Murdoch17

Neo Nexus Force - Odyssey II micro scale space station MOC

Space... vast and endless as time itself, yet filled with many lifeforms bound by Creativity.

The Odyssey project was designed to protect life from the forces of Chaos and Destruction, no matter the cost. But it serves another purpose too, as a gathering place of aliens races' leaders and a meeting of the great inventive minds in the universe. From times of war to times of peace, the Odyssey space station has stood proudly as a beacon of light to the many worlds darkened by the forces of evil.

Now that beacon is threatened by mysterious forces from beyond our dimension, plus old foes that have resurfaced in this time of peril. The plea has gone out for help to save Imagination...

Will YOU answer the Call?

32531400283_fb1a6c3a2f_z.jpg

Fictional info:

This space station (named Odyssey II) orbits the ice world of Beta Polaris, pointed at the direction of the trans-dimensional rip in space-time that leads to Lego Universe, ready to report any threat that may emerge from the space between spaces.

Odyssey II is both an advanced weapons research platform and a forum for great minds and leaders from throughout the universe.The station is the headquarters for the Neo Nexus Force, (in cooperation with the Norsta race, of course)  and the home of Nexus - Polaris University. This school focuses on the meaning of time and space itself, plus performing experiments on hyper-space streamlining, artificial gravity production, theoretical physics, and sports. (Let's go Nexo-nauts!)

32531684763_3585ff121a_z.jpg

(this picture has a description of the areas of the station. See here for a bigger look at the picture so you can read it!)

Their are meeting rooms on one of the half of the two arms of the station, which provides the gravity for this section like a centrifuge. As such, this section is laid out so that the "ground" is towards the ends of the arms, with the center having lower gravity and the non-public front and back of the station have none and you can float weightless in. The other one of the arms features a large research facility, with many libraries and even a small university focused on the study of space, time and the many mysteries therein.

The station also has "the wheel". This module provides living quarters for all the university staff, visitors, and station crew, and gravity is provided by the "ground" being the outer wall of the arms.

33304784786_2561f546da_z.jpg

The engines on this station allow it to move if need be, even through hyper-space, though this has never happened on a large scale beyond course correction and maintaining balance in it's orbit of Beta Polaris.

33304784976_8db8686a67_z.jpg

Here we see one of the Neo-Nexus Force ships (the cruiser Bright Hope) docked on one of the four "gravity locks". These allow for the ship to sync up with the station and crew / passengers to disembark the ship.

33304785136_0ca9fcc143_z.jpg

The solar panels on the station are actually detectors of chaos energy, which would mean the breach between Universes is open once more and the evil of the Maelstrom is coming through. This would mean the station would be evacuated of civilian personnel and the military forces bolstered, ready to attack the swirling mass of darkness.

30679035060_73b1b11f4f_z.jpg

The Bridge Hope in miniature scale. (This was designed by my brother to be a counterpart to the Odyssey II space station. It is based off my mini-figure scale ship of the same name: Bright Hope) This vessel is included in the LDD file.

(In reality the space station model was inspired by this model by DcotorSpock888: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_spock_888/20558633496/in/dateposted/ plus the Babylon 5 and Star Trek TV series', the Star Wars universe, and the old LEGO Universe massive multiplayer online game.)

As usual, Comments, Questions, and Complaints are welcome!

EDIT 3/9/17: The model has been updated, and the pictures retaken and uploaded.

Edited by Murdoch17

29881518410_02cf67c027_z.jpg

I updated the engine pods on the Odyssey II space station after seeing a older post by Flickr user Karf Oohlu (see  it here: flickr link ) and recreating the pods in my own way, with slight mods here and there.

29561531591_2db6a6df17_z.jpg

Here is the older version for comparison purposes.

LDD file and pictures updated for the first post!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 10/9/2016 at 2:12 PM, BrickJagger said:

Looks good. I like the usage of the brick separators. 

Thanks! I just added the real life pictures to the main post so you can see the model better.

31175025073_c8bb88c627_z.jpg

I've just built a micro scale version of this ship for my space station.

31610699210_a29eb043df_z.jpg

The ship has three engines, a quad-turret, and two canopies.

Edited by Murdoch17

BUMP: Main post revised 3/9/17: The model has been updated, and the pictures retaken and uploaded. A bigger picture showing off the sections of the station has been uploaded in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

32531684763_20de5c802b_o.jpg