Jim

[TC10] Technic Pneumatic Contest - Information Topic

I wish to participate in my first competition on Eurobrick,

but I have one question: the Lego air tank is allowed for this contest?

I wish to participate in my first competition on Eurobrick,

but I have one question: the Lego air tank is allowed for this contest?

Great!

Yes, it is allowed.

Have fun!

Just to check, if one were to build a crane, would said person be allowed to operate the turntable and turn it manually, or is that against the rules. Also, would the hook be able to be raised and lowered by a string. Thank you very much, Jim

Just to check, if one were to build a crane, would said person be allowed to operate the turntable and turn it manually, or is that against the rules. Also, would the hook be able to be raised and lowered by a string. Thank you very much, Jim

It is allowed, but I would advice against implementing lots of manual functions. And I don't like the idea of main function (lifting the load via the hook) will be operated manually. Main function(s) of your model should be pneumatic.

It is allowed, but I would advice against implementing lots of manual functions. And I don't like the idea of main function (lifting the load via the hook) will be operated manually. Main function(s) of your model should be pneumatic.

Ok, thank you for the quick response.

in the first post was written that third party hoses are permitted. is it even permitted when it is used for non pneumatic uses to replicate the suction hose of a suction excavator? picture source

dino3_17-1030x773.jpg

You can use third party hoses that are same as a Lego pneumatic hoses. Using other diameters and sizes would count as using third party parts, which is not allowed.

If you are referring to the big hose on the arm, just suggestion, but you can use original Lego parts:

x153.gif?0

Part x153 Aero Tube 32 x 3 x 2 1/3

I think that will fit almost perfectly :)

You can use third party hoses that are same as a Lego pneumatic hoses. Using other diameters and sizes would count as using third party parts, which is not allowed.

What is the diameter of Lego pneumatic hoses?

Thanks for this hint, never knew this part is available in other colours than trans orange. When the length doesnt fit, is it permitted to cut it?

What is the diameter of Lego pneumatic hoses?

Around 2 mm / 0.08 inch inside, 4 mm / 1.6 inch outside

Thanks for this hint, never knew this part is available in other colours than trans orange. When the length doesnt fit, is it permitted to cut it?

Since it is regular Lego part and not a pneumatic hose, it is not allowed to cut it. But is since it is flexible, it should be very doable to flex the excess out of the sight.

Is it allowed to cut one pneumatic hose down to the length of an existing hose?

You can cut both original Lego pneumatic hoses and 3rd party pneumatic hoses.

Hi Jim and admins,

when will the entry topic be open ?

had a mega Lego weekend (better half was away) and managed to get my "left field" entry finished.

still to take some photos and a video but otherwise it's all ready to go

but holding off to reveal it in all its glory until the entry topic is open, but wanted a heads-up if possible as work is (as usual) taking up a lot of my time

ta,

seasider

I have a question about a possible illegal build technique. I've found that the following work really well as a rubber foot for my entry, but I'm concerned that it may not be entirely legal:

foot4.jpgfoot1.jpg

Replacing the friction pin with a 43093.png would obviously be legal but it doesn't work well since it would just be resting directly on the pin. Is this a problem?

I am not too fond of that solution. You can do better than that. Why not use an axle pin and don't push it all the way through? Or use tires?

44 minutes ago, Jim said:

I am not too fond of that solution. You can do better than that. Why not use an axle pin and don't push it all the way through? Or use tires?

Ok, thanks Jim. You're right! I'm getting lazy for no good reason.

Question. I have finished my lil excavator but haven't posted the final pics yet because I made 3 little attachment for it, a claw grab,forks and a manual jack hammer. So my question is can they be included with the excavator in the comp or just keep them to the wip thread?

You need to choose one attachment for the contest. You can post all of them in your discussion topic and let peope decide which one is the best.

On 17/09/2016 at 9:38 PM, Milan said:

Using other diameters and sizes would count as using third party parts, which is not allowed.

I've accidentally oredered the wrong sized 3rd silicone hose part off Ebay and the size isn't the same as the Lego Tubes. The inner diameter is 2mm but the outer diameter is around 7mm. Would I be able to use this part purely for air carrying reasons.

I think we can live with that :thumbup:

On 10/16/2016 at 4:17 AM, Technic Jim said:

I've accidentally oredered the wrong sized 3rd silicone hose part off Ebay and the size isn't the same as the Lego Tubes. The inner diameter is 2mm but the outer diameter is around 7mm. Would I be able to use this part purely for air carrying reasons.

It will certainly carry the air pressure, but with such huge wall thickness it will be quite difficult to bend.