Dannylonglegs

New Islands Information Part II: Prio Seas.

The glorious Empire of Eslandola, upon deep deliberation and calculation of probable monetary gains, and other such important details, you know... has settled upon the incorporation into the glories of said Green Empire of - in short, of the islands, #8, The Autumn Isle, and #13, The Shadow, for the crown... and for gold, and glory, and wealth, and all the rest, of course!

Meaning, that our good impatient friends in Corrington may fire away at will default_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

The Empire of Eslandola's acquisitions have been officially acknowledged. Now The Queendom of Corrington may have their 2 picks. pirate_laugh2.gif

And yeah. Curious how Mardier keeps showing up and claiming stuff. They didn't even enter last competition. Empire of Unfairness. pirate_hmpf.gif (pirate_tong.gif)

~Some official from the Grand Duchy of Prio, probably.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Corrington has initiated its democratic and enlightened process of picking new islands, and you may expect to hear from us before the turn of the next century. pirate_wink.gif

/B

Her Majesty, Queen Annetta, upon consultation with the brave explorers, adventurers, and entrepreneurs of the empire has decided to claim for Corrington the islands previously marked 15 and 19 on the maps of the cartographers. The names of Cascadia and Garma's Key may be references for some, but Her Majesty desires for the islands to be explored more prior to permanent names being bestowed upon them. 

The rumors hold that the sea rats will soon be choosing some islands for themselves.

Nice build, indeed.

I did not know Sea Rats way to select Islands. It's an original way to do...

Perhaps your crew members should slow down on Rhum because, by now, they seemed to have missed the map :pir-laugh: (and twice ! :pir-tongue:)

On 25.9.2016 at 7:49 AM, dr_spock said:

Sea Rats have initiated Island selection process. 

drunkenfish1.jpg

Just wondering what has happened in that tavern. A bunch of pirates throwing around darts and arguing about... something. Is the floor covered in seas of blood already?

After many darts misses, the darts have finally hit the following two islands:

Island #: 2
Nickname: The Hilt and the Blade

Island #: 12
Nickname: The Crag

Those are the Sea Rats picks. 

Thank you for your patience. 

drunkenfish2.jpg

As a result of winning Challenge 5 Category E, Colonel Dirk Allcock, Colonial Governor of the Paradise Isles, claims Island 14 'Keep-Yer-Boots-On' in the glorious name of Her Majesty Queen Anetta of Corrington.

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

As a result of winning Challenge 5 Category E, Colonel Dirk Allcock, Colonial Governor of the Paradise Isles, claims Island 14 'Keep-Yer-Boots-On' in the glorious name of Her Majesty Queen Anetta of Corrington.

Nice to see Corrington chose a new island quite quickly. :pir-laugh:

I hope this island nickname is a good fortune naming and will help corries to "keep their boots on" their own business ! :tongue:

Sorry to bump this thread, but it's more relevant here.

As you may have noticed I started a settlement on Sabre Island (previously uninhabited/uncolonised) 

The geographical features set out in this topic confuse me.

Geographical Features: Featuring blunt cliffs on several sides, the Hilt (the eastern-most Island in this chain) features a tall, dormant volcano. The Blade (The Westernmost Island) also features a more eroded dormant volcano on the east side, but gradually slides into the waves going west. The archipelago rests in the thick of a coral reef, whose unpredictable depth has already been the grounding of more than one large vessel. The Island itself is fertile and could grow sugar cane quite well.
Rumors: A roguish band of ship scavengers has been operating out of "The Hilt", preying on the ships that wreck in the reef. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen, but one thing is certain: Precious little remains of those ships that did ground in the waters surrounding "The Hilt and the Blade"

Firstly Fever Island and Sabre Island use the same map. But I figured that one out by comparing it to the MRCA map. So I drew a rudementry border. 

But then I cannot see a sabre shape in Sabre Island, atleast not one that fits the above description.

I scribbled on the map to explain.
26405833717_ea82ddbde0_o.pngsabre island 2 
It looks to me that Sabre Island consists of 5 pieces,
(3 and 4 connected by a land bridge?)
When reading the description, the eastern-most island to me is no. 5 and the western-most no 1 

could someone enlighten me?

1 hour ago, Bart said:

could someone enlighten me?

I'm guessing Ska wrote the description, so he'd be the best source to explain things. @SkaForHire, can you help us out here?

4 hours ago, Bart said:

But then I cannot see a sabre shape in Sabre Island, atleast not one that fits the above description.

If you just twiddle your eyes right, blink twice, and squint hard... :pir-laugh:

I see something of a saber, "5" isn't much of a hilt to be sure but it's in the area where a hilt might be, and "4" is definitely the blade.  Don't overthink it. :pir-wink:

It makes more sense if you consider 1,2&3 to be the hilt :D it is a sabre swooshing down