Sign in to follow this  
sam89

'Guests'

I've noticed lately that there has been a lot of guests posting on here (especially in the 10131 thread), I'm wondering if there's anyway to make it so you can't post in this forum unless you're a member. Now I have nothing against people posting who don't want to join, but it seems like it would cause lots of spammers (like a recent post in the 10131 thread), since there's no way of banning someone if they're not a member.

Just wonderin' ^_^

We have a spam protection. It was a choice to let people choose if they want to register or not. But with the recent 10131 story, I now have some doubts :blink: Interesting thing you've noticed Sam, I want the opiion of the other

I don't think its right for them to be posting messages like that. If they want to post their opinions then they should join up I think!

Jon.

Now people have to register before vieing the board. Thx both for the comments. What were exactly the thing wth the edited mesage ?

Thanks for doing that jipay, now we will have a better forum, hopefully, Spam free.

As for the message. I don't know what they said exactly but I thought it appropriate to give a warning, even though it wasn't a member.

Jon.

You did the right thing. I 100% cautionate your action.

Let's hope it won't happen again.

I also want to keep this forum a nice place ;)

Edit : already one new member :lol: I like your idea sam ! :P

Well I think it's good that you have to join now. I don't see any reason for not joining if you're going to post more than once, like some people have.

another new member ! Let's make this community grow. I agree, and registration is also a way to mod people.

But now people have to regsiter even to view the board, which I find also normal since we are discussing very important things here like how apophys will stay alive by only eating pasta all the day long :P

But now people have to regsiter even to view the board

But now the link of 10131 we posted on FBTB wont work to people who haven't registered :o

That could be a good thing since people will have to join to see the pic, but that could mean that lots of people wont see the pic, or we'll get non-Europeans joining the boards.

So I think you might have to change it back to so everyone can see the board jipay :o

I think it would be a good idea if people have to post which country they are from, I think it is only a option to do so at the moment. We would know where people are from and perhaps stop non-europeans joining, well hopefully.

Jon.

suppress the link on fbtb, i disable the "force registration" option. Please do it so we can keep our guests ;)

a bit off-topic, but....

...somehow i have the feeling that staying away from here ONLY 24 HOURS(!!!) leads to missing some serious discussion... ;)

That is a good idea Jipay and I guess it is the best decision so people can see the pictures but not post stupid message.

Apo. You have a life ouside of here?? You freak!! :P

You seem to be missing alot of the discussion lately. Never mind though.

Jon.

hey, i sat yesterday several hours here and NOBODY answered my posts... so i want home and came back today.... und between this you made all this crazy things... ;) (getting new members, changing setups, discussing things.... :P)