davesbrickroom

[MOC] Star Wars First Order Battle Tram

First time poster here with a custom build I did based on tramcars that I've seen in the past. I've always liked the look of these and I wanted to design one that looked a bit more bold. I came up with this design in LDD and built it to keep rowdy citizens in my Lego city in line! It runs on standard Lego train track and I made it flexible enough to handle tight turns and bumps in the track. Each passenger car can hold 4 minifigures (a driver and 3 troopers).

29330677615_a0d90b4926_z.jpg

29297054096_da1fb19ba7_z.jpg

29330674185_138ac1ae16_z.jpg

29330683725_c70e4e81ef_z.jpg

29043162190_8343a6b608_z.jpg

More here ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/davesbrickroom/

Welcome aboard. Nice job on the First Order color scheme. With the power car in the middle, it has that Stadler GTW railcar feel to it. :classic:

Let's hope you ain't got some Jedis on the leash, roaming your Lego City streets. Otherwise those handful of Troopers will get into some trouble :laugh:

Nice work indeed, I like that colour scheme!

Yes... it would be nice diorama... Jedi encounter... :D

Really cool color scheme. I got also some of this red glasses. I love them. :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Thanks everyone! It was really fun making this. I'll try to post a video of it zooming around on some track.

Whoa I am really diggin that color scheme!

(how do the troopers get in/out though?)

LOL .. yeah, I came close to putting in some doors on the passenger cars, but I wanted to keep the lines simple and straight. I think the cars are a bit more sturdy that way too. To justify not having any doors, I convinced myself that the red windows are actually red force fields that can be turned on/off, allowing for quick deployment! ;)