WOW ? that's more than three times what I have. I sure would like to see that workplace off yours, I could be busy there for quite some time.

The printed parts look really good!!!:thumbup: - unfortunately I think to good actualy. I mean no disrespect, but I think it is to much, kinda kills the whole point of LEGO for me. Why use original parts at all then? Ok, a part here and there, but this is the essential part of the truck here... I realy liked the original arm much much better.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Just now, MajklSpajkl said:

The printed parts look really good!!!:thumbup: - unfortunately I think to good actualy. I mean no disrespect, but I think it is to much, kinda kills the whole point of LEGO for me. Why use original parts at all then? Ok, a part here and there, but this is the essential part of the truck here... I realy liked the original arm much much better.

Well I get your point, I partially agree with you. These parts used here give the arm a more slim look, makes it less bulky, I like it.

Yes, the power boom is a essential part, and in a bulky way it is possible with pure Lego. The mounting points are the same, so it is possible to use both and i have made the decission to use printed parts to let it look more realistic. And because the truck leaves with 99.9 % my home, it has to be solid, and the lego one isnt really solid,

44 minutes ago, efferman said:

Yes, the power boom is a essential part, and in a bulky way it is possible with pure Lego. The mounting points are the same, so it is possible to use both and i have made the decission to use printed parts to let it look more realistic. And because the truck leaves with 99.9 % my home, it has to be solid, and the lego one isnt really solid,

I totally understand where you are coming from, if the customer is buying it, it most work and be reliable and sturdy.

I've used 3D printed parts on my Actros, you've designed them for me, since TLG ain't making good bigger size clamshell buckets and making them out off plates and bricks just didn't look good, I had no other choice than to use third party parts for this. And it worked out great, the buckets look very good and finishes the model off nicely.

WOW ? Efferman, this is one miracle build, I really hope you'll make the LDD and a parts is. I hope I can build it one day. Where did you get the stickers from? And are there going to be custom stickers on it??

Efferman, the updated build looks really gorgeous :thumbup:, I especially like the cabin - except the mirrors, they look a bit off with that many cheese. Maybe You can find a more sleek part to use, like the slopes from 42054.

Although I don't consider myself as purist, I like the original suction arm better. Don't get me wrong, the 3D printed parts look very accurate and LEGOish, but a bit much for me. Is it possible to build this version with the "old" solution?