Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

2 hours ago, legoman19892 said:

Does the surfboard remind anyone else of BAPE?

Bay Area Program for Equestrians?

Bunny Association Promoting Eloquence?

Band of Actors Pretending to be Egyptian?

7 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

That link set off my anti-virus before loading all the way, so maybe you could just tell me what I'm missing.

It is a popular streetwear brand from Japan.

Below is a face they use on a lot of hoodies.

a-bathing-ape-bape-shark-leopard-pouch-h

Was just in my local Walmart where I noticed they had a box of 17 out, finally! I had already got most of what I wanted from TRUs, but had missed the Retro Spaceman. I picked him out and then was about to leave when a guy walked up and took the entire box. Wow. That's why I can never find them at this Walmart!

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

a guy walked up and took the entire box

That's what I did as well, I really don't have the time to stand there and feel up all the packages. My box was fresh from the back room though :grin:

I am so jealous of the places where Walmart actually stocks CMFs! All the Gainesville Walmart stores stock are the knock-offs! Toys 'R Us has a bad habit of mark-up, so Target is the best value, but the one here is horribly inconsistent in stocking them.

Day 237: Still trying to figure it out what was LEGO trying to do with the Highwayman thing :wacko:

I'm reading posts on facebook saying that there were a lot of Highwaymen left on the boxes because people won't buy it because they don't know what they are paying for. 

And they are right, He know he is a Highwayman because were are AFOLs and we are part of Eurobricks, but random customers don't know that what minifigure is. Some of them won't spend money buying something that they might not like once they open the bag

Just now, Robert8 said:

Day 237: Still trying to figure it out what was LEGO trying to do with the Highwayman thing :wacko:

I'm reading posts on facebook saying that there were a lot of Highwaymen left on the boxes because people won't buy it because they don't know what they are paying for. 

And they are right, He know he is a Highwayman because were are AFOLs and we are part of Eurobricks, but random customers don't know that what minifigure is. Some of them won't spend money buying something that they might not like once they open the bag

Good point.  Completely sensible, too.

More Highwaymen for me, I guess...

Just now, Robert8 said:

Very true. I hadn't thought of that. The strategy works for blind packs of IP characters because people are already sold on those. But the Highwayman has never been seen before (this design), so people aren't already sold on it.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I shared the exact same thing on WhiteFang's review. Casual people won't buy the Highwayman for a lot of reasons -- but more importantly, they don't know he even exists.

I don't think you need to figure out what's TLG is trying to do with the Highwayman. The sales performance of S17, in general, will speak for itself.

There is a Hamley's store nearby my place and they stack the blind bags on a circular dish. Previously they replenish every day (S15, S16 as I recall) but with this series, there is less interest; therefore, fewer boxes were opened and the rate of replenishment is much slower. It's also possible the price hike pushed many casual buyers away from buying this series.

Is anyone from Croatia here? Anyone going to use Hot Dog Vendor's legs and flesh muscle torso to make Mirko Crocop Filipovic? I wonder how it'd look, maybe with a brown Zane square fro.

9 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Is anyone from Croatia here? Anyone going to use Hot Dog Vendor's legs and flesh muscle torso to make Mirko Crocop Filipovic? I wonder how it'd look, maybe with a brown Zane square fro.

Huh. That guy sure likes to kick people in the head. Okay, then.

Highwayman officially unveiled1488x837-highwayman.png?l.r2=395378852

“Stand and deliver!”

If you should travel by carriage through the dark woods at night, beware the daring Highwayman! This black-clad robber may leap out of the shadows and stop you with a pointed pistol and a demand for all of your coins, jewels and treasure. Actually, he’ll do it during the daytime, too. As long as you have loot, he isn’t picky.

The Highwayman hides his face behind a mask and speaks gruffly to disguise his voice. He always works alone, not because he wants to keep all of the money for himself (although he does), but because even other ne’er-do-wells don’t get along with him. If you want to make a speedy getaway from the Highwayman, just threaten to splash mud on his collar’s ruffled lace jabot. It’s his prize possession, and he’s very protective of it!

Did anyone already seen these guys in toystores in the Netherlands? I heard they weren't for sale overhere, but i heard also the opposite. So which shops do i need to go to, to get my hands on corn guy and retro spacedude. 

On 5/8/2017 at 6:10 AM, legoman19892 said:

It is a popular streetwear brand from Japan.

Below is a face they use on a lot of hoodies.

If they do the surfboard camou then it's bape. I can see the resemblance of the shark's face tho. 

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote pictures.

10 hours ago, Borex said:

Did anyone already seen these guys in toystores in the Netherlands? I heard they weren't for sale overhere, but i heard also the opposite. So which shops do i need to go to, to get my hands on corn guy and retro spacedude. 

Since they aren't available in Belgium too, I have ordered the ones I wanted (veterinarian and connoisseur) online.

12 hours ago, Borex said:

I went to the Toys XL LEGO superstore in Middelburg, but they didn't have them (nor any summer sets, btw). This Dutch store has them online, but not at retail price though: http://losseminifiguren.nl/product-categorie/collectable-minifigures/

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I went to the Toys XL LEGO superstore in Middelburg, but they didn't have them (nor any summer sets, btw). This Dutch store has them online, but not at retail price though: http://losseminifiguren.nl/product-categorie/collectable-minifigures/

I've been to toys xl too, no luck there indeed. I asked last month if they would get them and one guy told me they were expecting them, but he also told me that there are people who buy whole boxes just as the boxes arrive. So it is a difficult challenge for us mortals. 

Thanks for the link, but i'll hold off buying figs for those prices. 

6 hours ago, Borex said:

Thanks for the link, but i'll hold off buying figs for those prices. 

That was the site I used to order them, but I didn't dare to advertise on this site. They deliver fast.

Don't forget a sealed bag (on the Lego site you can find them) costs €3,99 from now on. So I didn't mind buying a euro more for being certain I'd get the one I want.

Yeah, but they ask seven euros for corn cob guy and five and a half for retro space guy. I try my luck in the wild for now first. 

Still having crappy luck finding these. None in the town where I live, and I just hit another target on vacation and found one single retro spaceman (which I bought) but the new box the employee brought out was all batman. :wacko:

Got really friendly help at the Leicester Store in London, when I was there 1,5 ago. I asked a member of staff if he wanted to assist me in finding the three minifigs I wanted, and he did. Found them in 15 minutes. There where a lot of the Highway-men in one bowl. Overall a very pleasant experience in the shop and very friendly staff. Got three minifigures from the Build-a-Minifigure station, the hunting Easter eggs vignette and the Buckingham Palace architecture set.

I really love the vet and the chef :wub:. The French guy is cute.

Oh, and the dog and the bunny :wub:

So, yeah. Happy with this series!

Maybe this has been suggested on this thread or elsewhere before, but has anyone taken Rocket Suit Boy's classic grey torso and made a classic spaceman with the Dark Bluish Grey hands plucked and replaced with Bright Blue ones, then given a Bright Blue racer helmet with Trans-yellow visor and Bright Blue air tanks. Now maybe most classic spacers like uniform colored spacemen, but this combination would match the CS vehicle color scheme nicely I think. :classic: The only thing we don't have that would work well with this spaceman design would be dual molded Light Bluish Grey legs with Bright Blue boots. :sceptic: