Mencot

Heroica RPG - Quest#154: Confidence Game

Apparently the heroes doesn´t answer the guard anything. Blanton nods to the guard good night and then flicks the reins and the horse starts moving and goes through the gates into the streets of Luosh.

Going down the streets they finally arrive in a upper class district and drives to a big house surrounded by walls of it own, they leave the horse and cart at the stables and walk up to a domus style residence.

29295893213_af8777e2da.jpg

29547828442_902016939a_t.jpg

"Alright we are finally here, a long trip. You have any questions before we go inside, anything you wanna know about the quest or Mr Tweed?"

What will the heroes do?

Zanna coughs a bit, a loud noise compared to her unusual silence along the rest of the journey.  She clears her throat, but it's clear that something is wrong with her voice--perhaps a bit of trail rations stuck in her throat or the forum upgrade making it hard to figure out how do do her special voice color or some other such minor annoyance.  She shrugs apologetically, and just casually stands waiting for orders.

Zanna finally manages to clear her throat.  "We still do not know what we are here to do.  Will your...'boss'?...tell us?"

"Eh, yes he will tell you all you need to know. And good, so lets go meet him."

Blanton knocks on the door couple of times. A few seconds pass and the sound of the lock opening and the door swings open.

29839372191_60c15296eb.jpg

Two big guards walk out through the door. The first one says to Blanton and laughs.

29032503614_2a60a20f68_t.jpg

"Look, Chuck who we have here, isn´t it Blanton the bookworm!"

29032503274_b53888e2b4_t.jpg

"Yea, yeh r late. Did yeh trip over a book or something?" har harh the other continues then he looks at the heroes

"Who do we have here? Look Harry what bookworm brought with him... these are the "Heroes"! Hahahahahha "More like Freakshow!"

"Yea, freaks and weak. Mr Tweed did ask for real warriors, like those who saved Luosh awhile back.... he is going to be SO dissapointed." Hahaah

"A good the dumbwit brothers. Heroes ignore these two." He turns to the first guard "Get out of the way, Mr Tweed is awaiting us."

"Ah, yes he is. Many hours he has been waiting on you... but no we wont move, ain´t that right Chuck?

"Nay, we won´t move... yeh got a pay us first!" HAr Har har

The both guards laugh and stand in the way of the door.

Blanton shakes his head and tries to push through but he is not strong enough to nudge the guards . "Everytime the same thing, get out of the way."

What will the heroes respond.

Edited by Mencot

1 hour ago, Mencot said:

"Yea, freaks and weak. Mr Tweed did ask for real warriors, like those who saved Luosh awhile back.... he is going to be SO dissapointed." Hahaah

Boris smiled, his fangs obviously showing. "That was quite the yellow-washed group from what I've heard, wasn't it? Now what's this about payment?"

"Ah a little payment, to "grease" that everything goes smoothly around here." The first guard says with a smile but then he actually look more closely at Boris and sees his fangs. His fangs shine up in the moonlight as Boris grins at the guards. The guard screams out in horror and he backs into the doorframe, Cluthing for his sword.

"Aah, a monster. "

"A a va. .Vampire! What kind of doom have yeh brought here, Blanton?"

Edited by Mencot

2 hours ago, Mencot said:

"Eh, yes he will tell you all you need to know. And good, so lets go meet him."

Blanton knocks on the door couple of times. A few seconds pass and the sound of the lock opening and the door swings open.

29839372191_60c15296eb.jpg

Two big guards walk out through the door. The first one says to Blanton and laughs.

"Look, Chuck who we have here, isn´t it Blanton the bookworm!"

"Yea, yeh r late. Did yeh trip over a book or something?" har harh the other continues then he looks at the heroes

"Who do we have here? Look Harry what bookworm brought with him... these are the "Heroes"! Hahahahahha "More like Freakshow!"

"A good the dumbwit brothers. Heroes ignore these two." He turns to the first guard "Get out of the way, Mr Tweed is awaiting us."

"Ah, yes he is. Many hours he has been waiting on you... but no we wont move, ain´t that right Chuck?

"Nay, we won´t move... yeh got a pay us first!" HAr Har har

The both guards laugh and stand in the way of the door.

Blanton shakes his head and tries to push through but he is not strong enough to nudge the guards . "Everytime the same thing, get out of the way."

What will the heroes respond.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Boris smiled, his fangs obviously showing. "That was quite the yellow-washed group from what I've heard, wasn't it? Now what's this about payment?"

38 minutes ago, Mencot said:

"Ah a little payment, to "grease" that everything goes smoothly around here." The first guard says with a smile but then he actually look more closely at Boris and sees his fangs. His fangs shine up in the moonlight as Boris grins at the guards. The guard screams out in horror and he backs into the doorframe, Cluthing for his sword.

"Aah, a monster. "

"We have a job with the Mister Tweed," Zanna replies in her halting Common.  "You will move."

Addok-Zo bursts out in laughter.  He has seen far more intimidating people than these two bozos looking for a free handout.  He pulls out his hand cannon.  "You will move or die.  Either way, I will be speaking with Mr. Tweed."

14 hours ago, Mencot said:

"Aah, a monster. "

"One upon your master's enemies. You both work for Mr. Tweed, so seeing how no grease should be necessary, you're threatening robbery. What would your employer have to say to that?"

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Addok-Zo bursts out in laughter.  He has seen far more intimidating people than these two bozos looking for a free handout.  He pulls out his hand cannon.  "You will move or die.  Either way, I will be speaking with Mr. Tweed."

"Now Addok, no need for violence, I'm sure these gentlemen simply didn't have the time or forbid it, capacity, to realize the unnecessity for their misguided reaction."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Yes, get out of our way you baboons."

As the Blanton, the heroes and the guards argue a loud voice is heard from the inside. "What is this nonsence!"

When the heroes look inside they can see a man dressed in black.

29877206542_35eb0abb43.jpg

He looks at the guards and says,

29316862233_67a0fb6f4b_t.jpg

"Aren´t you two suppose to be doing something else? If you two don´t get to your posts immediately, you will be cleaning the floors for the next month."

29032503274_b53888e2b4_t.jpg29032503614_2a60a20f68_t.jpg

"B but... yes sir."

"And William, get cleaned up and meet us at the office. Heroes follow me."

"Eh, yes. Thank you sir."

What will the heroes do?

"Good dogs."  Addok-Zo mutters just before the two guards run away.

He follows the old man.  "You must be Mr. Tweed, correct?"

Zanna relaxes slightly, moving her hand off the hilt of her dagger as the meddling guards leave.   She follows the man obediently, apparently content to let the Bruhalv and the Addok-zo handle the diplomacy.

8 hours ago, Goliath said:

"Good dogs."  Addok-Zo mutters just before the two guards run away.

He follows the old man.  "You must be Mr. Tweed, correct?"

As they walk towards the house, the heroes has a hard time keeping up with the man.

"Yes, you are correct. I am Maxwell Tweed." 

37 minutes ago, Flipz said:

Zanna relaxes slightly, moving her hand off the hilt of her dagger as the meddling guards leave.   She follows the man obediently, apparently content to let the Bruhalv and the Addok-zo handle the diplomacy.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Boris follows behind Mr. Tweed. "Have those two been with you long?"

"You mean those two guards? Yes they have, seems like I am paying them too much if they have time to chat around like that. Hard to find competent underlings these days."

He looks at the heroes getting behind and he says without stoping or slowing down.

"Keep up, time is money."

52 minutes ago, Mencot said:

"Keep up, time is money."

As she accelerates her pace, Zanna checks her coin-pouch for any unexpected additions (or deficiencies, as the more likely case seems to be).  Upon not finding gold pouring itself into her pockets as the phrase seemed to indicate, she stares at Tweed with an expression of utter confusion.

The heroes follow mr Tweed into the house and up to the second floor, where they enter a room. Tweed removes his hood and turns to the heroes and says,

29363101374_6204e5f024.jpg

"Before the others join us, I think a proper introduction is in place, I am Maxwell Tweed, businessman and banker here in Luosh and your employer."

He looks at the heroes more carefuly, and extends his hand to them "Hmm, I always want to know who  I have the honor to work with?"

Edited by Mencot

"That is quite the reputation.  I assume we will be paid... handsomely, no?"  Addok-Zo gives a serious look.

"Anyway, my name is Addok-Zo Obbex, freelancer for hire.  Anything you want done, just name it.  I always get the job done."

"My name is Zannaqim.  I am msh'ksk of the tribe of Heroica.  I am here to fight worthy enemies.*I hope...* the Selkreeth warrior thinks, her suspicions sufficiently stoked by the waffling and delays of both the Blanton and the Tweed.  "I am a...person...of action, so if it would not be rude, please tell us why you need us as soon as you can.  I wish to get to work."

