Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Falahuas Manor

Situated in the county of Falahuas, this manor stands strong to protect it's habitants from Drow-raiders, of wich they have had more than average lately

29025291450_2045ab2433_b.jpg

So, finally my build is up! It's my biggest, and probably best build to date. No wonder it took more than a month to build.

Special thanks go to SK, for letting me use all his techniques, and Faladrin, who let me situate this MOC in his wonderfull county.

28691404843_59d89d29c2_b.jpg

29278404216_c96728baf4_b.jpg

28691406653_7b0f66e0db_b.jpg

29204041942_e9659144a0_b.jpg

29204042212_d3bc12a391_b.jpg

29024370270_acda541e5e_b.jpg

29278407196_fcdaca3f3e_b.jpg

29204044352_27d17ae842_b.jpg

29278408846_2f548929b9_b.jpg

29312150135_bc73c53bfe_b.jpg

29278410476_bc8965a043_b.jpg

29312152355_688f93144d_b.jpg

CC is very welcome, thanks for watching!

Edited by TitusV

It looks absolutely fantastic :classic:

The only thing that stands out for me is the 1x2 'striped" brick, just generally I see this used in Castle builds often in stone work and it always looks completely out of place to me. In my honest opinion if those were Mason bricks instead it would've looked even better.

My favorite npu has to be the reddish brown technic wheel piece :wub:

Edited by Isundir

wow man this is beautiful! I particularly like how you've solved the angle between the 2 roofs, as well as the interior - must be cosy!

Very nice build, Titus, definitely your best yet - and much improved photography as well! :thumbup: Although I generally prefer a little less greebly walls, and agree with Isundir about the grill bricks, overall yours does look really good here, and the sloped tower base, SNOTted stairs, and details under the crenelations are superb! Excellent SK style wood-work as well, and for some reason the flag-spears sticking out just look perfect! Great job!

A few things that could use improvement would be the stair-railing which could be tiled, and the terrain, which looks a bit jumbled and confused. I would try using less different plants all in a heap and try to arrange them in more natural formations if possible - but I do really like your tree there! :classic: A last couple of things would be that the cheese slopes on arrow slits generally point the other direction (right now they would serve to turn any arrow that hits them into the tower, which would not be good! :grin:), and that the brown roof edge over the gable on the tower looks out of place (as the tower isn't wooden like the other two). Not exactly sure how to fix that without some big change though...

Overall you're certainly improving quickly in both builds and presentation, keep it up! :excited:

Well done! This looks great, Titus! The stonework looks good, though I will echo what others have said that the 1x2 grill bricks do seem a bit out of place texturally here. Sometimes less is more when it comes to texture. And those arrow slits definitely need to be flipped, for the safety of the soldiers within...

I like what you have done architecturally here, as the central tower with the wooden additions looks very nice, and very Avalonian, too. I'm not sold, however, on the little statue at the top of the battlements, as it seems out of place being so high above the rest of the crenelations, but I do like the ones built into the wall a bit lower down. The interior space is nice, if a bit sparsely furnished (it is a frontier fortress, after all), and the stained glass looks very good there over the entrance. I do not love the thatching for the roof, but as thatching it does look pretty good; I would rather see something more shingle-y on a castle roof, as thatch is just a bit too flammable for my liking.

I agree with Garmadon again in saying that the vegetation seems a bit jumbled; more variation in leaf color, maybe, and more order in the arrangement would help. The vines and the little tree, as well as the growth on the roof, look good (though if I were living there, I would try to get those plants off the building, since the vines are tearing apart the masonry and the roof must be rotting, and probably leaking, if there are plants growing in it...). My favorite part, though, is the staircase coming up to the door. It is elegant and yet also slightly banged up, a testament to the efficacy of the fortress in repelling invaders and its utility in the wars.

A good looking build, overall, and a great presentation!

Needs another tree! lol j/k but seriously this is easily your best build. I agree with what others are saying..particularly the grill bricks. I usually don't like those in castle builds as they just don't fit to me. The vegetation is solid, maybe a bit more grass here and there. One thing I love about this build is the quaintness of it. So peaceful.

Woah, what a nice surprise this build is! The layout of this castle, with its stone and wooden sections, is fantastic. Lots of great details and techniques, the snotted staircase being one of my favorites. The rockwork, vegetation, woodwork and worn sections of the manor really bring this to life. I like that you included an interior. Sure, there's a few things that could be nitpicked, but they're very small things, and overall this is just wonderful.

