Change those black liftarms in front of the hood for Light Bluish Gray ones, it will look better. It is also missing front lights, and maybe warning lights on the roof?

Add mirrors, steering wheel and door handles?

Not fan of the cab , IMHO you should make it a bit bigger, also think something about the grille , at this scale you can make a lot better design. :classic:

PS at that scale the seats have been seen even with suspension, so think well about it. Just watch how complex is Lucio's dump truck ;)

Edited by LXF

Funny thing - this reminds me the first dump truck plastic toy I had as a small child :D Used to have a lot of fun with that thing in a sandbox. Actually I think the scale might have been pretty similar.

Anyway, eventhough I never understood your pursuit of building such big thing, I guess I should say congratz :) It looks like dump truck (eventhough more like plastic toy version), it stands, nothing seem to bend or crack, it perhaps even drive (?) and dump (?). Definitely something that not everyone can build. Plus you surely learned quite a lot and you can do better next time!

Also, how is the driver going to be able to sit in those chairs at that angle?

Those are posture-correcting seats. You go in walking like a chimpanzee and you come out standing upright like Superman.

Those are posture-correcting seats. You go in walking like a chimpanzee and you come out standing upright like Superman.

This made my day, thanks

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for the commits everyone, plz give me ideas for the seats and I am going to be gone most of the week.

Just use 3x5 L liftarms instead of those you have now.

What makes this cool is this entire progress you can follow. It's not just a truck, it's a journey into Lego building :) If you see where you started, I think you have come a long way already.

I also like how the scale has become somewhat smaller than you started with. I thought the original was too big to work and look good. The new, somewhat narrower version, works and looks a lot better.

I do feel for those universal joints though, coming from the motor that controls the dump bed. There's a lot of force on them. You might want to go with gears instead. (This also gives you the opportunity to gear it down a bit, so that it's slower, but stronger).

By the way, if you're looking for ways to make the dump bed lighter, have you considered 8 x 16 tiles?

For your next project, I'd suggest you try experimenting with panels instead of beams for the cabin. Panels help making the shapes rounder and they weigh less.

Looking forward to further progress on this. Make sure to enjoy the ride! :)

What makes this cool is this entire progress you can follow. It's not just a truck, it's a journey into Lego building :) If you see where you started, I think you have come a long way already.................

Looking forward to further progress on this. Make sure to enjoy the ride! :)

+1 to this comment. Equally as fun to watch as well, IMO, has been to see the adjustment of member's comments. Initially they started somewhat harsh and perhaps overly critical, but as time progressed I think some evaluating occurred and comments turned from unhelpful to much more supportive and helpful. Kudos to @Lego2016Lego for sticking with the project and to the community for helping and their support.....

I'd say +1 for a lot of confidence - LegoLego sets high goals and keep working eventhough it's difficult.

But I'd also say -1 for to much confidence - Sometimes people suggested something that is obviously correct, or poited out a flaw (which is indisputably a flaw) and he either ignores or ensures that his execution is perfectly fine. Like the unsuspended U joints - it already has been pointed out like four times.

Still the progress is respectable :)

This MOC made a long way, and getting better and better overall.

In this stage, I would make a revision, where to remove unnecessary pins, reinforce the structure, if there are illegal building moves - and how to avoid them.

Don't be afraid to rebuild, what You are not 100% satisfied with.

Keep on building! :thumbup::classic:

I agree with Agrof, try a rebuild. Not that this model isn't good, but a rebuild can be a really nice learning progress!

And I know, you are reading this and think: I don't want to take my model apart, so much work for "nothing".

But: The rebuild will be a lot easier, because you know the building progress!

And you are building again and thinking: Ow I am such a megablock for building this that way, why didn't I build it a much easier way!

You will enjoy it and it will be really satisfying!

You really turned this topic into a nice storyline!

I am going to take apart the dump truck so here is a video tell me what you think! (click on the pic)

100_6201

Edited by Lego2016Lego

1 hour ago, Lego2016Lego said:

I did this in 5 min. I may make a LDD. (LXF?)

*snip*

Why make a LDD on the unfinished version?

I would wait till its finished to make one