Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hope to see Mysterio get that eventually.

As a sidenote, when will we see the May collectible minifigure range?

I'd be surprised if we haven't seen at least a few more leaked bits by the middle of March. Looking back at series 16's info drip, by about this time last year we had the names of the entire line-up. Exactly a month later (March 6) a pic of the pack leaked. Bear in mind that S.16 was a Fall release, and that some of our info providers aren't here anymore.

We know they're likely in-production as we speak, or type, as the it were. The Chinese leaker should be gracing us with a picture of something soonish.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

I'd be surprised if we haven't seen at least a few more leaked bits by the middle of March. Looking back at series 16's info drip, by about this time last year we had the names of the entire line-up. Exactly a month later (March 6) a pic of the pack leaked. Bear in mind that S.16 was a Fall release, and that some of our info providers aren't here anymore.

We know they're likely in-production as we speak, or type, as the it were. The Chinese leaker should be gracing us with a picture of something soonish.

Thanks for the reply - just hope to get some more weird minifigures with new pieces. Only CMF's out at the moment are the Batman line-up and i have'nt decided yet if i'm going to try getting that series.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see them myself. CMF are my main LEGO thing, and I've acquired what I needed from the Batman Movie series some time ago. Argh! The waiting!

I can't wait to see if we'll get a new animal mold in series 17. I'm telling this because LEGO started to accustom us to have new animals in CMF (series 13 : cobra ; series 15 : skunk ; series 16 : penguin and dog ; series TLBM : lobster). But now we know we're getting 2 new animal molds in City Jungle, I'm wondering if we'll get a new one in this series.

Edited by notpennysboat

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

I can't wait to see if we'll get a new animal mold in series 17. I'm telling this because LEGO started to accustom us to have new animals in CMF (series 13 : cobra ; series 15 : skunk ; series 16 : penguin and dog ; series TLBM : lobster). But now we know we're getting 2 new animal molds in City Jungle, I'm wandering if we'll get a new one in this series.

Does an 80s cellphone count as an animal? I mean it's a bit of a beast. :p

20 minutes ago, Catanas said:

That would bring a whole new meaning to the term "brick phone..."

Edited by telaruhn

5 hours ago, Catanas said:

80's phone???

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I was thinking on something like this printed in a 2x1 title

That's not a cellphone. :P

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

I'm so excited for this serie... the hype is high :D Can't wait to see the rocket man and the butterfly girl

Towards the cellphone:

I think it will look more like a thicker 1x2 tile where the top and bottom stand out a bit and with something to hold in on the back. It would be crazy if they made in old stone grey ;)

Just now, Cagast said:

Wait, I think I'm lost, why are we all of sudden talking about 80's phone being a 'hint'?

Itaria hinted a minifigure related to the 80's and now Catanas is talking about a 80's cellphone. 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Itaria hinted a minifigure related to the 80's and now Catanas is talking about a 80's cellphone. 

Is Catanas supposed to be a "hinter"?

Also, what about 80's cellphone costume guy? (I know this one is not exactly 80's but I'm just trying to visualize it, I can see this kind of costume happening)

OA5Z7Ot.jpg

Edited by Cagast

I watched the IGN YouTube video interview with the CMF designer saying hotdog man was really popular. I don't get the appeal of hotdog man and banana man or this proposed rumored cellphone man. A Lego man inside a big Donald Duck mascot costume might be appealing though.

It can't be a Cellphone costume because the 80's character and the third costume are different hints (from Itaria), and therefore different characters

6 hours ago, Cagast said:

Is Catanas supposed to be a "hinter"?

Yes. He/she is. :classic:

17 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Zack Morris?

zack_morris_cell_phone_2.jpg

Good ol' Zack and his Motorola Dynatac. I can't wait to see this figure, whatever it turns out to be.

The 80's cell phone would most likely be a new part...It could double as a cool walkie-talkie. 

After searching it on Google, the term "Yuppie" means "young urban professional," and isn't strictly related to businessmen, so I think he could either be in work attire or stereotypical 80's street clothes. I think I would prefer the latter as suits haven't changed that drastically in 35 years. 

The term Yuppie is, IMHO, no less derogatory than Hippie, so I think the name could be used in the CMF line. Better than "80's Guy," which is the only other name I could think of. 

Edited by telaruhn

Yuppie has often been considered synonymous with preppie, which was Slater's nickname for Zack. It was the mention of the 80's brick phone that made me think of Zack, as evidenced by the above image. The blown out hair style, though, would be appropriate.

Yuppie was more young and upwardly mobile professional, don't know when urban got put in there, that is more of a modern interpretation.

Urban wasn't in yuppie. That was guppie; gay urban professional. There's a pretty good Bloom County comic strip that uses the term.

In yuppie, it is upwardly-mobile, a hyphenate.

Edited by gedren_y

Just thinking out loud, but the 80s phone reference might also go toward a Hipster ... you know, ironically using an old cell phone? Making the 80's great again by re-wearing and re-using 80s memorabilia? It's a stretch, I realize, but Robert8 did say that he had word that a figure he did a design for is in this series would appear, even though it's not his design, and he did design a Hipster minifigure (a good one, too, I might add). Food for thought.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Catanas said:

Thank you, so I think understand no new animal mold in this series but a 80s cellphone mold ?

Edited by notpennysboat