class because when you upload cover photo, it takes up space in the server.

I can't seem to find it either, and I'm a Grand Duke... maybe it's a Mod/etc only thing?

@MKJoshA If you click on the brick that should take you to the first unread post, same as always.

Funny how some people's tags are all in a line and others aren't...

The biggest problem with an upgrade like this is getting accustomed to it .   I can probably get used to this, but there are definitely things I'd like to be different.

I almost always just used the "new posts" feature because I am interested in so many different topics; it's been replaced by an "unread content" link, which I suppose works - but the layout of the page when you see it is not as clear and clean as the old one.

I'd like to see better delineation between posts in a thread.

I'd like to see a LOT better contrast.  As I'm writing this, for example, the subtext for the attachments ("Max total size...") is barely readable.  The arrows at the bottom ("GO TO TOPIC LISTING" on the left, "NEXT UNREAD TOPIC" on the right are fine, but the subtext of those is also barely readable.  When the posts are made ("Posted x minutes ago") is barely readable.

For me, the mobile site doesn't work on my iPhone properly. It just squeezes the forum to half of the screen. :sad:

4 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

I don't see it 

:cry_sad:

Maybe is only for the MOD staff? 

@Bonaparte

I am pretty sure the signature text has been brought up before but I think its a little to light, maybe something a little darker would be better

Thanks for all your hard work.

I don't know if this feature is gone, or just not back yet, but...

I the topic list view in each topic on the right side was a little button that allow one to just see the unread posts for a topic. I used to use that extensively on threads I was reading.  Please ignore if it is coming back, but just not back yet.

Also if this feature is gone.. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Thanks to the Staff for all of the hard work getting the site back online.  It's really a tough job, and I applaud your dedication.

Also, some new features are really nice, like the tagging and topic previews.  Others may take some getting used to.

As for issues, most of this has been mentioned already, and I'm sure a lot of it will be fixed in the next few weeks of continued progress:

• Enter now makes a double space.  I can Shift+Enter to make it only drop one line, but it is much less intuitive.
  • Text in signatures is too light and difficult to read.  It is also hard to see a division between the post and the signature, as the line is too light.  Also, maybe it's a good time to implement a hard limit on signature size.
  • Contrast.  As I refreshed before posting, I noticed the background grey was replaced by a light blue.  That is much better.  I still think the post headers could be colored like they were in the old version.  This is probably one of those things that takes time as forum themes are reworked.
  • The quote button it a little obtrusive.  I would love to see it moved to the right side, and maybe a background color could be added to separate it from the post.
  • Items in the poster information is a bit wonky.  Country seems to be misaligned, and the member group has both a text version and an image, which is a bit redundant.  There's another contrast issue with post counts.
  • A separation between pinned topics and the rest would be very handy, as they blend in too easily now.

Anyways, good job overall.  It's nice to see a refreshed forum, and I'm sure I'll come to enjoy the new features in time.  Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Edited by x105Black

site dosnt work at all on dolphin browser on slimkat google nexus 7. Its looks like its zoomed in and can only see half of the screen, the other half is plain white.

Firstly thanks for everything you guys are doing, and second a query, is it possible to make the pages viewable offline? I sometimes load tabs when I have wi-fi to read later but noticed they all reverted to a please reload page when trying to view them later. I did wait for them to load up when opening initially. I am not sure this is even possible, I couldn't even begin to understand what goes on behind the scenes. 

BBC is not on yet, or is it just me? Some of pictures uploaded before upgrade do not show. Am I just inpatient or do I have to do something with my browser? If is it the former, I am sorry. :wink:

1 minute ago, J_C said:

BBC is not on yet, or is it just me? Some of pictures uploaded before upgrade do not show. Am I just inpatient or do I have to do something with my browser? If is it the former, I am sorry. :wink:

The post data base is rebuilding and will take time for those to show up. They said it might take a week or somthing.

Hey,

just to let you know that this forum upgrade is a really good one. Love the layout and spacing you created.

Last weeks & months I complained on various websites about their so called upgrades and new designs. Eurobricks is the first site since a long time to have a good upgrade.

Keep it up.

19 minutes ago, J_C said:

BBCode is on and works well for any new posts/topics and any older posts that are edited, so if you are impatient for the script to work on refreshing one of your own posts or topics, just click "edit" and then "save" and the code will be rendered correctly once again.

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

BBCode is on and works well for any new posts/topics and any older posts that are edited, so if you are impatient for the script to work on refreshing one of your own posts or topics, just click "edit" and then "save" and the code will be rendered correctly once again.

Thank you. I will wait. Thanks for clarification.

And (I wrote it before, but repetition of thank you will do not harm :wink: ) : Thanks everyone for your work. I like the new look. Clean, neat, simple. Thanks guys!

Found an error :

There's no more friends box, now oly followers. 

I had quite some people in the friends box, so that's something important on social level

Also the pinned topics and normal ones are now together, this combined with bad contrast makes the browsing very difficult

And as I said in my previous post , SORRY and I hope this is a temporary layout and design. 

Edited by LXF

7 hours ago, fred67 said:

I'd like to see better delineation between posts in a thread.

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

Contrast.  As I refreshed before posting, I noticed the background grey was replaced by a light blue.  That is much better.  I still think the post headers could be colored like they were in the old version.  This is probably one of those things that takes time as forum themes are reworked.

Many thanks to the admins for changing the colour behind the posts to light blue - it's much easier to follow the posts in a thread now.

Hi all!
At first, thanks for the hard work necessary to update this forum. It seems that it brought a lot of changes. :classic:

Among other things, there is one I miss: the manual editor. It is very important for me to see all the tags in edit mode and not the formatted text.
Besides I'd like to see the problem with word wrap in manual editor solved (text don't go new line when it reaches the right side of the text area), as it was never solved in the previous version of the board.

After a brief first look at the new board, other things I'd like to see fixed are: the double new line clicking on enter key (not for me, I've not problems to use CTRLSHIFT+Enter, the risk is to reduce the readability of the posts due to an excessive spacing), a better separation between pinned posts and standard post (and maybe a third level of pinned posts, it would be helpful to differentiate permanent pinned posts from temporary pinned posts) and a better placed "quote" button (very invasive in the present position), a better separation for the signature (and maybe a global "collapse" key easily accessible).

Ah, another thing: increase the number of supported BBCode tags for each post: in the LDD Official Sets topic I was almost depleting the available space for the index.

Edited by Calabar

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Enter now makes a double space.  I can Shift+Enter to make it only drop one line, but it is much less intuitive.

Ah, that's what it is... Hate the double spacings, thanks for a quick solution. :laugh:
Is there a way to 'see' the bb code as well? I'm so accustomed to write it, I can't even even make a normal post without it.

Edited by -zenn