Sign in to follow this  
TWP

When to strike at Amazon?

Hello,

I was wondering what was the best time to buy Lego products on Amazon (EU). I'm looking to buy Star Wars 75150 Darth Vader's Tie Advanced vs A-Wing Starfighter and 75151 Clone Turbo Tank and preferably as cheap as possible. Right now they are the cheapest in Germany, and I have an adress in Germany to ship to (I live in the Netherlands). Usually they are cheapest in Germany and cost €78,99 and €98,99 respectively.

Right now they are €76,49 and €93,49 but I wonder if the price will drop anymore in the near future, as I know 75150 had been €63 previously. Are there any times of the year in which most Lego (Star Wars) usually drop price? Or is it inpredicatable?

Thanks, hope to get some advice from experienced Amazon buyers :)

~TWP

A good website which tells you what sort of discount you get on lego is brick set,as it tells you how much the set is discounted in percentage on amazon. But you never know a good time to buy as it may go on sale but it may not it all depends on how amazon feel but if you see a set with a 33% discount snap it up.

Thanks for the reply SodorBricks :) that's a bit what I had in mind too ;)

So, a bit like the regular pattern seems, the prices have gone up again after this slight sale, now they sell for €84,99 and €99,99 respectively, after about 2 days of the drop. I guess I'll see what they'll do next :wink:

BTW: I hope my topic title didn't sound confusing - someone might have thought I was going to rob an Amazon warehouse?? :laugh:

I usually put sets in my "save for later" cart and check it daily, if the price is to the point I'm ready to buy then I buy it. Amazon prices can fluctuate throughout the day, but checking every hour really negates a couple dollars savings imho.

On 19-9-2016 at 9:50 PM, Darkdragon said:

I usually put sets in my "save for later" cart and check it daily, if the price is to the point I'm ready to buy then I buy it. Amazon prices can fluctuate throughout the day, but checking every hour really negates a couple dollars savings imho.

On 19-9-2016 at 10:53 PM, BrickHat said:

Personally I keep an eye on Brickset and FBTB for sales.

Thanks guys :)

The Turbo Tank dropped to €80 yesterday, so had to buy it right away :wink:

I constantly check http://www.pricevortex.com/ I can view current prices of all the sets there. Sometimes it is a tiny bit inaccurate but it works good enough :sweet:

40 minutes ago, TWP said:

Thanks guys :)

The Turbo Tank dropped to €80 yesterday, so had to buy it right away :wink:

I constantly check http://www.pricevortex.com/ I can view current prices of all the sets there. Sometimes it is a tiny bit inaccurate but it works good enough :sweet:

You're welcome, and thanks! I was not aware of that website.

20 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

You're welcome, and thanks! I was not aware of that website.

You're welcome, it's really usefull indeed :classic:

Sign in to follow this