27 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• 1-poor
    • 2-not horrible
    • 3-average
    • 4-good
    • 5-excellent

indexed.gif

Well, I got this set MISB for my birthday, 8 years late X-D . At ?3 ($6), it's pretty cheap - almost the same as the current impulse line, but with far more pieces...additionally, the box was so crammed full of pieces that it was difficult to open! Unlike the modern castle sets... |-/ so much for packaging reductions...

5925-1.1187741674.jpg

Anyway, for ?3, you get a figure, Harry Cane, a ton of accesories and a decent sized inter-war era pontoon plane - it can land on rivers and lakes e.t.c - it completes the Adventurers aviation section - 2 biplanes, a pontoon plane, a zepellin and a hot air balloon.

The box is nothing special, with all the alternate models (a boat and hovercraft - not great, but the part selection means you can build a lot extra) and action poses on the back of the instructions:

5925a.jpg

Harry Cane, with accessories to the right and spare parts to the left:

5925b.jpg

The plane is a lovely, simple build - after the second construction I could do it off by heart. The top wings are a little weak, but the sheer coolness of the propellors makes up for this - when you blow them, they turn!

5925c.jpg

The cockpit is a little small, as is the windshield - his head pops out the top of the plane :-P . The pickaxe and spade clip onto the back of the engines in true Adventurers style - impractical but awesome!

5925d.jpg

The storage compartment can fit all the accessories and spare parts at the same time! I was surprised that it contains 2 revolvers - most unusual! The only problem with the locker is that the binoculars and revolver tend to fall out if Harry isn't in his seat - it isn't sealed... |-/

5925e.jpg

This is a great set - cheap, full of the Adventurers' rough charm and very playable, as well as mega-swooshable and crashable!

If some kind admin could add a poll...

SlyOwl

Edited by WhiteFang
This review is added to the index.

Old set, new review! Nice. I really like this set and use to "swoosh" it around with the Baron's bi-plane.

Here's a shot of mine in Port Adventure:

moc2.jpg

It's nice to see that the new Indiana Jones sets are bringing back interest in Adventurers - great theme!

Thanks SlyOwl for the awesome review. This is one of my all-time favorite sets. I don't know what I like so much about it, but I bought several of them the year that was released. My Rottweiler ate one of them. |-/ But I am surprised this doesn't go for more on Bricklink. It's such a great set, especially considering it came from the time of juniorization. It's great to see it here again. I wonder how many more I have left MISB...

What poll did you want added, BTW?

I've always liked the little planes from the Adventurers line, and this one is no exception. It's great for the price, and comes with some nice pieces and a good figure. I don't like this one quite as much as some of the other biplanes though, so it only gets a four from me.

Now, here's the poll... :-$
Here's your poll SlyOwl X-D
Thanks SlyOwl for the awesome review. This is one of my all-time favorite sets. I don't know what I like so much about it, but I bought several of them the year that was released. My Rottweiler ate one of them. |-/ But I am surprised this doesn't go for more on Bricklink. It's such a great set, especially considering it came from the time of juniorization. It's great to see it here again. I wonder how many more I have left MISB...

What poll did you want added, BTW?

Hinkley! Ypu know better than to TRIPLE post!

Edited by Indy565

Nice review *sweet* I love that Harry Cane minifig, especially the face *wub* This looks like a great set for that little money :-)

I just did a review of the Dragon Fortress and the Temple of Mount Everest, but our computer got a virus of some sort and it takes about 20 minutes to upload one photo |-/

Hinkley! Ypu know better than to TRIPLE post!

Spell my name correctly and don't correct me. Those post were from trying to add the poll, which it turns out I didn't know exactly how to do at first. :-$ Anway, don't forget, it's not up to you to correct people.

Spell my name correctly and don't correct me. Those post were from trying to add the poll, which it turns out I didn't know exactly how to do at first. :-$ Anway, don't forget, it's not up to you to correct people.

I was just joking, Hinckley!

I was just joking, Hinckley!

Oh, sorry. Didn't know. Put one of these with jokes: X-D :-P :-D :-) ;-) It helps to make sure people know it's a joke. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know. Put one of these with jokes: X-D :-P :-D :-) ;-) It helps to make sure people know it's a joke. Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry. I thought it would be funny because I always see you telling people not to double post! :-D

Alright, back to topic. Airplanes of this design tend to be a bit on the small side for my taste, but otherwise it's actually kinda cute, so I voted 4. And for about $6 it is very good value for your money I think! *sweet*

Nice review *sweet* I love that Harry Cane minifig, especially the face *wub* This looks like a great set for that little money :-)

I just did a review of the Dragon Fortress and the Temple of Mount Everest, but our computer got a virus of some sort and it takes about 20 minutes to upload one photo |-/