Sign in to follow this  
lostdriveway

The Cyclone - LEGO Compatible Roller Coaster

I'm so excited about this - have been waiting for them to do another Lego compatible product for ages (since Roller Coaster factory came out in my dark ages and is now pretty much impossible to get hold of)

Backed the campaign earlier today and it looks like they are over 2/3 of the way to their target already :)

I've backed it as well. I was one of the lucky ones to get the Rollercoaster factory but sadly not had the time to explore it.

I missed out on the Roller Coaster factory hence why I jumped all over this. I'm working in LDD to convert the main pieces to actual lego so I can sub them out once we get the kits next year, I've been searching for years for a Factory set but have never seen them pop on on secondary market. I was one of the 1st backers of the campaign - I couldn't miss out this time haha!

Hey guys! Thanks for the support and kind words. :)

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the kit if you have any.

I think i have already pestered you guys with enough questions via facebook haha

I've backed it as well. I was one of the lucky ones to get the Rollercoaster factory but sadly not had the time to explore it.

If you do, would you post a review of some sorts? I'm terribly curious as to how well this works. I guess my main complaint is that it doesn't seem to give you the ability of building individual cars for the roller coaster with multiple wheels, because each rigid section is too short. That would enable people making more highly decorated cars. Hopefully such a piece will be included in the future!

Edited by BrickHat

Our train design is what is called a "trailored train". The trailored train allows for greater articulation of the cars through twists and turns and inversions. The spacing on the cars is such that you can connect two cars with bricks to make a "traditional" style roller coaster car. This makes the wheel base longer and limits the articulation of the train, but with careful design (large radius turns and gradual slopes) you can build a more boxy style (Minecraft for example) train. I think this is what you are wondering. :)

Our train design is what is called a "trailored train". The trailored train allows for greater articulation of the cars through twists and turns and inversions. The spacing on the cars is such that you can connect two cars with bricks to make a "traditional" style roller coaster car. This makes the wheel base longer and limits the articulation of the train, but with careful design (large radius turns and gradual slopes) you can build a more boxy style (Minecraft for example) train. I think this is what you are wondering. :)

Yup, that was it, exactly! Thanks for the reply! I really hope that the project takes off and that we see a lot of people with this kit. Can't wait to see the MOCs that people could do with this.

It's not entirely clear to me from the pics and video: does this support upside down turns? If not, are you guys considering doing so in the future?

This roller coaster style is obviously a wooden roller coaster. Typically, they do not have any inversions. We designed the train to be able to go upside down so in the future (hint) if we make a looping coaster, it will use the same train. I'm sure someone will take the kit and build a looping coaster with it. :)

This roller coaster style is obviously a wooden roller coaster. Typically, they do not have any inversions. We designed the train to be able to go upside down so in the future (hint) if we make a looping coaster, it will use the same train. I'm sure someone will take the kit and build a looping coaster with it. :)

Gotcha! Glad to know you guys had that in mind. :sweet: Can't wait to see what people come up with!

Looks great! Hopefully they're able to ship them to the UK.

Worldwide shipping - a few conversations on the Kickstarter page about shipping prices which have been addressed and a good response as well. They are doing a great job responding to people and keeping everyone up to date. Looking forward to what the future holds for them!