Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

A Town Crier wouldn't need a new mold for a bell, just the recent cone with handle piece. They could make it a dual mold, which would require a second mold, but that is unlikely. It is possible for it to be printed, but just producing the part in pearl silver or pearl gold would be enough.

Edited by gedren_y

5 hours ago, Cagast said:

The picture of corn suit mold was posted here on the day we found out there is a Corn Suit Guy, so that was never just a rumor.

...the point was corn puns. I wasn't being serious.

13 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

...the point was corn puns. I wasn't being serious.

After a second look... you are right, I didn't even notice. Well I am sorry, and corn-graculations on making that 7 pun cornbo, as punny posts on EB are rare. (yes I know my puns suck!)

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

A Town Crier wouldn't need a new mold for a bell, just the recent cone with handle piece. They could make it a dual mold, which would require a second mold, but that is unlikely. It is possible for it to be printed, but just producing the part in pearl silver or pearl gold would be enough.

Cone with a handle? That seems too simple and generic for a CMF.

9 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Aw shucks! I've really had an ear for the corn suit. Since I felt like there was a kernel of truth in the rumors, I've been stalking around for a while to find a picture like this! This is much to my amaizement! Yes, I know, very corny. If I didn't let it out I'd just pop though!

Oh shucks, no corny puns please. I laughed till my voice turned husky.

Consider the amount of parts the fig looks to be wearing in the image: tricorn, epaulets, cape, and something that may be the bow tie. After all that, this part for a bell may seem reasonable.

31 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh shucks, no corny puns please. I laughed till my voice turned husky.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy! :laugh:

I can't wait to see the official list. The hints and speculation on here have gone full National Treasure on here, and I love it!

34 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I can't wait to see the official list. The hints and speculation on here have gone full National Treasure on here, and I love it!

Agreed. I like how everybody went extremely deep with even with the tiniest hints. At this point more appropriate name for the thread would be CMF Series 17 Guessing Game. :tongue:

Just now, Mr bricking it said:

Are there going to be any Sci-Fi themed characters in this series? Those are the figures I look forward to the most. 

Yes, there will be 1, according to the hints :laugh:

Hmm... Let's rethink this figure... The tricorne is 18th century, during the American Revolution. So what about a Minuteman? Unless it's a more specific historical non-pirate figure...

Minutemen weren't pirates. They were militia for the American Colonies... So he would be like the Revolutionary Soldier.

A Highwayman is an interesting concept, but I don't think he would have something as militaristic as epaulettes.

Could the silhouette with the Tricorne Hat be a solider from the 18th century? I was reading about them and I learned that Men, Women, Patriots, and even Royalty. 

Edited by BrickFit26

Well, it's not the Knight Armor, and I don't really see the top ridges on epaulets, but that only leaves Hockey Armor and Conquistador Armor, and the latter of those hasn't been used for a long, long time, so I don't really think it's either of those... I dunno.

14 minutes ago, JGuy said:

Unfortunately, "minuteman" in Italian and Romanian is still "minuteman".

Then it could be under some other name, but I have no idea what it would be... Considering the names come from Google Translate, something would have most likely been lost in translation. Because of this, we can't say for certain that they would be official names in the translated language. 

The shape of the shoulders isn't exactly like the current epaulet mold, but I have no idea what else they could be if the character is historically accurate...

38 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Well, it's not the Knight Armor, and I don't really see the top ridges on epaulets, but that only leaves Hockey Armor and Conquistador Armor, and the latter of those hasn't been used for a long, long time, so I don't really think it's either of those... I dunno.

It could be so many things at this point. :wacko:

Tried out my Mr. Test figure wearing a cape, epaulets, a moustache (since I don't have that collar piece I thought it was), and a tricorn hat. He can't lift his arm high enough to match that silhouette, and even halfway stresses the epaulet element greatly on the right shoulder.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware the silhouette is probably a render.

Edited by obsidianheart

35 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Tried out my Mr. Test figure wearing a cape, epaulets, a moustache (since I don't have that collar piece I thought it was), and a tricorn hat. He can't lift his arm high enough to match that silhouette, and even halfway stresses the epaulet element greatly on the right shoulder.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware the silhouette is probably a render.

Then that means it is not the epaulet piece.

It looks like a cape. Something similar to the S13 Classic King/ S15 Queen's

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It looks like a cape. Something similar to the S13 Classic King/ S15 Queen's

I think you are right, especially since there is a visible plastic accessory around the neck, and they do not usually stack well.