Sign in to follow this  
AgentRick

Wow, I'm surprised no one had done this already. First off, this is a truly lovely set that many people should own, even though it's SOLD OUT on the S@H :'-( . now lets start off with an overview.

photo_11.jpg

*Note*: I was missing a few of the pieces (the rabbit, the trike) when I toke the pics. The figs and a cat.

photo_20.jpg

The engine: I really love this thing. It's a beautiful 0-6-0 steam engine with a tender. This is probably the most detailed steam engine Lego has given us. I loved it so much, I made a non-holiday version for my town.

photo_53.jpg

photo_54.jpg

The flat cars: I like these, but they seem a bit simple. Their cargo is good for Christmas or a birthday party.

photo_56.jpg

The passenger car: It resembles the green passenger car we got a while back, but I like the interior in this one a bit better.

photo_57.jpg

photo_58.jpg

The caboose: a simple caboose like the one from 2001. the sad thing about it is thats there is no interior and it's hard to take the roof off.

photo_59.jpg

Overall: I like this set, but it is kind of hard to use during the non winter months. The price is kind of good, but with that price, it should have came with the motor. I give it a 9/10

Happy New Year!

photo_60.jpg

Edited by AgentRick57

Darn! If I would have known noone has reviewed this I would have!

Thanks! *sweet* *y*

Thanks for the review AgentRick57. It is a beautiful set, and quite cheap for me; $50 AUD for 965 parts! 8-

Thanks for the review AgentRick57. It is a beautiful set, and quite cheap for me; $50 AUD for 965 parts! 8-

NO I need it! I lost my rabbit in the great void known as the large old brown box of doom(L.O.B.B.O.D for short)!!!!! *sing* *sing*

I will gladly have your rabbit! *wub* X-D

Nah... I'll probably use it as a were-rabbit.

wererabbit2.jpg

Thanks for the good review, I wish I had bought one when it was going for only

I got that set from my grandma on x-mas. She ordered it early. I really like the presesnts and that blue thing. 3 wheeler?

Here in america, It's 100$$. Ouch. I like the rabbit. Whats with the rats in the trees and the cargo train?

Nice review.

vbbn1.jpg

Edited by ~VBBN~

Dang it, I meant to try to get one of these after Christmas ... I knew they were half-off at S@H and I just forgot. Now they're sold out. Darn!

Thanks for the review!

Blah. I wanted one of these at half off but I forgot and missed out. Thanks for the review though :-$

I was fortunate enough to get one along with the Hobby Train. They are the first trains I have ever owned (mainly by virtue of them having been half price).

It's a fantastic selection of parts with the Holiday Train, as well as it really looking the part as a set.

I'm happy not to get a motor; as I think the 9V setup would prove expensive, and the IR control system for the RC setup seems a bit poor.

I got some "dead" track for with it to have just as a push train for now.

Got one for 90 USD, one of the best trains ever..Funny as train, perfect for parts. What else to say. *y*