ericb

LEPIN brings out Monster Fighters HAUNTED HOUSE (16007)

Ha, they also ship using DHL. They seem like the letter N as in their Star Wnrs.

This may get moved to Community where clone discussions are kept.

how do i recognize false lego when they sell it on bricklink or brick owl?

Edited by Q3671

I know I may get shamed for this but I am actually wondering how authentic these are from what I have seen they are EXACT to the real thing. Yes I am a die-hard lego Fan and never buy knock-off but maybe if there is something cheap enough I would get it like the Porche model because although I wan the porche I would never pay $300 for it.

Just curious

-RailCo

how do i recognize false lego when they sell it on bricklink or brick owl?

If a piece does not have 'LEGO' stamped on it, then it's made by a different company.

@Rail Co we live in a free world, we can think and buy wat we want.

@ericb thank you

Has anyone ever bought Lepin and can speak to the quality. I never got Emerald night and can't afford one on eBay or Bricklink now. For £55 delivered I'm very tempted. I know my son would love a Lego steam engine too. Maybe a joint Christmas present to us from me...

The actual design of the train is excellent, but it looks really similar to something else, can't quite place my finger on what it is.......

Has anyone ever bought Lepin and can speak to the quality. I never got Emerald night and can't afford one on eBay or Bricklink now. For £55 delivered I'm very tempted. I know my son would love a Lego steam engine too. Maybe a joint Christmas present to us from me...

Huh, now I'm interested. I saw the rest of the Lepin stuff on Aliexpress, and they're selling clones of other sets, including 10179 and 15008... With a bit of kragle to keep this out of my collection, I wouldn't mind being able to have these sets, even if they're clones. Now to see if they have anything Bionicle, I want to start building a army of figures and hopefully start modding stuff for some stop motion animation. Or reference shots at the very least.

How do i recognize false LEGO when they sell it on BrickLink or Brick Owl?

It has a LEGO text on the studs, Great Quality, and usually it has a piece number somewhere on the part.

Those genuine Tan windows cost me a forture on Bricklink when I built 3 extra carriages……...

The prices are terrible - I'm still saving! Added to which, the train window piece appears to be discontinued so there's a reducing chance they'll appear in tan again to bring the prices down...

Can I point something out to those who are angry that someone has cloned this set: It's not available from Lego anywhere. Lego cannot lose money on a clone of a set they no longer sell. Hell, a lot of the specific pieces in the required colours are no longer sold either, and if most of us were to collect the bricks and build the set ourselves, we'd buy them all from Bricklink, meaning, again, Lego wouldn't see any extra income anyway.

There's a parallel to this in the Transformers fandom. For the last decade or so, hundreds of small companies have sprung up to provide (generally very expensive) collector quality updates of transformers characters that the fans loved but Hasbro and Takara had no interest in updating. After a while, they started to notice that not only were these guys making money, they were making enough money that 4 or 5 companies could make their own version of the same characters at the same time and still make ends meet. As a result, Hasbro and Takara responded with a renewed enthusiasm for their Masterpiece line, the Generations line, and more recently, Combiner Wars and Titans Returns, which are 100% aimed squarely at the fans and are incredibly popular as a result.

If Lego sees that this knock off Emerald Night is selling well, it might encourage them to reissue the set themselves or (better still) make a similarly priced set with a locomotive that isn't actually crap (I picked up Emerald Night a couple of months ago, and I was not impressed).

I don't condone the cloning of current sets, and I realise the Transformers example was companies who at least made their own toys rather than direct clones, but I feel the comparison is a fair one for this situation.

Side note (and I've seen this in the Transformers fandom too) 'righteous indignation' from people who have the original and are butthurt about having paid more for something that is now available for less wins very few friends... People (like myself) who got into Lego trains after EN was retired never had a chance to pick it up. I was lucky and found it for a price I was willing to pay (although it still wasn't cheap), but why shouldn't they take this option if it's available?

EDIT:

Having looked at most of the rest of their catalogue, I suspect that this one defendable inclusion to their range is somewhat outweighed by the vast majority of their sets that are current and not exceptionally sought after...

Edited by Redimus

I disagree about LEGO not seeing any extra income from those who wish to build their own Emerald Night. While it's true that the rare pieces are no longer available from LEGO, it can potentially be more cost effective to purchase others from Pick A Brick and/or Bricks & Pieces than from multiple Bricklink stores. It's also not uncommon for someone to buy a different set because it contains some of the required pieces.

Those genuine Tan windows cost me a forture on Bricklink when I built 3 extra carriages……...

that is true, there to expensive but a fake train plus p&p is € 38,00 + € 75,00 + custom tax is also expensive

I disagree about LEGO not seeing any extra income from those who wish to build their own Emerald Night. While it's true that the rare pieces are no longer available from LEGO, it can potentially be more cost effective to purchase others from Pick A Brick and/or Bricks & Pieces than from multiple Bricklink stores. It's also not uncommon for someone to buy a different set because it contains some of the required pieces.

No one who knows about Bricklink uses pickabrick. It's *FAR* too expensive, and *FAR* too limited.

Why buy sets in general? MOCs are cheaper and way more fun.

Sets are good way to get up and running quickly. MOCs involve more work and time. MOCs are not necessarily cheaper but definitely more fun. :wink:

Sets are good way to get up and running quickly. MOCs involve more work and time. MOCs are not necessarily cheaper but definitely more fun. :wink:

A good moc is horrendously expensive, lol.

A good moc is horrendously expensive, lol.

What he said!!! I already had a vast majority of the dark blue gray parts I needed in hand when I built an MOC of a GP-30 not long back and still spent in excess of $200 on parts... And I thought that LEGO would be cheaper than HO. :sceptic:

Edited by Rotundus