xwingyoda

Hailfire & Spider droids pic review (7670)

Rate the set  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Okie guys and gals, here s time for some droid exploration with my review of set 7670. As a general statement I have to say its really a neat set that is not that expensive for what it holds.

1) Box art

Like always I will start with pics of the box art. BTW, notice anything guys ? No bloody crappy DSS. Yes, finally a set without stickers and that feels great :-D

img_5327.jpg

img_5329.jpg

2) The Mfs

Nothing really spectacular there. The only novelty lies within the inclusion of the new Commander (yellow torso) BD. Apart from that, there are 2 BDs and unfortunately yet another SBD (I like those but I have a huge amount of them, and I would rather had something different). You have 3 short blasters and a couple of extra parts.

img_5332.jpg

img_5335.jpg

3) The Spider Droid

I think it�s a pretty cool little buggar. It�s a rather simple yet classic construction I think. It has sweet parts such as the BD body in dark bley. It really has a spider feel unlike the previous Ep3 one.

img_5336.jpg

img_5337.jpg

img_5338.jpg

img_5339.jpg

4) The Hailfire Droid

This baby represents the �pi�ce de resistance� of this set. I truly love it !! Sure it�s a bit under scale but I don�t really mind that.

Its conception is superb even if I totally dislike assembling those technic treads (especially 80 of those small things). The ellipse of the treads is well balanced and that trans disc is a brilliant idea.

img_5340.jpg

img_5341.jpg

img_5342.jpg

img_5344.jpg

The great thing is those new flick fire missiles: they don�t fall unlike the other ones and they do look good on this baby. Also you can put the wheels together and the missiles to gain some shelf space (easy storage ON :-D )

img_5343.jpg

img_5345.jpg

img_5346.jpg

img_5348.jpg

In conclusion those druids re really sweet and are perfect target practice for the upcoming RGS hehe !!

I hope you enjoyed that review and do not hesitate to comment and ask pic requests if any ;-)

*yoda*

Hey, Thanks for the review! I think I will definately get this set!

DP8

Edited by darthperson8

(sounds dorky! :-D )

It doesn't sound, it IS :-|

Since I have network problems I'm editing my post (don't want to redio the whole post if my network crashes !!)

*yoda*

Sorry Yoda. I think it might of been my problem. :-$ Either way I edited my first post.

Dp8

I totally dislike assembling those technic treads (especially 80 of those small things).

So you haven't build the Bat Tank, right? It comes with 2x 79 thread pieces... *wacko* ;-)

Thanks for the review, I'll definitively get this set (maybe monday :'-) ), love those droids *wub*

So you haven't build the Bat Tank, right? It comes with 2x 79 thread pieces... *wacko* ;-)

Oh I did !! Painful memories X-D

I think they are great looking but what a pain to assemble !! Especially the tiny ones. At lzaest the Bat Tank had the larger ones ;-)

*yoda*

I totally like this set *wub*!

I bought it some days ago ,it looks really nice together with the MTT.

And I am going to get the AT-AP today. *sweet*

Edited by Stealth Hunter

In conclusion those druids re really sweet and are perfect target practice for the upcoming RGS hehe !!

a druid battle pack would also be a nice idea for the castle sets.

Thank for the nice review with many pictures.

May I ask what you paid for this? My first (and second) idea was that 25 euro was a bit to much for this. :-)

They released the battle droid commander in 2000 :-|

While there was a yellow-marked battle droid officer in the 3343 minifigure pack released in 2000, the battle droid commander from 7670 is different. The new 7670 commander has a torso made of all yellow plastic, whereas the 2000 battle droid commander had a tan torso with yellow printings, and a tan head with yellow printings. So, while we have had a BD commander before, the 7670 commander is "new."

a druid battle pack would also be a nice idea for the castle sets.

