Hinckley

TIP-Town in Progress

indexed.gif Layout

All right. So I'm finally taking a huge step in one of my main LEGO goals: to have a nice solid city layout instead of a bunch of buildings surrounded by Star Wars ships and random Train, Exo-Force and Castle sets. Yes, I'm cleaning up my tabletown: Bazooville. I've renamed it from HinckleyVille, since Hinckley is so disorganized, I named it after Bazoo, our obsessive compulsive Yellow Tang who insisted on being cleaned constantly by the peppermint shrimp. Well, God rest her soul, I hope her name transforms my table town into the beautiful and clean metropolis it has the potential to be.

Here are two pics of the current state of things:

01.jpg

Here you can catch a glimpse of the disorganization. It's not me, really. It's clearly the pterodactyls and dragons, not to mention the vikings, elephants, tanks and strange potato face men dancing on the top of the cafe corner...

02.jpg

And despite the pooping Tyrannosaurus Rex and the houses in the middle of the street there is quite a bit of potential here.

The new city will of course revolve around the style of cafe corner and this modular addition I built:

brown_condos_down.jpg

Click the pic to see the official EB thread...

I hope to move on down the street and build on in the same fashion until I have a nice setup. Of course I am limited by the road plates I have, but there's always BL.

Here's the first victim renovation of the TIP (Town in Progress) overhaul...my yellow house:

old_yellow_house.jpg

It has been dismantled... :'-) we'll certainly miss her...and will soon be re-built into a modular brownstone type addition to Bazooville...stay tuned. :-)

Stunningly I am doing the same thing to Sinnerton! *wacko* I have even dismantled the police station. (Security is now in the hands of Bane and Batman.) I have less room than you so I have decided to build up! I can't wait to see your new town. *sweet*

A potentially fascinating project that I hope you'll continuously update us with. That'll both be interesting to watch and help motivate you to make progress, something I frequently need help with.

Wow, I absolutely hate that yellow house. :-/ I know it isn't polite, and I wouldn't say it if I didn't know you'll take it in the way it's intended and tell me to fark off, but man, that's just an eyesore of yellow. 8-

A potentially fascinating project that I hope you'll continuously update us with. That'll both be interesting to watch and help motivate you to make progress, something I frequently need help with.

Thanks! *wub* What nice warm encouraging sentiments... :'-)

Wow, I absolutely hate that yellow house. :-/ I know it isn't polite, and I wouldn't say it if I didn't know you'll take it in the way it's intended and tell me to fark off, but man, that's just an eyesore of yellow. 8-

No, I hear you. I had planned on using tan. *cries while hurriedly re-sorting all the yellow bricks and praying the stink of failure will someday wash off* It is the MOC I've kept built the longest and it does show. I built it back when there wasn't an abundance of brown or tan available and grey was too precious a castle element to waste on Town! I believe I built that when I was 18 I mean 5! All right, so I'm old. And even at 18 I thought that yellow was too much, but hey...I know well enough to dismantle that one first. :-P

*opens a window to air the place out* :-X

Don't feel too bad, I think 375/6075 is terrible as well, I'm just smart enough not to post that in a Castle forum. 8-|

375-2.1105127490.thumb2.jpg

Old? When I entered my dark ages, tan didn't exist. 8-

Edited by imperialshadows

Looks nice! Albrickuerque looks nicer too nowadays!

(although i'm sticking to official sets...I'm terrible at building myself. I'm just never satisfied with what i make...Though i will make some smaller details in my city.)

It'll be interesting to see where your town goes. I think some of those buildings have potential to be modified into modular additions, like that red one in the upper right-hand corner. You sure have a lot of space to work with there to add scenery and what not. You could make a park And your town needs a trolley. :-P

Nice town. *y* I can't wait to see the finished result. I wish my town looked that good. My buildings don't even line up with each other.

Weird, my tiny town is benig reorganized soon too! An early spring clean you could say. I have to say Hinckley, I really like you Brownstone Modular MOCS! *wub*

What a great topic! This this the kind of topic I really like!

I like to see the evolution in the time of things that we build: more specifi pieces, more colours, more technics and design...

I like the two pics of your actual city. What an awfull mess of LEGO! It's so nice *wub*

I wish you a lot of fun in your city project, and I knwo that you will have!

Nice buildings on!

