6 minutes ago, efferman said:

five days till deadline?

maybe a silly question: a pure black seat or with a contrast colour on the headrest? the orange is only an example, because i cant find my other bionicle teeths in my chaos

I think a pure black seat looks best.

Edited by letsbuild

it is a bad feeling to know to have a part and couldnt find it. So i have made the seats a bit more coloured and completed the interior of the cab. the dashboard stickers are from the set 42008

30281920360_25c8218f90_c.jpg

on the outside is something happened too
30281920700_649bcd5806_c.jpg

The hardware is done

30511992391_cb1cc34d84_c.jpg
the fake engine
30511992841_4d46e6a407_c.jpg
battery box, air tanks, fuel tank and other things to fill the gap
30563611556_7fd7e5fdcc_c.jpg
The rim is simulating a hose reel
30563611106_72ec6e01da_c.jpg
The Black panel is imitating a rubber plate
30563612126_a93718eb94_c.jpg

This is brilliant, everything tucked away and not messy. Its definately weel thought out with everything it can do. For me you have raised the bar again, cant wait for the video.

Effe, You don't miss any chance to amaze us, right? *huh* :thumbup::thumbup:

:pir-classic: mode ON: Hell ya', this contest is full with HOF material...

That video sets the bar pretty high for all feature demonstration videos to come. Not just in this contest.

Thanks guys

imano, both are real, but the big thing in the background is more real

skppo, fortunately i have easy access to the big ones

What an EPIC video! Thank you so much for taking the time to make a very unique and interesting video! Fantastic work!

Fantastic!  I love the effort you put into showing it next to the real thing.

Sadly, I still have no idea what this machine actually is.  How does it work?  I've never seen one before.

my wife recommended a book for this weekend. I told her I was already busy. This weekend I will be watching videos and reading awesome posts like this to judge for competition.

Edited by nerdsforprez

9 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

Fantastic!  I love the effort you put into showing it next to the real thing.

Sadly, I still have no idea what this machine actually is.  How does it work?  I've never seen one before.

My thoughts exactly, it kind of looks like a giant vacuum but I could be totally wrong.

@Blakbird maybe you havent seen this before, because this type of excavator is new in north america. There are only 4 or 5 on your continent. Our excavator are vorking with a centrifugal turbine to create a large airflow. This airflow catches the material, gravel, sand and mud for example. This material falls in the container and the airflow will be cleaned by 42 large filters. In the housing ,where i have the valves placed, sits the turbines and blows the air in the exhaust box, where the silencer is placed and then through the flaps on the roof.

7 minutes ago, efferman said:

@Blakbird maybe you havent seen this before, because this type of excavator is new in north america. There are only 4 or 5 on your continent. Our excavator are vorking with a centrifugal turbine to create a large airflow. This airflow catches the material, gravel, sand and mud for example. This material falls in the container and the airflow will be cleaned by 42 large filters. In the housing ,where i have the valves placed, sits the turbines and blows the air in the exhaust box, where the silencer is placed and then through the flaps on the roof.

Thanks, that helps.  So basically it is like a big vacuum or maybe a reverse concrete pump.  I understand the arm and hose on the back, but why does it open and tip in the way that it does?  What is the advantage of dumping this way?  It seems very complicated.

There is a need to have a airtight container and to have it like this in the video is the easiest way the hold the seal alive. The classic vaccuum truck sucks mostly very wet material which is not so aggressive to the seal like gravel and something similar.

The model and THAT video with real thing nearby is just awesome. 

I wonder what were the comments about your MOC from the guys owning a real thing :classic:

It's a beaty. Just like the real one. I have seen them in action during construction work at my work. There where 3 or 4 trucks working at the same time on several locations. The trucks are remotely controled. One man was standing at the pipe controlling the vacuüm pipe and moving (driving and steering) the truck of needed (at a low speed).

Nice job Efferman