You are coming a long way with your builds, keep it up and you will be a MOC master for sure! Great job Titus, can't wait to see more!

This is really one of your best! I love the stonework and maybe I like your woodwork even better, it's really realistic. The only thing that I really notice is the roof on the stone tower which indeed seems a bit out of place, but nonetheless you still made it look good.

One of the things that makes me most happy about this build, is your much improved photography :thumbup: The first shot looks great :wub:

The layout of the fortress atop the rock, and with various additions is really neat, and I think the stonework is your best so far. Great stairs too!

For the interior, I like your railing design with telescopes and plate rounds, and how you put arches into the stone sections.

Keep these sweet builds coming :moar:

just awesome! keep it up...

Thank you ser!

It looks absolutely fantastic :classic:

The only thing that stands out for me is the 1x2 'striped" brick, just generally I see this used in Castle builds often in stone work and it always looks completely out of place to me. In my honest opinion if those were Mason bricks instead it would've looked even better.

My favorite npu has to be the reddish brown technic wheel piece :wub:

Thanks!

I see what you mean with the grill-bricks...

The technic wheel actually comes from SK

Beautiful creation! I like especially, your stonework, the wooden structure, and the stairs!

Thank you ser! The stairs are one of my favoured ascpets as well

wow man this is beautiful! I particularly like how you've solved the angle between the 2 roofs, as well as the interior - must be cosy!

Thank you!

These angles were a reall pain-in-the-m********s!

Very nice build, Titus, definitely your best yet - and much improved photography as well! :thumbup: Although I generally prefer a little less greebly walls, and agree with Isundir about the grill bricks, overall yours does look really good here, and the sloped tower base, SNOTted stairs, and details under the crenelations are superb! Excellent SK style wood-work as well, and for some reason the flag-spears sticking out just look perfect! Great job!

A few things that could use improvement would be the stair-railing which could be tiled, and the terrain, which looks a bit jumbled and confused. I would try using less different plants all in a heap and try to arrange them in more natural formations if possible - but I do really like your tree there! :classic: A last couple of things would be that the cheese slopes on arrow slits generally point the other direction (right now they would serve to turn any arrow that hits them into the tower, which would not be good! :grin:), and that the brown roof edge over the gable on the tower looks out of place (as the tower isn't wooden like the other two). Not exactly sure how to fix that without some big change though...

Overall you're certainly improving quickly in both builds and presentation, keep it up! :excited:

Thank you for the long post!

I see what you mean about the vegetation, now I look back it defenitely needs improvements!

These cheese slopes... Yes, that's awkward! I'm always boasting that my builds are historical correct (or at least to a certain degree), but that was one huge mistake!

The gable ffels awkward for me as well, but since I couldn't come up with anything better...

Well done! This looks great, Titus! The stonework looks good, though I will echo what others have said that the 1x2 grill bricks do seem a bit out of place texturally here. Sometimes less is more when it comes to texture. And those arrow slits definitely need to be flipped, for the safety of the soldiers within...

I like what you have done architecturally here, as the central tower with the wooden additions looks very nice, and very Avalonian, too. I'm not sold, however, on the little statue at the top of the battlements, as it seems out of place being so high above the rest of the crenelations, but I do like the ones built into the wall a bit lower down. The interior space is nice, if a bit sparsely furnished (it is a frontier fortress, after all), and the stained glass looks very good there over the entrance. I do not love the thatching for the roof, but as thatching it does look pretty good; I would rather see something more shingle-y on a castle roof, as thatch is just a bit too flammable for my liking.

I agree with Garmadon again in saying that the vegetation seems a bit jumbled; more variation in leaf color, maybe, and more order in the arrangement would help. The vines and the little tree, as well as the growth on the roof, look good (though if I were living there, I would try to get those plants off the building, since the vines are tearing apart the masonry and the roof must be rotting, and probably leaking, if there are plants growing in it...). My favorite part, though, is the staircase coming up to the door. It is elegant and yet also slightly banged up, a testament to the efficacy of the fortress in repelling invaders and its utility in the wars.

A good looking build, overall, and a great presentation!

Thank you for the lots of information!

The gabbles, grill, vegetation and arrow slits... Well, I'll try to remember next time!

