Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

I LOVE the the Frenchman and Retro Space hero (dat raygun). The dwarf, Rocket kid, and Hotdog vendor are alright. The rest are just kinda "meh" for me. It really sucks that the Highwayman is shaping up to be another limited edition fig, as unlike Mr. Gold, I can actually use that type of figure in my favorite things to build.

20 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

Why is that?

It would probably be misinterpreted as a euthanasia-in-progress. 

Why does the French Guy come with a dog?

It's a French bulldog, and it's an excuse to give us more animals. Although a poodle might have been too cliche, that would have been nice too.

Edited by 8BrickMario

50 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I LOVE the the Frenchman and Retro Space hero (dat raygun). The dwarf, Rocket kid, and Hotdog vendor are alright. The rest are just kinda "meh" for me. It really sucks that the Highwayman is shaping up to be another limited edition fig, as unlike Mr. Gold, I can actually use that type of figure in my favorite things to build.

He will not be another limited edition as mr Gold, because they are 16 figures including him!

Btw I Hope he will have something special, donnow what...

Edited by Giac88

Just now, Giac88 said:

He will not be another limited editi

He will not be another limited edition as mr Gold! The are 16 figures including him!

Btw I Hope he will have something special, donnow WhatsApp...

Oh. I was just worried 'cause he was still blacked out.

Not normally a fan of corn but the Corn Cob Suit Guy is awesome.

Rocket Boy is cool.

Butterfly Suit Girl is so cute.

Gourmet Chef is great, that whisk and pie.

Circus Strongman is cool especially with the "100" printing on the weights.

Pass on the Elf Maiden.

Battle Dwarf might be cool with the hammer and red Mohawk and that axe.

Pass on the Retro Spaceman.

I gotta get the Yuppie with the cellphone, sunnies, hair and that white jacket (which I thought was a lab coat at first).

The Connoisseur looks exactly like a stereotypical french guy and I do love the dog.

The Dance Instructor has some unique (and cool) clothes and I just love that printed water bottle.

Need to see a picture of the Highwayman to make up my mind although I dont generally go for historic figures like that.

The surfer is neat and more surfboards are always worth adding to my collection.

Pass on the Roman Gladiator.

Love the Hot Dog Vendor, I have a hot dog cart MOC built that he will be perfect for once I can get one.

The Veterinarian is also cool, love the new Rabbit. I recon the torso might work for a female doctor as well (not 100% sure though)

Since I'm also a big fan of the modular series, I will definitively get the corn cob suit guy, the gourmet chef, le frenchman avec son bouledogue, the hotdog vendor as well as the veterinarian to add some color to my city !

Edited by Hippocampe

Now has anyone worked out who the retro spaceman is mean't to be ?

Clue anyone ?

url4.jpg 

Flash Gordon and perhaps Buck Rogers as well, though the flash symbol on the torso is a dead give away. Plus the ray gun looks totally retro 1930's sci-fi so too the helmet......mmm, sounds like I might be doing my first real sci-fi MOCing later in the year ! :grin:.

What a great series, I love all of these :wub: I especially adore the two new animal moulds :laugh: This is now the fourth CMF series in a row that includes two animals as accessories (fifth if you count the fossil in series 13), hopefully they keep this up :thumbup: Other highlights in terms of parts are the dark red sausage, Finn's hairpiece in dark brown, that hilarious shark surfboard, the strawberry pie, the recoloured Squishee (about friggin time!) and the recoloured Wyldstyle hairpiece. 

7 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Now has anyone worked out who the retro spaceman is mean't to be ?

Clue anyone ?

url4.jpg 

Flash Gordon and perhaps Buck Rogers as well, though the flash symbol on the torso is a dead give away. Plus the ray gun looks totally retro 1930's sci-fi so too the helmet......mmm, sounds like I might be doing my first real sci-fi MOCing later in the year ! :grin:.

The Retro Spaceman isn't a hero, he's a villain. Look at his expression, the helmet, and the details on the costume. He even has a pot belly. He looks like a henchman for Ming the Merciless.

17 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

Since I'm also a big fan of the modular series, I will definitively get the corn cob suit guy, the gourmet chef, le frenchman avec son bouledogue, the hotdog vendor as well as the veterinarian to add some color to my city !

And the dance instructor for your dance school

Great series, in my opinion! I find this much more exciting than Series 16, which was a bit boring compared to the few previous series for me. Can't believe we're already at Series 17. I still remember when I read rumors about Lego introducing a theme with minifigs in blind bags "based on movies, everyday life, and history". It's been awesome and I can't wait to add these to my currently complete collection of numbered series! (Except for you, Mr. Gold, but shhh).