I'd like mine to get reorganised but it's just left in a bloody mess. I think you may remember this picture from a while back:

main-street-mess.jpg

"cough"...yes.... anywho! God Hinckley what an awful house! :-X No I am not that cruel I would never judge

a MOC in that way it's just rude!.....Looking at you IMPERIALSHADOWS!!!!!!, Man if that was a less

experienced member who said that they would be sooooo out of here. I hope that doesn't mean me!

Anyway back to Hinckleys town. Very nice I love how many bricks you have to build all of those fantastic buildings, I wish I had that many. Maybe I shall stand by your window when you decide to throw away that house after Imperial scouts harsh comments and grab a few yellow bricks that come hurtling through it! ;-)

Hope your town becomes great,

Casewindu

oh hinckely what a mess !!! but i trust you will use your artistic eye and clean things up... with all those bricks you have a lot of potential ;-)

BTW, have you seen how scarce roadplates are on BL ??? it scares me :'-(

What a great topic! This this the kind of topic I really like!

I like to see the evolution in the time of things that we build: more specifi pieces, more colours, more technics and design...

yes alex, this reminds me of your town evolution thread. i like these too.

hinckely, do you plan on making a digital map layout of the city ??? i hear its pretty popular with city builders ;-)

- BM

Great, I can't wait to see where this goes! Your MOCs as of late have really been phenomenal, so I'm sure the rebuilt house (in whatever color she'll be rebuilt in) will be fantastic *y*

One thing, you say you might not have enough road plates. Well while it's probably infinitely more (okay maybe that's an exaggeration) expensive and parts intensive, I've always thought SNOT'd streets looked amazing. Just think of how utterly customized the roads would look! :'-)

Impressive amount of buildings! I unfortunately don't have enough time to do everything at once, and since I'm busy with a Castle, I can't get started with my other intention; to have a large town layout to fit with Caf

I was looking at those pics and I was surprised to notice your Smackdown MOC is still on one piece. Do you have any plans for it?

(I don't mean to alarm you Hinckley, but your website seems to be talking to you.)

I love your buildings, always full of detail and realism. Only hope you get more road baseplates to show the buildings in their best light and give justice to them :)

You seem to be a great city building.. builder. :-$ With abit of work on the roadways I can see this being truely excellent, and I cant wait to see how it turns out *wub*

As for me and any happening of a town, It wont happen for a very, very long time. I need to re organize, sort all my legos via color, move it all to another area.. :-| So for me, vehicles on a semi-small scale are all I can manage :'-(

But I'm managing I suppose :-$

Cant wait to see the evolution occurr ;-)

Personally, I would make the brewery the center of your town, because I just think that's simply an awesome MOC. Plus, well, it's a brewery. *sweet*

Edited by salty tbone

Wow! A lot of responses here. That's great, but it looks like I better get working! Thanks everybody. *sweet*

Sinner, since our towns are twinned, perhaps we can build the fountain in this thread. We can pass it off. You do a couple pieces, I'll add, back and forth until it's finished. We can post our progress here and people can give us feedback. It'll keep this thread active anyway...what do you think?

For all those who have town layouts and Hinkley, How high is one floor and do you make sure that all of yall's buildings can fit on 32x32 base plates

I use Cafe Corner as the standard. But I don't want all of the buildings to match. I live in Chicago and most of the buildings have different floor heights or their basements or garden apartments vary enough so that most people first floors don't meet at the same level. I love the way that looks. So while I want everything to be in scale with the Cafe Corner, I will make the floors taller or shorter depending on the design. There are some rows of brownstones that seem to meet up perfectly and I'd love to have a block that does that but we'll see what the future and my budget have in store. Great question. :-) *y*

Sinner, since our towns are twinned, perhaps we can build the fountain in this thread. We can pass it off. You do a couple pieces, I'll add, back and forth until it's finished. We can post our progress here and people can give us feedback. It'll keep this thread active anyway...what do you think?

Fountain? 8-| Did we discuss this? I hope so as I was planning on making a fountain for my town. If we both came to this idea independently then I am officially freaked out. *wacko*

But to answer the question; yes I would love to. *sweet* What do you plan? A traditional circular one?

*sweet* What do you plan? A traditional circular one?

A blue bucket fountain. I believe you suggested the idea in the town twinning topic. :-D