I love the fact that you like the architecture, I think I spent a whole day just staring at the plates making up the base to lay out the fundaments in my head! :wink:

Needs another tree! lol j/k but seriously this is easily your best build. I agree with what others are saying..particularly the grill bricks. I usually don't like those in castle builds as they just don't fit to me. The vegetation is solid, maybe a bit more grass here and there. One thing I love about this build is the quaintness of it. So peaceful.

:laugh: I know I need more trees, but don't start calling me treehugger than :wink:

It is peacefull on purpose, not everything is war (tough that may seem so in the Darklands)

Woah, what a nice surprise this build is! The layout of this castle, with its stone and wooden sections, is fantastic. Lots of great details and techniques, the snotted staircase being one of my favorites. The rockwork, vegetation, woodwork and worn sections of the manor really bring this to life. I like that you included an interior. Sure, there's a few things that could be nitpicked, but they're very small things, and overall this is just wonderful.

You are coming a long way with your builds, keep it up and you will be a MOC master for sure! Great job Titus, can't wait to see more!

Thank you! Your builds have inspired me a lot, so this means much to me!

The stairs were one of y favoured details as well!

This is really one of your best! I love the stonework and maybe I like your woodwork even better, it's really realistic. The only thing that I really notice is the roof on the stone tower which indeed seems a bit out of place, but nonetheless you still made it look good.

Thanks! Yes, that roof... I didn't really know what to do there...

You have out done your self titus, this is a massive step up from what you used to do. Can't wait for more mocs!!

Thanks, I'm planning something BIG!

Looks great! I really like how you have the lower section of the wall at an angle.

Thank you, the angle was inspired by SK (as most of the build :wink: )

One of the things that makes me most happy about this build, is your much improved photography :thumbup: The first shot looks great :wub:

The layout of the fortress atop the rock, and with various additions is really neat, and I think the stonework is your best so far. Great stairs too!

For the interior, I like your railing design with telescopes and plate rounds, and how you put arches into the stone sections.

Keep these sweet builds coming :moar:

Thanks, my master :wink:

You don't want to know how long that first image took me :laugh:

Nice that you like the telescopes, they come from one of your builds! :rofl:

Great job! I like the wall texture, and the shield in the wall. Keep it up.

Thank you!

Yes, the first photo is excellent. With the border and GoH shield this total is my aesthetic!

So if you steal all your techniques from SK and he takes 1/2 of his from me, does that means I can take 1/4 credit or something?

Yes, the first photo is excellent. With the borer and GoH shield this total is y aesthetic!

So if you steal all your techniques from SK and he takes 1/2 of his from me, does that means I can take 1/4 credit or something?

Thank you ser!

You'd take:

1/4 for SK taking 1/2 from you

1/4 for techniques directly from you

1/4 for the first image (the idea of the shield and text comes from you)

1/4 because you're my favoured builder :wink:

Wich would make, let me think...

Great work here! This build reminds me of a castle built by ZC!:) Love it

Thank you sir! That is a great compliment since (SK aside) this is based on ZC (especially the first image!

It looks great, it was nice to see it in person!

Hi,

I really like your MOC and the pictures are great!l

I love the glass mosaic window very much!

For me it feels a little bit like a building from my beloved Computer game "Baldurs gate" ...

I am just at the beginning buidling MOCs myself but I see there is so much to learn!

Hi,

I really like your MOC and the pictures are great!l

I love the glass mosaic window very much!

For me it feels a little bit like a building from my beloved Computer game "Baldurs gate" ...

I am just at the beginning buidling MOCs myself but I see there is so much to learn!

Hello there!

Welcome on EB, and thank you for your kind comment.

The glass-technique actually comes from dathil141, tough SK is very good at it as well (he also has a tutotial for it on his website, brickbuilt.org )

Good luck MOCing, and if there's anything don't hesistate to ask, we're all willing to help you here!

Thank you so much for the links! I started to read through EB and it needs a lot of time and there is so much to learn!

But I really like this community so far and I think it is great to look at all the creations!

Thank you so much for the links! I started to read through EB and it needs a lot of time and there is so much to learn!

But I really like this community so far and I think it is great to look at all the creations!

You're welcome! There's indeed much to read... Do you plan on joining GoH?

At the moment I can't imagine to join a guild. I have two little children to care for and I think I have not enough time at the moment.

But give me some time, perhaps in some years I can join.

If I had found that hobby years ago perhaps I would have done so, but I just started with Lego (most of the time I am a Duplo builder ;-))

Never the less I will enjoy your buildings and stories!