Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

October 2016 LEGO Store Calendar

Ahmen to 2x points, I was gonna buy stuff in sept, but this just clinched it, as hard as it is, I'll wait

Well, my son likes penguins, so we might have to fill a PAB cup full of parts to build several. Oct 1 is a Saturday, so that would be a good day to go to the Lego Store and get the Holiday train, the PAB cup, double points, and the bonus set.

Funny how the Death Star is available September 30. Hopefully no one buys it when the very next day offers the double points.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

Sweet, I love the Double VIP Points. Since I only really buy during that time, I feel that 2x should be standard, and double should be 4x. Still, happy to see the bonus, and I will be buying in October.

I want to see a bigger picture of that surprise Advent Calendar. That's actually really clever... buy Christmas gifts early, get free Advent Calendar. Makes a lot of sense.

Sweet, I love the Double VIP Points. Since I only really buy during that time, I feel that 2x should be standard, and double should be 4x. Still, happy to see the bonus, and I will be buying in October.

Wouldn't that just make it so that you only bought during 4x points periods? I know the feeling of only wanting to buy during promotions, but doubling both the promotion and the standard offer wouldn't really change that. :tongue:

Ahmen to 2x points, I was gonna buy stuff in sept, but this just clinched it, as hard as it is, I'll wait

I will wait also (unless they do an unforeseen x2 points) because I don't want that lavaria nexo knights set.

Funny how the Death Star is available September 30. Hopefully no one buys it when the very next day offers the double points.

Maybe VIPs can get it starting in the middle of September since there are two early access exclusive sets. Death star and Minecraft castle?

Really neat on Lego's part, and a nice incentive for Rogue One.

Anyone remembers if they did a double VIP points event for the release of Force Awakens?

I wonder what the free Christmas sets are this year. I'm probably buying only the holiday train before Christmas, so even though that holiday calendar is a nice free bonus, I might wait until I know if there's something more suitable free stuff for my Winter Village coming later.

A different, holiday-themed advent calendar? Sign me up! That's one of the biggest GWPs I've seen!

It doesn't seem to be a full calendar. It says "build and rebuild", so there are not enough pieces to build everything at the same time as with regular calendars.

Still, with 210(?) pieces (can't read that properly) you won't have to tear it down every day; certainly a nice GWP.

Wouldn't that just make it so that you only bought during 4x points periods? I know the feeling of only wanting to buy during promotions, but doubling both the promotion and the standard offer wouldn't really change that. :tongue:

Not exactly. While that would be a fantastic bonus, I wouldn't feel the need to wait as much if the standard bonus was high enough.

It doesn't seem to be a full calendar. It says "build and rebuild", so there are not enough pieces to build everything at the same time as with regular calendars.

I guess they include a model every day, but next day's pieces are added to it to build something else, so that you have less than 24 complete models at the end. For example, the dog and reindeer seem to share the same pieces.

I am very pleased to see double VIP points return, especially coinciding with the RO set release, but I am disappointed in that I was planning a couple of major set purchases this week, with the September releases, which I will now put on hold for a month. :(

I like the free advent calendar. Can't wait for Double VIP points as well.

I'm eyeing that advent calendar interestedly also. Surely it isn't like the ones they sell?

Maybe VIPs can get it starting in the middle of September since there are two early access exclusive sets. Death star and Minecraft castle?

Actually the minecraft castle aka the fortress isn't a D2C but a regurlar release. Local walmart already has a sign up for it n space allocated. So still no idea whatthe 2nd D2C is there.

Last year we got two holiday-themed free gifts (Christmas Train in October & Gingerbread House in November). This year there's free Holiday Countdown calendar (in October) and then there's that unannounced Christmas Ornament (available maybe in November). Do you think that these two are the only holiday-themed free gifts this year?

Edited by temes

Last year we got two holiday-themed free gifts (Christmas Train in October & Gingerbread House in November). This year there's free Holiday Countdown calendar (in October) and then there's that unannounced Christmas Ornament (available maybe in November). Do you think that these two are the only holiday-themed free gifts this year?

I am wondering the same thing. I really like getting the two collectors sets to make small additions to my village. I was hoping they might be train themed to go along with this years train. I thought TLG did this really well with Santas workshop and the two elf/toy sets