Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

44 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Methinks you speak to soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a very specific reason we're seeing this hairpiece. But this is the wrong thread for that, I suppose :wink:

The CMF line has always been a place for parts to be moulded for licensed themes. I immediately thought Starman with that Retro Space bloke. Every time I look at a CMF wave I now wonder which part is being created for something else especially since the Zombie Cheerleader and Harley Quinn.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The CMF line has always been a place for parts to be moulded for licensed themes. I immediately thought Starman with that Retro Space bloke. Every time I look at a CMF wave I now wonder which part is being created for something else especially since the Zombie Cheerleader and Harley Quinn.

The Zombie Cheerleader/Harley Quinn thing was way too obvious :laugh:

It's like the S9 Forest Maiden. They blatantly made her just to introduce a piece for a lincensed D2C set, since those rarely include new molds. They even admitted it in the Character Encyplopedia book

Image result for lego series 9 forest maiden

Or the S13 Goblin for Norman Osborn in the Spidey theme...or the Tiger Woman for Julie Newmar. It's a great way to sneak in molds without having to pay for the license.

I thought that the circus strongman has a built-up weight (by a bar and two balls), but I just noticed that it is looks like a brandnew mould. Am I the only one who missed that?

Also I think that the female elf has the older, knights kingdom shield (I am not sure about this, just wanna be thought-provoking :D )

Edited by ENDerke

17 minutes ago, ENDerke said:

Also I think that the female elf has the older, knights kingdom shield (I am not sure about this, just wanna be thought-provoking :D )

I don't know about knights kingdom, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like the classic original shield.

3846p4g.jpg

The shield looks to be too high, and too close to her body, in the image for the straight on angle. I'm reasonably certain that it is the large triangular shield.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

The shield looks to be too high, and too close to her body, in the image for the straight on angle. I'm reasonably certain that it is the large triangular shield.

I hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Talking of dc characters and cmf parts, there's a lobo film in the works and he has a pet bulldog....

23 hours ago, gedren_y said:

It's not printing, the legs are dual molded. This has been around for a while now.

That totally went past me. I completely forgot. :laugh: I guess I'm just ready for the weekend. 

18 hours ago, Moon knight said:

Yes, something I put together a year ago,  he has normal legs, but I see what you mean.

Cool. For a second there, I really thought it was our mystery figure.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think the Highwayman will be very close to Moon Knight's profile pic

Exactly.

12 hours ago, Moon knight said:

Talking of dc characters and cmf parts, there's a lobo film in the works and he has a pet bulldog....

Haha, a Lego Lobo would be nice, but that is definitely something we will never see. At least not as an official set ...

On 2/21/2017 at 3:37 PM, ENDerke said:

I thought that the circus strongman has a built-up weight (by a bar and two balls), but I just noticed that it is looks like a brandnew mould. Am I the only one who missed that?

I assumed it was a bar with two printed balls since it seemed more reasonable to have a new print than a new mould. But I wondered...

22 minutes ago, mscott71 said:

I assumed it was a bar with two printed balls since it seemed more reasonable to have a new print than a new mould. But I wondered...

Seconded.

It sure seems to me that the elf shield is the original triangular mold.  The handle type of the new, taller shield does not allow the same range of motion as the old-style handle.  With the position and angle of the shield away from the body, it seems that this is the classic triangular shield being held by the vertical handle stub.  I am not sure whether I prefer the original design or the taller shield, and I might be wrong about my suspicions.

I would also say that the circus strongman weights appears to be a new mold.  If it were balls on the ends of a bar, the flat edge around the hole would be visible.  The print on the balls would also either need to be on both sides of the ball or be two different printed pieces to keep from having an upside-down 100 on one side.  It sure looks like a new mold for the weight, but, again, I might be wrong on this.

The hammer in black and the hotdog in dark red are parts that certainly have my interest.

I am still greatly looking forward to the highwayman, as that is likely my most interesting CMF of this series.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:32 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

Methinks you speak to soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a very specific reason we're seeing this hairpiece. But this is the wrong thread for that, I suppose :wink:

According to the employees at the two Lego Stores near me, Harry Potter sets are the #1 license people come in looking for which they do not have.

5 hours ago, MicroJow said:

According to the employees at the two Lego Stores near me, Harry Potter sets are the #1 license people come in looking for which they do not have.

Not surprising at all.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, Brick Dangerous said:

Haha, a Lego Lobo would be nice, but that is definitely something we will never see. At least not as an official set ...

I would definitely bet against you. With no hesitation :wink:

Edited by rob-ot5000

13 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Hearing we are only getting one normal wave again next year really irritates me since the minifigures are the whole reason I got into Lego in the first place. It also makes the inclusion of minifigures like the surfer and the dance instructor we're getting in Series 17 seem even MORE of a bad, redundant decision since we're not getting fresh characters for presumably another whole year.

There has to something we don't know about the surfers. Maybe people keep asking to LEGO for more. 

Because they are relasing one in CMF S17 and another one in the City line, which looks very similar

60163-1.jpg?201702181036

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There has to something we don't know about the surfers. Maybe people keep asking to LEGO for more. 

Because they are relasing one in CMF S17 and another one in the City line, which looks very similar

I think the designers just have fascination on surfing in general. I collect surfers too..

What I want to see TLG doing more is releasing bare-naked torsos not only for surfers or beach-goers but for a lot of other purpose.

16 hours ago, Slegengr said:

The hammer in black and the hotdog in dark red are parts that certainly have my interest.

I think the hammer might be in pearl dark grey.  Either way, it will be very nice.

6 hours ago, x105Black said:

I think the hammer might be in pearl dark grey

That would be even better!  I hope you are right, and, on closer inspection of the image, I think you are correct!

16 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Not surprising at all.

I would definitely bet against you. With no hesitation :wink:

We are still talking about the Lobo whose name translates to "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it", right? The same Lobo who killed Santa Claus?

Who would be next then? Judge Dredd? Sláine? Punisher? Preacher's Cassidy? ;)

So yeah, I guess I'd be willing to bet on it. Hmm, unless you know something ... But I guess this isn't the right thread for this kind of speculation, since we know he won't be a Series 17 CMF, at least. ;)

10 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

We are still talking about the Lobo whose name translates to "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it", right? The same Lobo who killed Santa Claus?

Who would be next then? Judge Dredd? Sláine? Punisher? Preacher's Cassidy? ;)

So yeah, I guess I'd be willing to bet on it. Hmm, unless you know something ... But I guess this isn't the right thread for this kind of speculation, since we know he won't be a Series 17 CMF, at least. ;)

Indeed.

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Anytime I see someone replying to this topic I hope it's the picture of the highwayman.
This time that's my fault.

Aaaaaand now it's my fault :hmpf_bad: 

:wink:

On 2/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, makoy said:

What I want to see TLG doing more is releasing bare-naked torsos not only for surfers or beach-goers but for a lot of other purpose.

Lol. Oh really?? And what are these other "purposes" you speak of or maybe I don't want to know...

2 hours ago, 22kane said:

Lol. Oh really?? And what are these other "purposes" you speak of or maybe I don't want to know...

:grin: I know I'll get this kind of reply but whatever...

I can think of fight club, gym, training, etc... ?