May I ask what you paid for this? My first (and second) idea was that 25 euro was a bit to much for this. :-)

X-D whatever :-P Bloody typo I say. However, the upcomming Castle Advent calendar might include druids :-P

I paid 30

Yeah finally *yoda* got his SW :-D

I got 2 of them after X mas - they are really cool - especially the Spider Droid!

2 of them On!

& Happy *yoda* On :-P

Edited by aayla-secura

You thought the Bat Tank was bad, The Tie Crawler has 81 for each of the sides *sing*. and don't get me started on the Sand Crawler! :-X

Nice Review! And you finally got an 08 set!

I haven't gotten any, I blame Wal-mart for putting products out late |-/ :-D

Instead of a SBD, TLC should have included a Droideka(New Version) *y*

The scale is a bit off, so this is a Dwarf Hailfire droid :-P

P

thanks for the reveiw, i've got one of these and an AT-AP in the mail hopefully arriveing tomorrow :-)

Edited by legoman

Nive Review of it Yoda.. But i was going to do a review of it.. But now i see this.. I don't want to do it anymore.. :'-(

Next time.. Try to do it with action.. [it is rare that people do that, they only do it with the set and not further..]

;-)

Nice review, thanks. It still seems overpriced to me though. Also, the box shows the droid torsos that are used for "feet" on the Spider Droid as being light bley, yet they are clearly dark bley. *wacko*

TK

Yeah finally *yoda* got his SW :-D

Indeed :-D And I can tell you Aayla it was about freaking time :-P

You thought the Bat Tank was bad, The Tie Crawler has 81 for each of the sides *sing*. and don't get me started on the Sand Crawler! :-X

I know, I still have nightmares thinking of that :-D Thats why I didn't even mention that before ;-)

Next time.. Try to do it with action.. [it is rare that people do that, they only do it with the set and not further..]

;-)

Next time...Try to ask it in a different way..

*yoda*

Great review mate as usual, for me the highlight of this set has to be the new spider droid. Even though it's made up of some strange parts it really appeals to me, i would love a few of those babys.

The Hellfire droid is also well put together even if it is a little small, but hey it looks fun.

I really like the look of this set but the price tag really puts me off, why oh why did lego price it so high.... :'-(

Thanks for the great reveiw *yoda* Fantastic pictures (Very crisp)

I am now going onto bricklink to purchse to because you have reasured me that this is a good set.

Ashoka~

Great review, as we've come to expect from *yoda* *y*

Nice to see that TLG is finding new and interesting ways to get around the "no minifig only" sets restrictions with Hasbro. Clearly, this is another army builder with a minimal vehicle as we're becoming accustomed to. Heck, even the diminutive Hailfire is technically a droid as well, thus making this all minifigs, from a certain point of view.

Only negative: It is a bit overpriced. I'll have a better feel for that when I get one. Treads/links always drive up a price, so it might just be fair.

The spiderdroid is a winner, even with the unusual parts assortment. I like it when LEGO thinks of different ways to use things, I think it promotes the same from us.

I'm not sure what I think of the new battledroid commanders, but at least I can make extras easily if I need to, as I bought a bunch of yellow droid bodies off Bricklink once, thinking I might want to make some kind of new droid out of them. They were cheap at the time, now I expect the price to go up just because of this potential use. Between those and the grey ones, it's good to see more becoming available. Hopefully we'll see black and a few other colours produced for some nice customizing possibilities.

All in all, a nice little set with a great army building potential, especially on a buy-one-get-one-half-off or better type of sale. Until then, I'll grab one or two and be glad to have them.

I got this set for a few months [1 or 2].. And i agree that it is small.. But still.. It looks great on plates, clone troopers [Just for fun..] >:-)

i got this and a couple of other sets on monday.and to tell you the truth, i was a bit dissapointed.i like the set, i like the parts, but it's definitly not worth it's RRP of $45 NZD, if you ask me i should be more like $35 NZD, but hey, i still like it, i got it for $30 on ebay so i'm not complaining *y* *y*