Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

On 11/29/2016 at 10:46 AM, Loki221978 said:

im hoping for a monster like the invisible man or bride of frankenstein.  what other classic monsters are left?

Invisible man might be a possibility, although that would mean that TLG has either figured out how to reduce the poly-on-poly friction, or that there would still be opaque bits here and there.

Bride of Frankenstein is at best unlikely, at worst impossible. The original monster is based off Shelley's book and is now in the public domain, so anyone can use it. The Bride, however, is a Universal Studios creation, meaning if she did show up she would have to be licensed. Also, her look is so singular that I doubt there is a way to do a "looks-like" character without infringing on the IP.

that is very true, i can imagine that is why they have made either one, though they could do something like a clear headpiece with bandage printing and goggles on one side and a trenchcoat print on the torso, and i guess the closest we will get to the bride is the spider lady from the monsters set 

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 9:39 AM, rodiziorobs said:

Invisible man might be a possibility, although that would mean that TLG has either figured out how to reduce the poly-on-poly friction, or that there would still be opaque bits here and there.

Bride of Frankenstein is at best unlikely, at worst impossible. The original monster is based off Shelley's book and is now in the public domain, so anyone can use it. The Bride, however, is a Universal Studios creation, meaning if she did show up she would have to be licensed. Also, her look is so singular that I doubt there is a way to do a "looks-like" character without infringing on the IP.

The bride is mentioned in the book, but Frankestein never finished her. So she isn't an original character from Universal

About the IP infringement thing, they can go as far as the Fly Monster or the Wacky Witch

That been said, I don't think there will be monsters in this series since they seem to be now restricted for fall releases

Edited by Robert8

I think a green-skinned female companion to the Monster would suffice, it certainly would not have to look like The Bride as we know her. I have faith the Lego designers could come up with something interesting.

But I suppose this is wandering into "wishlist" territory rather than a discussion of Series 17.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:39 AM, rodiziorobs said:

This got me thinking: With all the dual-molding options available now, could they do a half-opaque/half-transparent arm or leg? I mean, It wouldn't work for the Invisible Man, but it might have other applications, if it were even a possibility.

2 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

could they do a half-opaque/half-transparent arm or leg?

It could be possible but if they do that then it won't be an invisible man... but Hollow Man instead! 

There's two minifigures in the series that I've heard about. One is the prince and the other is the food costume guy. Anyone want to take a guess and see if they get the food costume guy right?

15 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

There's two minifigures in the series that I've heard about. One is the prince and the other is the food costume guy. Anyone want to take a guess and see if they get the food costume guy right?

Sure, I'll give it a shot. How about a sandwich guy?

Just now, zoth33 said:

Pizza?

Ding ding ding! Yep :sweet: it's a pizza oriented year for Lego next year. The pizza van, the new slice of pizza piece, and now the mascot! 

YAS!!! Any idea if it's pepperoni? That's how I've always pictured it. :tongue:

Also I think I might have gotten that guess right on Itaria's guessing game!

Edit: Nevermind, I've just made some comments somewhere hoping for it. So excited! :moar:

So, just to recap, we have:

1. Butterfly Girl

2. Circus Strongman

3. Pizza Suit Dude

4. Prince Charming

5. Some other costumed fig

Have I missed anything?

Edited by BrickHat

I'm a little confused, I thought Itaria confirmed no pizza earlier in this thread? Not that I am complaining, mind you - I think a Pizza Suit Guy would be brilliant...

I'm confused...

Is there a pizza costume or not? The 2 posts are contradicting each other... @Itaria No Shintaku

18 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I confirm from my sources neither prince charming nor pizza suit guy.

So wait, is the food costume an apple?

I ask because the phrase @Itaria No Shintaku used was a favorite of Steve Jobs, and that's the only food connection I can see there.

Edit: if so, how is that going to fit in a bag?!

Edited by rodiziorobs

Just now, Robert8 said:

@amazingbricks?

Is your source trustable?

Because if they are not in CMFS17, maybe they are from Series 18?

Itaria is probably right. I heard about the two, but it wasn't set in stone. So, if he says no, then they're probably not in it. Maybe for series 18, but we don't know. But hey, at least someone knows something about this series.

What is going on does anybody know anything this is confusing. 

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I confirm from my sources neither prince charming nor pizza suit guy.

But there is a fantasy related minifigure correct?

There will be an apple costume, I believe?
I don't.

Fantasy minifigures?
Who knows. Do you see any castle theme this year?
I don't.

Do I think Lego will leave us without stuff fitting this theme?
See above.