Mr Tweed looks out the window as he removes his cloak.

15 hours ago, Goliath said:

"That is quite the reputation.  I assume we will be paid... handsomely, no?"  Addok-Zo gives a serious look.

"Anyway, my name is Addok-Zo Obbex, freelancer for hire.  Anything you want done, just name it.  I always get the job done."

9 hours ago, Flipz said:

"My name is Zannaqim.  I am msh'ksk of the tribe of Heroica.  I am here to fight worthy enemies.*I hope...* the Selkreeth warrior thinks, her suspicions sufficiently stoked by the waffling and delays of both the Blanton and the Tweed.  "I am a...person...of action, so if it would not be rude, please tell us why you need us as soon as you can.  I wish to get to work."

"Pleasure to meet you, sounds good that you are eager to get to work. But as you can see it is dark outside, almost midnight. Can´t believe it took you this long getting here, the job will be pushed till dawn, unfortunately because of this delay.  But I will ofcourse take that up with Blanton."

"Don´t understand how it takes a whole day to get from Eubric to Luosh by horse." He walks over to the door looks out into the hallway and when he sees it is empty he comes back into the room and closes the door behind him. He talks more quietly.

"Why you are here! I guess William filled in with some details about our current situation, no? That I have been loosing gold to some lowlife bandits?"

"Your job is simple, you have been hired to act as guards to protect the next gold transport from here to Eubric. You will be on one of the two carts that will leave tomorrow."

He further lowers his voice. "What won´t be know is that, which one of the carts actually will have the gold. You will be on the one that leaves at dawn."

He talks normally again,

"And for payment for getting this job done will be 100 gold, each, that was agreed earlier."

Edited by Mencot

13 hours ago, Mencot said:

"Before the others join us, I think a proper introduction is in place, I am Maxwell Tweed, businessman and banker here in Luosh and your employer."

He looks at the heroes more carefuly, and extends his hand to them "Hmm, I always want to know who  I have the honor to work with?"

"Boris Bruhalv, cleric of Heroica. It's good to meet you in person."

37 minutes ago, Mencot said:

Mr Tweed looks out the window as he removes his cloak.

"Pleasure to meet you, sounds good that you are eager to get to work. But as you can see it is dark outside, almost midnight. Can´t believe it took you this long getting here, the job will be pushed till dawn, unfortunately because of this delay. "

"Don´t understand how it takes a whole day to get from Eubric to Luosh by horse." He walks over to the door looks out into the hallway and when he sees it is empty he comes back into the room and closes the door behind him. He talks more quietly.

"Why you are here! I guess William filled in with some details about our current situation, no? That I have been loosing gold by raiding bandits?"

"Your job is simple, you have been hired to act as guards to protect the next gold transport from here to Eubric. You will be on one of the two carts that will leave tomorrow."

He further lowers his voice. "What won´t be know is that, which one of the carts actually will have the gold. You will be on the one that leaves at dawn."

He talks normally again,

"And for payment for getting this job done will be 100 gold, each."

"So I assume we'll be on the one with the gold then? Any ideas who might be behind this all?"

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Boris Bruhalv, cleric of Heroica. It's good to meet you in person."

"So I assume we'll be on the one with the gold then? Any ideas who might be behind this all?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Bruhalv. And yes you heroes will be on it."

Tweed sits down behind his desk.

"We have rooted it down that we know it is a inside job.

My former counslor told me before the raid where he dissapeared that he had found out something shocking that needed to be investigated. Never heard what he had founded out."

"But tomorrow, with these new arrangements we will hopefuly find out and put a end to this all."

"Because the only ones who will know about these new plans are going to be in this room, tonight.

"So if the bandits know which cart to raid then we know it is someone in this room that is the spy."

Edited by Mencot

QM note: We will be away over the weekend, so there will be less updates for the next few days.

"Let me go through the plan for you in detail. Tomorrow morning two gold transports will leave here towards Eubric, there will be a small time delay between when they leave and you three and two others will guard the first one.  There will be 8 locked and sealed gold chests, four each per vagon. Four chests with gold and four with stones, and I will privately investigate every chest and then seal them off. After that the four with gold will be placed on the vagon that you will protect. Any questions?"

Edited by Mencot

"And who will be with us?"  The unasked question--'And will they really be with us?'--hangs heavy upon the air.  "If there is a tri...tray...vahnrksk with us who acts against us, how will we know which one it is?"  Zanna looks around for the Blanton.  "And does the Blanton know our plan?"