Sign in to follow this  
Bricksonwheels

Peterbilt 379 & MAC Dumper RC

Most people know me as a truckbuilder, but it has been well over two years since I built my last one! So it was time to go oldschool again.

On a lot of events our Dutch ensemble of Lego scale modelers always bring some remote controllable vehicles with us for demonstrations to the crowd. My models have been mostly static, so I decided to built some RC stuff myself. I started with the trains, and at last this truck now.

After such a long time I had to built my favorite truck: a Peterbilt 379. Not too original, but thats what I wanted :-) I choose to combine it with a MAC tri-axle enddump trailer.

The scale is 1:16. The tractor has a lot of retro-chromed bricks, but other than that all parts are standard Lego. The steering is achieved by the Power Functions Servo motor, and the rear axles are powered by two slightly geared-down Power Functions XL engines. A lot of power, especially as I wanted a true cardan to make it look real. But the thing runs smooth after some local reinforcements and its very strong.

The trailer is heavily chromed and clocks over 500 chromed tiles to get the polished look some custom dumptrailers in reality have. It has a liftaxle and authentic tarp system with mesh. The trailer can be lifted as well. The total combination is 112 cm in length and weighs around 6 kg. The brickcount should be around 5000.

28991649241_b70260f335_b.jpg

28991648601_bd730d5158_b.jpg

28991647771_59c61ff7fc_b.jpg

Visit our group of Dutch scale modelers at Legoworld 2016, Utrecht, Netherlands. You can give this baby a testride!

Thnx all!

What a beautiful creation buddy :wub: .

Does it's control by a S-Brick ore a normal reseiver ?!

This one has a normal receiver. SBrick and my Galaxy Tab 2 is a big struggle. I got the Big Boy locomotive running, but bought two new SBricks that both refuse to work on the exact same tablet. Connection trouble. I gave up after a while on those.

Thanks for the answer. :thumbup:

Lucky that the most people drives there trucks with SBricks at LW and there enough IR channels free :laugh: :laugh:

This is one beautiful combination.

It almost looks real.

Only thing I do not like, the endcaps on the exhaust pipes.

Bur the rest is BEAUTIFUL

Thnx all

This is one beautiful combination.

It almost looks real.

Only thing I do not like, the endcaps on the exhaust pipes.

Bur the rest is BEAUTIFUL

Haha.. thats a matter of taste. The fact that they are chromed Fabuland buckets makes them quite unique :-)

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Thnx all

Haha.. thats a matter of taste. The fact that they are chromed Fabuland buckets makes them quite unique :-)

I understand, but the fact that the aren't straight, but flaring out, makes them look like the stack off an old steam locomotive.

Have you ever considered adding a working engine?

It is a shame Lego do not make more colours of the engine block.

That is a beautiful model! Would you be willing to provide a video of the functions/driving?

It will be recorded at Legoworld, so will be to see end of October.

Very nice indeed! :wub: The 379 is a favorite. Any pics of the drivetrain? Looking forward to the video!

Simply stunning! Your builds have served as the inspiration for my Peterbilt MOCs over the past couple of years.

Thnx Motomatt! Your Peterbilt looks great. Reminds me of the SRS National trucks.