Just thinking again...how about using regular pneumatic hoses, and use lets say 8 or 10 or 12 of them and stack them together to achieve round thick look. That way it could be cut, it would be flexible, and width could be made pretty precise and you could even chose a color!

Edited by Milan

how hold them together? there is a long distance where the suction hose is not guided by the boom, and not taped together would look messy. a other possibility would be to use disks, small tires or similar and put a string or rubber band into the center.

i will try tires

Besides some thin tires, why don't you use small rubber bands? You can even use 3rd party rubber bands and put them at 5cm distance from each other, that should keep he hoses tight and as one piece.

i think this would look a bit messy, even with rubber bands.

because iam waiting now for the small tires it is time for the first chassissketch. The rear part is including the boom rotate mechanism, a steering axle with ackermann geometry and a short travel suspension on the drive axles

29436688504_9ff9e419f9_c.jpg

29436688704_6522aea33f_c.jpg

29436688884_9fae1447c3_c.jpg

actual standing after a strange weekend with a long troubleshooting

30327744956_ae6b2d74e5_c.jpg

30327745476_a1d9821935_c.jpg

one of my T-Pieces was half blocked and had reduced the airflow to the container cylinders on the back and had blocked it under low pressure.

So many hoses, that is looking awesome, that suction tube (if it is a suction tube) looks good too, nice to know you found that blocked T-piece.

3 hours ago, efferman said:

Yes it is the suction tube. 14x9 slick tires with three pneumatic tubes inside

What a great solution. Brilliant.

Wow! I've seen the WIP since the first post, but I didn't understand what were you building until I did a search about this excavator. :o.  I've never seen something like that before! (that's what you get when you live in third-world country).  What a cool machine and MOC. Anyway, the only thing that worries me is learn the switch controls :grin:

What a build! I really love your solution on the suction tube.

And please, please build slower, or uglier. When you do both at the same time, you are making the rest of us look like a bunch of sloths.

36 minutes ago, erelender said:

And please, please build slower, or uglier. When you do both at the same time, you are making the rest of us look like a bunch of sloths.

So true :tongue::grin:

nothing of these two.
 i will reactivate this one

21908124036_bdd4e3bc9a_c.jpg

loosely based on  this one. A western star for the canadian market

83012d9c-cf36-4887-9e54-9a99494a07cd-lar

IMG_4660-1030x773.jpg

or a freightliner maybe.

in meanwhile i have done the machine housing and the air exits. they are powered by a small pneumatic cylinder

30510902245_9585db8593_c.jpg

30212692730_2631522903_c.jpg

30510903315_67788cb1fb_c.jpg

edit

30517649155_c9411d15c8_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

I really want to see the finished model. I like how you kept the outside very clean. I guess in few ill be able to see the finished model.

Looking good, however if you're modeling it after an American/Canadian truck, then there is a slight inaccuracy. As far as I know, none of these trucks have rear steered axles. If you wanted to you could move it in front of the driven axles as a lift axle. I know it can be difficult to change things at this stage, but I thought I'd let you know. You're a very fast builder so this probably wont be a problem. :wink:

five days till deadline?

maybe a silly question: a pure black seat or with a contrast colour on the headrest? the orange is only an example, because i cant find my other bionicle teeths in my chaos

29934284934_d2f726be00_c.jpg