Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Hi everybody :D 

Another italian here! Btw sorry for my english, I'll do a lot of mistakes.

Maybe I can help you a little, in italian 'tipo' and 'tizio' have exactly the same meaning, like 'guy' and 'dude', I guess; 'tipo' can mean 'kind' too (and so 'type', as in english in some situations, someone wrote It before), but it doesn't matter :)

The corn suit guy ('tipo in costume da pannocchia' sounds perfect in italian) should be amazing! I saw the picture and really love him, I'm gonna buy lot of them.

I think the chili pepper suit guy would have been fantastic too ('tipo in costume da peperoncino', in Italian), hope Lego will do it in the next series, cause I love peppers!

Can't wait to see the rocket suit guy too, it sounds amazing.

You are incredible, guys, I always read your guessing posts, and you are so good, you are better than investigators! 

Cheers! :D

13 minutes ago, Giac88 said:

Hi everybody :D 

Another italian here! Btw sorry for my english, I'll do a lot of mistakes.

Maybe I can help you a little, in italian 'tipo' and 'tizio' have exactly the same meaning, like 'guy' and 'dude', I guess; 'tipo' can mean 'kind' too (and so 'type', as in english in some situations, someone wrote It before), but it doesn't matter :)

The corn suit guy ('tipo in costume da pannocchia' sounds perfect in italian) should be amazing! I saw the picture and really love him, I'm gonna buy lot of them.

I think the chili pepper suit guy would have been fantastic too ('tipo in costume da peperoncino', in Italian), hope Lego will do it in the next series, cause I love peppers!

You are incredible, guys, I always read your guessing posts, and you are so good, you are better than investigators! 

Cheers! :D

Can I just check with you that y is an Italian letter, and if so, do you have any ideas what Itaria's y clue is?

Thanks!

The lego fan

24 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

Can I just check with you that y is an Italian letter, and if so, do you have any ideas what Itaria's y clue is?

Thanks!

The lego fan

Well, y isn't officially an italian letter...There are some words we usually use in Italian that begin with y, but all  words with foreign origins, as yogurt or yatch.

Thinking about jobs or acrivities, maybe yo-yo? Yuppie? Yoga? Yatchman?

Yuppie is highly related to the 80's! Isn't It? And yo-yo too

Edited by Giac88

5 hours ago, Giac88 said:

Well, y isn't officially an italian letter...There are some words we usually use in Italian that begin with y, but all  words with foreign origins, as yogurt or yatch.

Yuppie as a term was coined in the '80s. Not sure how you would discern a regular minifig businessman figure from a young urban professional minifig, but I'd like to see them try it. The yo-yo goes all the way back to the Greeks, and it's a fad that jumps up every generation, so I wouldn't peg it as an '80s thing. The same goes for yachtsmen and Yoga instructors, not expressly '80s phenomenona. Though there was a surge of interest in yoga in the '80s. So maybe?

I'm leaning towards yuppie, and if it is I can see a lot of white, aqua and bright pink parts in my future.

Edited by K_Tiger

It seems that the biggest ambiguity right now is whether A(C) refers to Astronauto (Cosmonauto) or Australiano (Canguro). The astronaut fits hint 15 very well, while the Australian fits hint 10.

Just to get a sense of what people think I set up a poll here. I will be interesting to see what people think is more likely.

Looking the corn cob suit guy, I was thinking that in the future it would be awesome a pop-corn guy :D Or a french fries guy, with a red box as body

What is exactly a Yuppie?

I googled it, and it seems it's just a businessman 

In that case I don't see how it can be a CMF

Edited by Robert8

Y could be a female Yeti. That would be something "bizzare" that "nobody thought would be made" like Itaria described it. 

10 hours ago, Giac88 said:

What? When was rocket suit guy confirmed?

I'd imagine that if it is an Australian (especially if it comes with an animal) that it would be either Steve Irwin inspired (with a kangaroo, crocodile, or really any other animal as long as it fits the initial) or Crocodile Dundee inspired (with a crocodile).

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'd imagine that if it is an Australian (especially if it comes with an animal) that it would be either Steve Irwin inspired (with a kangaroo, crocodile, or really any other animal as long as it fits the initial) or Crocodile Dundee inspired (with a crocodile).

I could go for both of those.

2 hours ago, Cagast said:

Y could be a female Yeti. That would be something "bizzare" that "nobody thought would be made" like Itaria described it.

That's a thought.

what themes are rumored that lego will never make? the only ones that i know of for sure are religious, social, modern warfare. perhapts it is along one of those lines?

Yuppie? Think new money country club. Slicked hair (too much product), polo shirt, gleaming teeth, if the minifig is male. Female might be a bit different. Either way, a cost saver.

Yeti female? Plausible. But not 80's specific.

Yoga? You mean Yogi. Difficult given the limits of the minifig limb rotations. Hindi styling? This would be more 60's or 70's.

maybe the limb restriction is the thing, Lego has made diffrent legs, wings and even arms for their minifigurs. perhapts this is a new mold for an upcoming theme? something that might be in ninjago, like a meditating master wu or something

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

I hope so.

23 hours ago, Giac88 said:

Thanks!

I'm thinking towards yuppie then.

The lego fan

16 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Yeti female? Plausible. But not 80's specific.

Why would it have to be 80's specific?

3 hours ago, Cagast said:

Why would it have to be 80's specific?

It wouldn't HAVE to be but one of Itaria's clues links to something that would make the 80's again and I don't see any of his other clues (on page 8) that would link to a female yeti.

The lego fan

36 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

It wouldn't HAVE to be but one of Itaria's clues links to something that would make the 80's again and I don't see any of his other clues (on page 8) that would link to a female yeti.

The lego fan

I was talking about this, 

13) Hello, I am a guy and this is totally bizarre. Really, nobody would have thought that I would have ever been a minifigure. And my price will sky-rocket. At least this is what Shintaku thinks.

But just now I realized "I am a guy" is there, so yeah, no female Yeti this time.

13 hours ago, Cagast said:

I was talking about this, 

13) Hello, I am a guy and this is totally bizarre. Really, nobody would have thought that I would have ever been a minifigure. And my price will sky-rocket. At least this is what Shintaku thinks.

But just now I realized "I am a guy" is there, so yeah, no female Yeti this time.

On 11 January 2017 at 6:18 PM, Cagast said:

What? When was rocket suit guy confirmed?

This is the clue that many have been speculating to be a rocket suit guy, but under my understanding it is not yet confirmed.

Only confirmed minifigures:

1. Circus strongman 

2. Butterfly suit 

3. Battle dwarf

4. Hot dog vendor

5. Also, the corn suit is ALMOST confirmed but not fully confirmed.

The lego fan

What?

The Corn Cob Suit Guy is the the most confirmed of them all. We have a picture of the mold

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What?

The Corn Cob Suit Guy is the the most confirmed of them all. We have a picture of the mold

Yes, I know.

It's just that no one who has a full list has confirmed it yet.

Still, I suppose it has to be.

The lego fan