My Truck sucks.....not. This is a function which i can not replicate

dino5_2-1030x687.jpg

Picture Source

I am building these things since 6 years in real and the new double length pneumatic actuators now make it possible to build a lego one.

29668200066_a0db57b385_c.jpg

Unlike jono.rocky I've not seen one these before so I'm particularly curious. I'll be following its build with great interest.

This is an amazing piece of machinery. Didn't see on either... Sure excited about how this will look like, you got me curious too... :thumbup::classic:

Do I get you right: you build these things as your daily job?

Hi Effe, first of all i want to say that all the projects that choose are always unique, as well as your building techniques; this truck that you are building looks really complex but interesting, many moving parts, lots of functions, it would be really cool if lego could make a vacuum pump, so models like these (and many other models out there) could be created with a lot more realism, this project looks very promising and i will love to see it finished, i hope you luck in the building and the contest.

Hi effe,

You said your truck couln't suck.

I think that witt the very first pneumatic system and the special 4X2 briks with the one way valve integrated in it, it could be possible

EDIT: as the pneumatic cylinders work with only one entry it must suck air at one moment :)

visble here:

https://en.wikipedia..._components.JPG

Edited by steph77

Steph, this sucking is a little bit minimalistic against this one

edit:

the opening sequence

29687399896_3941e3f27c_c.jpg

29687400226_178abe6f85_c.jpg

29687400616_be26fabe18_c.jpg

29687400976_b70315d3da_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

some progress

29709837116_a3f0415b9c_c.jpg

29709837526_8b3419dfba_c.jpg

29453735940_e1c51f29f4_c.jpg

hopefully the 1x11 cylinders are strong enough for the upper shell

Edited by efferman

First Pictures in motion. the lift needs not much force on the pump, seems there is enough power to lift some payload

edit: the opening sequence in motion

Edited by efferman

That is really amazing Effer, everything works very good, even when it seems to have a very complex system it works smoothly, it is looking very nice.

this is harder than i thought. The fake suction hose has arrived yesterday and it is to long. The longest hose on the mts suction excavators is 7.8meters long. The fake hose, two times this part, is in scale nearly 8.8m in length.

with 7.8 it would look nearly like this

29293084783_25838fb540_c.jpg

with 8.8 something like this, but this is very unstable in the actual configuration.

29293085383_f8c9bc3cc2_c.jpg

unfortunately cutting this hose is not allowed

it seems i have found a solution which allows nearly the same flexibility in movement in combination with flexibility in length

29946663266_fc4600cee6_c.jpg

I am really sad that the real Lego hose cant fit properly...You wont experiment any more to try to make it work with the hose?

hm, no. The lego Hose is to much out of scale to fit it properly to a 19 wide truck. The diameter, even when it is 6mm to thick, is ok, but the length without cutting is a big problem. And you know, cutting on this hose is not permitted by the rules

What about using the same technique that was used on Barman's V8 exhaust manifold, it would be adjustable to length, and still be somewhat flexible /round

25 minutes ago, efferman said:

2x2 round plates with a string inside?

or use 2x2 round tiles with a hole in the center, and put a flex axle through it.