17 minutes ago, Borex said:

And the dance instructor for your dance school

Well, I'm not sure yet about her, since I already have the fitness instructor from another series... But maybe she could be a student 

Of course, the one I am most interested in is the one still blanked out :wacko:

As a collector of Pirate/Space collectible minifigures, none of the rest interest me... only the retro spaceman's retro gun. I feel the figure itself won't fit with my Space collection?

Also the figure has that subtle gender bias. If we're getting a male and a female version of a figure, the male will come first. If the character is a one-off, like this one will probably be, it'll always be 'traditional' gender for that minifig.

Edited by David Thomsen

20 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

Of course, the one I am most interested in is the one still blanked out :wacko:

As a collector of Pirate/Space collectible minifigures, none of the rest interest me... only the retro spaceman's retro gun. I feel the figure itself won't fit with my Space collection?

Also the figure has that subtle gender bias. If we're getting a male and a female version of a figure, the male will come first. If the character is a one-off, like this one will probably be, it'll always be 'traditional' gender for that minifig.

Not always. Spooky Girl, Tennis Player, Snowboarder and Lifeguard came first 

And there is a lot of female minifigures that might get a male counterpart in the future, like the Bride, the Fairytale Princess, the Dino Tracker, the Swimming Champion, etc

I highly doubt the Highwayman will be a limited edition figure like Mr. Gold, it's most likely that Lego is starting a new trend in minifigure series by having a "mystery" figure, represented only by a silhouette, present in each series from now on. There are plenty of other blind-bag brands that have certain mystery figures in them that you have to collect to know what they look like. 

That, or maybe maybe it is just a silhouette minifigure, molded completely in black with a "?" printed on the torso to confuse speculating Lego fans. :p

22 minutes ago, Mr bricking it said:

I highly doubt the Highwayman will be a limited edition figure like Mr. Gold, it's most likely that Lego is starting a new trend in minifigure series by having a "mystery" figure, represented only by a silhouette, present in each series from now on. There are plenty of other blind-bag brands that have certain mystery figures in them that you have to collect to know what they look like. 

That, or maybe maybe it is just a silhouette minifigure, molded completely in black with a "?" printed on the torso to confuse speculating Lego fans. :p

I agree... if you want to know it you have to buy it. Could be interesting

I think the silhouette thing is just a mistake. 

Probably someone just forgot to include the picture of the Highwayman

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I think the silhouette thing is just a mistake. 

Probably someone just forgot to include the picture of the Highwayman

Maybe they just haven´t decided on the final print and mold for the fig. ? ! 

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The Retro Spaceman isn't a hero, he's a villain. Look at his expression, the helmet, and the details on the costume. He even has a pot belly. He looks like a henchman for Ming the Merciless.

I think he's ambiguous. He's got a cheesy expression, but it's not totally evil- he could just be determined. We'll have to wait for the bio.

As for the Highwayman, if he's truly intended to be a surprise figure, it was awfully decent of them to give us a silhouette- feeling him out will be easy with that hat. 

I might be crazy, because that Gourmet Chef is giving me strong Emma Stone vibes...

Edited by 8BrickMario

4 minutes ago, KlodsBrik said:

Maybe they just haven´t decided on the final print and mold for the fig. ? ! 

The CMFs are designed a year before the release :classic:

That would be May 2016, in this case

Coming back to Lego recently, I really wanted CMF17 to have something nice I'd get excited about pursing, but guess not from today's box pic.

Past series I missed out on had quite a few nice characters with armor I'd want.

On 18/02/2017 at 4:09 PM, KristofBD said:

As a historic fan, I absolutely love the gladiator, the female elf and the dwarf!

Totally agree! As a fellow history/fantasy fan, those three are also my favourites. :thumbup:

The highwayman could be of interest.

I'm thinking that the retro spaceman armed with a suitable weapon (maybe a trident or cutlass) would make a fine fantasy character.

The rocket boy is cute. His hand drawn Classic Space flag is a nice nod to earlier minifigures/the first space theme.

@Yooha, Although there are similarities between the Battle Dwarf and the representation of Dain Ironfoot in the third Hobbit movie, the concept of a bare-chested, red-bearded, red-mohawked angry looking dwarf owes its origins to Games Workshop/Warhammer/Citadel Miniatures. They came up with the idea (though white-bearded and not bare-chested) as far back as the mid-1980s (and with the red beard and bare chest by 1990): Warhammer Dwarf Slayers from 1990. Here's one of their more recent depictions: 

highres_458444478.jpeg      

Edited by AmperZand
Added picture.